Back on Queen Victoria

Victoria2

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Happy to hear that it's a good day. I hope your hands heal quickly. 

Shopping question. Does the ship sell any kind of Cunard journal, maybe with the ship's name on it? I very much miss the Ocean Books journals with the wonderful pictures. For a while after they were gone, the journals that were available looked cheap. But the ones I've seen more recently on QM2 and QE are pretty good. They're red or black with the ship's name on the front. Anything like that?

I will have a look for you. When you say journal, do you mean an empty journal ready to be written in or a book pertaining to the ship and written by others?

Just now, Victoria2 said:

Well beware, it’s the first of a trilogy. 🙂

If I find it too heavy, I have one of my favourite 'faction' writers books in my kindle ( and also in book form at home as I love his books) ready, China by Edward Rurtherfurd.

Look at  ' London' for a cracking read with history thrown in.

Just now, Victoria2 said:

I will have a look for you. When you say journal, do you mean an empty journal ready to be written in or a book pertaining to the ship and written by others?

I'm looking for an empty journal. I don't keep a diary/journal at home, but I do when I travel. It's fun if the book matches the destination. I have five of the old Ocean Books journals, plus the cheap spiral QM2 and the little aqua and gold journal. More recently, a red QE and a black QM2. Now that I'm trying QV, I hope to find QV journal to add to the set--and one for QA when I sail on her.

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

If I find it too heavy, I have one of my favourite 'faction' writers books in my kindle ( and also in book form at home as I love his books) ready, China by Edward Rurtherfurd.

Look at  ' London' for a cracking read with history thrown in.

Rutherfurd is wonderful. My first was Sarum. I started it on the plane to London and finished it on the QE2 going home. In between, we toured around the south of England, and on a whim, stopped in Salisbury, which was perfect timing for reading the book. 

3 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm looking for an empty journal. I don't keep a diary/journal at home, but I do when I travel. It's fun if the book matches the destination. I have five of the old Ocean Books journals, plus the cheap spiral QM2 and the little aqua and gold journal. More recently, a red QE and a black QM2. Now that I'm trying QV, I hope to find QV journal to add to the set--and one for QA when I sail on her.

I have to go and get some Cunard teddies so when I do, I’ll look or ask about journals for you.

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Rutherfurd is wonderful. My first was Sarum. I started it on the plane to London and finished it on the QE2 going home. In between, we toured around the south of England, and on a whim, stopped in Salisbury, which was perfect timing for reading the book. 

That was my first and it vies with London and New York to be my favourite. I have had China ever since it was released but am loath to start it, as it will mean I have no more new Rutherfurds to read.

Daft or what! 🙂

17 minutes ago, techteach said:

Maybe you two can help me. We’re going to Rotterdam and Bruges December, 2025. I need a good book(s) about the history similar to what we’ve been discussing.

If you can stretch the miles, there’s always Rutherfurd's Paris.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaisyUK said:

Sorry to hear about the hand problem and hope it doesn't impact on your enjoyment of the QV too much. Great that the weather has improved 😊 

Worse things happen at sea…oh wait a minute, we are at sea 🙂

It's not stopping any enjoyment but it’s a bit of a nuisance. The weeping is stopping so that’s a good sign things might clear a bit.

The day has been beautiful and we’re on the most beautiful ship in the world so many, many things  to be grateful for. 🙂

I have earmarked Russka as one of my books to take on the Christmas Caribbean Cruise. I read it many years ago and just could not put it down.I certainly will see if I can get China as well.I will still make a visit to the Library as I love to have a browse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

There’s a WC cocktail party tonight. We shan’t be going. If there’s a smaller do later on in the cruise, we might attend but this will be busy!

IMG_0825.thumb.jpeg.dd32812ccf235254e5569e89fd89c16e.jpeg

I agree V2,,,,,,

9 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Happy to hear that it's a good day. I hope your hands heal quickly. 

Shopping question. Does the ship sell any kind of Cunard journal, maybe with the ship's name on it? I very much miss the Ocean Books journals with the wonderful pictures. For a while after they were gone, the journals that were available looked cheap. But the ones I've seen more recently on QM2 and QE are pretty good. They're red or black with the ship's name on the front. Anything like that?

Kathy,

I think I saw a travel journal in the Logo Shop with Miscel Items on Deck 3

9 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I have to go and get some Cunard teddies so when I do, I’ll look or ask about journals for you.

Look in the Shop on Deck 3 with Miscel Items. We saw something like that.