FTTF out of Miami

bigdawgmatty

I know that now everyone sees the value of FTTF, but we do.   My question is this.  We are cruising on The Celebration on April 28th of 2024 out of Miami.  FTTF doesn’t show up under excursions and one time I searched for it it said “not available for this sailing”.  

Does that mean it WONT become available as they already have their fill of Diamond and Platinum guests?   Does it mean they simply don’t offer it for this sailing?  I haven’t crushed since Covid so I’m more just asking if SOME sailings just don’t ever offer FTTF, or if I should just keep checking.   

thank you I’m advance.  

No, it's simply too early for it to be offered.

Because it is a quantity controlled product totally dependent on D&P bookings, they need to wait later in the booking cycle to make a reasoned judgement as to how many, if any, they can sell.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has not be released for any 2024 sailings yet. According to the Carnival site, it is only out for 2023 cruises. No idea when it will be released for 2024. Sometimes they release by port or for certain months. As jsglow mentioned, it is limited so it may not be available for a ship with high numbers of platinum and diamond cruisers.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If it is a journeys cruise then it will almost certainly not be offered. 

If it was offered but sold out it'll say sold out (but keep checking as of might become available at some point).

It's a routine 7 nighter. 

In fact, Carnival has exactly ZERO Journeys cruises planned for the XLs anytime in their available schedule. They will be the standard itinerary 7 night ships from the 3 biggest ports for several years to come. The only thing they might do is swap them around. But even that seems unlikely given the paint job on Jubilee.  Obviously a revenue run to a scheduled dry dock might be the rare exception.

Yes, it's just too early. I used FTTF out of Miami this April on the Celebration. We stepped into the line at around 8:45 and they let us in at 9:10. We boarded the ship at 10:45. Unfortunately, Miami does not have a separate seating area for FTTF as some other ports do. I recorded the whole process below. 

Edited by AllgoodOnTheRoad

Hopefully FTTF is worth it on the larger ships.  I am on Sunshine now, and at my 11 am checkin we were told by the gal checking us in that we could go straight to our room and our luggage would be there shortly.  Unfortunately, that was untrue.  Was not able to check into the room until everyone else, and we are still waiting for luggage 5 hrs later.  So I essentially gave Carnival $90 for nothing.  😔  If Carnival is not going to be able to do what they say, they need to stop offering the service.

15 hours ago, oh2bonh20 said:

Hopefully FTTF is worth it on the larger ships.  I am on Sunshine now, and at my 11 am checkin we were told by the gal checking us in that we could go straight to our room and our luggage would be there shortly.  Unfortunately, that was untrue.  Was not able to check into the room until everyone else, and we are still waiting for luggage 5 hrs later.  So I essentially gave Carnival $90 for nothing.  😔  If Carnival is not going to be able to do what they say, they need to stop offering the service.

You misunderstood the instruction. You absolutely were allowed to immediately go to your cabin, drop your carry-on, and leave. This FttF perk is exactly analogous to the privileges awarded to Dia/Plats. Nobody is given immediate occupancy of their cabin.  

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

You misunderstood the instruction. You absolutely were allowed to immediately go to your cabin, drop your carry-on, and leave. This FttF perk is exactly analogous to the privileges awarded to Dia/Plats. Nobody is given immediate occupancy of their cabin.  

Another COVID cop out that was made permanent, sadly.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Another COVID cop out that was made permanent, sadly.

I think it has less to do with Covid and more to do with the sheer numbers of Priority and FttF; combined with the overall room steward staffing issue.  It's all a balance.

I suppose since I didn't have any Priority status prior to Covid I'm not missing what I never had.

4 hours ago, jsglow said:

Well the doors were locked off with a sign that said no entrance until after 1:30.  🤷‍♀️