Holland America Line Launches Onboard Credit Offer for AARP Members

LMaxwell

27 minutes ago, zelker said:

Wording regarding the AARP OBC offer on HAL's site has been updated at the bottom of the page -

Offer is for new bookings only. Offer is available on select voyages. Offer excludes Grand World Voyages. Offer and/or its terms may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Ships’ Registry: The Netherlands.

Ahh, guess they got tired of all the phone calls. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Wording regarding the AARP OBC offer on HAL's site has been updated at the bottom of the page -

Offer is for new bookings only. Offer is available on select voyages. Offer excludes Grand World Voyages. Offer and/or its terms may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Ships’ Registry: The Netherlands.

Lesson to HAL: State your terms and conditions clearly and explicitly, covering at least the aspects that are most likely to be an issue. Honestly, they should have known to specify new bookings only in the first place.

• Like 7

According to our PCC they asked as a group to clarify the new bookings only wording.  They must have been swamped with unhappy clients.  Not sure this promotion was ready to be rolled out as it was originally presented.  The poor wording caused discontent among HAL loyalty clients....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, recruiter 28 said:

According to our PCC they asked as a group to clarify the new bookings only wording.  They must have been swamped with unhappy clients.  Not sure this promotion was ready to be rolled out as it was originally presented.  The poor wording caused discontent among HAL loyalty clients....

And has crashed the AARP website  - it's been down at least the last 3 hours.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

And has crashed the AARP website  - it's been down at least the last 3 hours.

Since I have a newly minted paid membership I went in this morning and bought the discounted grocery card. I was able to easily get it using safari on my iPad 

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Since I have a newly minted paid membership I went in this morning and bought the discounted grocery card. I was able to easily get it using safari on my iPad 

What grocery card? I've been trying since about 8am central to buy HAL gift cards and for several hours am getting a message TBE AARP site is not responding. Ugh

4 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

What grocery card? I've been trying since about 8am central to buy HAL gift cards and for several hours am getting a message TBE AARP site is not responding. Ugh

They offer all of the Kroger and Safeway brands at a whopping 8% discount.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Did you try clearing your Cookies?

26 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

They offer all of the Kroger and Safeway brands at a whopping 8% discount.  

I didn't know that. Since it's a form of payment, I should be able to use with associate discount making it a nice discount. The 8% covers a lot of the tax in places that tax groceries.

Let's see if that one works for me since the HAL aren't.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Just bought $500 Holland America 

Edited by Gail & Marty sailing away

I guess I just don’t get it, booked a cruise for next year two weeks before this promotion was activated and I can’t use it. The cruise is a year away, it really is a new booking. Anyway, guess I can always cancel and rebook but seems like a lot of trouble. I guess rules are rules.

45 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

I guess I just don’t get it, booked a cruise for next year two weeks before this promotion was activated and I can’t use it. The cruise is a year away, it really is a new booking. Anyway, guess I can always cancel and rebook but seems like a lot of trouble. I guess rules are rules.

I'm about in the same boat, but my cruise is only a seven day one. I don't think I'll even both asking for my wife's  AARP OBC. I believe it's only $50 anyway. I just made the final payment about a week ago.

Doug

18 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm about in the same boat, but my cruise is only a seven day one. I don't think I'll even both asking for my wife's  AARP OBC. I believe it's only $50 anyway. I just made the final payment about a week ago.

Doug

I received for a cruise that had already made final payment. Always worth asjing, worst they can do is say no, and you're no worse off but they might say yes, then you've got $50. 🙂 

• Like 1

I just logged into HAL account & noticed I have an Onboard Credit for $50 that must sail by July 27, 2027.  I assume that is for the AARP promo.  Will have my agent check next week or later when she recovers from her vacation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1