Back on Queen Victoria

Victoria2

4 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Look in the Shop on Deck 3 with Miscel Items. We saw something like that.

Yes, the book shop will be my first go to, with my iPad to take a photo. The Cunard shop might also have one. It’s a sea day today ( glorious weather so far) so I’ll go and spend some obc on teddies and look for a journal. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Yes, the book shop will be my first go to, with my iPad to take a photo. The Cunard shop might also have one. It’s a sea day today ( glorious weather so far) so I’ll go and spend some obc on teddies and look for a journal. 🙂

Cunard Shop is our favorite stop for OBC...Their fudge, hard candy, Shortbread Cookies. But we bought in September some small travel bags that came in handy. Black with read lettering. Even have small wheels on the bottom that helped. DW enjoyed the clothing selection.I saw this years version of the teddies right by the door. Even got nice passport covers to keep our doc's for next voyage. Enjoy your time in the Shop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Cunard Shop is our favorite stop for OBC...Their fudge, hard candy, Shortbread Cookies. But we bought in September some small travel bags that came in handy. Black with read lettering. Even have small wheels on the bottom that helped. DW enjoyed the clothing selection.I saw this years version of the teddies right by the door. Even got nice passport covers to keep our doc's for next voyage. Enjoy your time in the Shop.

I had to buy one of those bags on wheels  last Christmas after 2 weeks Christmas shopping in various ports I needed one to pack all my extras in. I got mine on QV but didn’t see them on QM last month. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I had to buy one of those bags on wheels  last Christmas after 2 weeks Christmas shopping in various ports I needed one to pack all my extras in. I got mine on QV but didn’t see them on QM last month. 

They were there on the 4th of July Sailing...Quite a number of them......Don't know if passengers knew what they were since they are folded up flat....

6 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

They were there on the 4th of July Sailing...Quite a number of them......Don't know if passengers knew what they were since they are folded up flat....

You were right. They are in the Cunard shop at the moment on QV.

Got the member of staff to hold it to get some idea of size.

IMG_0838.thumb.jpeg.f22891ee06c9c8cddc1c606d5b759662.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Cunard Shop is our favorite stop for OBC...They’re fudge, hard candy, Shortbread Cookies. But we bought in September some small travel bags that came in handy. Black with read lettering. Even have small wheels on the bottom that helped. DW enjoyed the clothing selection.I saw this years version of the teddies right by the door. Even got nice passport covers to keep our doc's for next voyage. Enjoy your time in the Shop.

We have quite a reasonable obc so got these two, for starters. 🙂 Cute.

IMG_0841.thumb.jpeg.c84eb56d4c2e4900b60697002955dd0c.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

We have quite a reasonable obc so got these two, for starters. 🙂 Cute.

IMG_0841.thumb.jpeg.c84eb56d4c2e4900b60697002955dd0c.jpeg

Forgot what the theme of the teddies this year?

Didn't look at them so close. Not sure same from September to last months.

Nice Presents !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Thank you...   QM2 was Black cover w Red Letter if memory serves me right. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Yes! That's it. Thank you for checking on it. My QE is red and QM2 is black. 

Looking forward to adding to the collection. 

For those concerned about Cunard passengers potentially letting the side down as far as evening attire is concerned, the Masquerade Gala evening was awash with elegance and I have to say, a fair few lovely masks.

Yes, there were a few Queens Room watchers on the third deck but even then, I wouldn’t say 'scruffy', just not Gala wear.

All's well on QV.

IMG_0842.thumb.jpeg.376e1d9191ed27b201c49d9b4eb9e050.jpeg

• Like 6

Hi @Victoria2, Would you mind having a look in the daily programme for ‘the zone’ opening hours please and also the timings currently for 1st and 2nd sitting in the Britannia? We are due to sail on Sunday for a couple of weeks on QV. Thank you!

Edited by crossalex
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Sounds like they're really leaning into their themes. What movie(s) did they show to go with Masquerade? I remember that for Roaring 20s, the TV programming including "Some Like It Hot."

Thee favorite movie each time played

1 hour ago, crossalex said:

Hi @Victoria2, Would you mind having a look in the daily programme for ‘the zone’ opening hours please and also the timings currently for 1st and 2nd sitting in the Britannia? We are due to sail on Sunday for a couple of weeks on QV. Thank you!

I can help there. 

1st sitting: 5:45pm, last call 6:15pm

2nd sitting: 8:15pm, last call 8:45pm

Open: 5:45pm to 9pm.

Zones (both age groups, 2-7 years and 8-17 years)

10am to midday

2pm to 5pm

6pm to 11pm

Childrens' Tea 4:30pm to 5pm

All of these timings have stayed the same for a while.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, crossalex said:

Sure

At sea

10am-12pm

2pm-5pm

6pm-11pm

night nursery

6pm- 11pm

In port

2pm-5pm

6pm-11pm

night nursery

6pm-11pm

dinner

first sitting. 5.45pm  last call 6.15pm

second sitting 8.15pm. Last call 8.45pm

On 7/25/2023 at 4:06 PM, exlondoner said:

Lucky old you. We are on again next month, hopefully without the benefit of Covid.

As there is another thread about this, do let us know what the party position is, even if you don’t attend.

How was embarkation?

For information 

IMG_0859.thumb.jpeg.aca9a2d00542ea6c023db5a2ccfd0cbb.jpeg

• Thanks 2

On 7/25/2023 at 4:06 PM, exlondoner said:

Lucky old you. We are on again next month, hopefully without the benefit of Covid.

As there is another thread about this, do let us know what the party position is, even if you don’t attend.

How was embarkation?

We attended the drinks do this morning as we met with friends there.

All I can say is, it’s many years since we attended a Senior Officers do, and it will be many years to the next one. The Queens room was packed. Heaving. Having attended much smaller gatherings in the past it was no fun whatsoever. Our little party left after the one and only speech from a WC rep. Rather a boring affair all in all.

On 7/31/2023 at 6:34 AM, Victoria2 said:

Sure

At sea

10am-12pm

2pm-5pm

6pm-11pm

night nursery

6pm- 11pm

In port

2pm-5pm

6pm-11pm

night nursery

6pm-11pm

dinner

first sitting. 5.45pm  last call 6.15pm

second sitting 8.15pm. Last call 8.45pm

Britannia opens 45 mins before the Grills?

@Victoria2 Sorry to hear the party was a flop. Thanks for letting everyone know. Alas, Sashenka didn’t arrive in time for the beach trip, but it was here last night and I could barely put it down. China also arrived and it was difficult to decide which to read first. Some problems are good problems. 🙂 I’ll save it for the September cruise.