Shareholder OBC credit question

horseymike

Call HAL Customer Service and ask for an emailed invoice.  Compare it to your original invoice to verify if the CCL OBC has been added.

My last five CCL share OBC requests have been acknowledged as received but no confirmation email or new invoice issued.

• Like 3

After I get the confirmation back from HAL that my shareholder OBC has been approved, I ask our TA (big, internet TA) to update my cruise "booking notification". 

The updated "booking notification" is basically a receipt from the TA that includes all OBC, the amount I paid for the cruise and how it was paid, my cabin number, my dining time, Flight Ease flights and lots of other important stuff. 

I then take this one paper page with me in case there is a discrepancy once onboard.  So far, HAL has been 100% correct and we've never needed it.........hoping that stellar record continues......

A tip - when you get your new invoice look at the amount of OBC for each person.  On a 7 day cruise for example, one person should show a $100 greater amount than the other person (since the stockholder credit is only one per cabin).  Thats how I know I got it.

• Like 4

On 7/26/2023 at 5:51 AM, DaveOKC said:

A tip - when you get your new invoice look at the amount of OBC for each person.  On a 7 day cruise for example, one person should show a $100 greater amount than the other person (since the stockholder credit is only one per cabin).  Thats how I know I got it.

What’s strange is on our upcoming cruise I got the CCL stock credit (correct) but I also got the emergency responder credit, or whatever it’s called when my husband should have.  Told him he better be good or I might not share, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, this is how it works. We had a back to back cruise on the Noordam and the shareholder OBC was there upon embarkation for each leg, but not pre cruise.Always bring your confirmation email. We have never needed it. They utilized  this OBC first as it is non refundable. 

1 hour ago, pmjnh said:

Yes, this is how it works. We had a back to back cruise on the Noordam and the shareholder OBC was there upon embarkation for each leg, but not pre cruise.Always bring your confirmation email. We have never needed it. They utilized  this OBC first as it is non refundable. 

Interesting, as just this week I got my stockholder credit approved and it shows up on my HAL confirmation invoice under OBC ($100 under one person, nothing for the second).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Interesting, as just this week I got my stockholder credit approved and it shows up on my HAL confirmation invoice under OBC ($100 under one person, nothing for the second).

That is interesting. We have not had it on my TA invoices. We were told it would show up onboard.

19 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

That is interesting. We have not had it on my TA invoices. We were told it would show up onboard.

My OBC has always shown on the HAL confirmation that my TA sends me.  

It won’t show on an invoice but it does on the HAL confirmation which she always sends me.  

40 minutes ago, kazu said:

My OBC has always shown on the HAL confirmation that my TA sends me.  

It won’t show on an invoice but it does on the HAL confirmation which she always sends me.  

Maybe this varies within TA agencies. I just double checked my current invoice (and past) which includes confirmation of items  from HAL but nothing directly from HAL for our upcoming booking in regards to shareholder.

7 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

Maybe this varies within TA agencies. I just double checked my current invoice (and past) which includes confirmation of items  from HAL but nothing directly from HAL for our upcoming booking in regards to shareholder.

From what you have said it sounds like your TA is sending you their invoice and not the HAL confirmation and including what HAL added probably when you booked.

The HAL confirmation does not break down the OBC - just shows the total.  It is blue at the top with the HAL logo and has your TA’s name and address in the upper right hand corner.

If you get one of those when you book, then it’s easy to tell if it was added when the new confirmation is sent.

Hope this makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swabia said:

Is there a specific form that needs to be sent along with the evidence of stock ownership?

On 7/27/2023 at 3:53 PM, Crew News said:

FAX:  206-270-6080

Email: CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com

@Swabia no form needed, just be sure to submit using one of the above methods (I prefer email as it's easy to do from computer & add the required shareholder statement and HAL can just respond back to the email w/confirmation).

Be sure to include booking numbers in the email. 🥳

Thanks everyone for your replies. I contacted HAL today and requested an invoice showing our OBC. The gentleman HAL agent was extremely gracious and provided me with an updated invoice ( via email ) showing the OBC. I know I am a bit of a stickler, but I always feel better when everything is documented on the invoice.

• Like 2