Norovirus at 10 year high

ziggyuk

43 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Amazon sells small soap dispensers you could carry in your pocket/purse.

Not a bad idea, but wouldn't you still need water? Soap is usually available on a cruise ship where water is available.

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

You clearly need it in very very simple terms.

1, you said the marketing was removed due to FDA rules.

2, you then said the product is not available in the US.

Prey tell why would they remove the marketing if the US is not a market,,,, not rocket science.

You clearly need to read better.

"That has been removed from all packaging in the US..."

Since EcoHydra is not marketed in the US, and since I never referred to it as if it was, it's clearly not rocket science that I wasn't addressing EcoHydra. It's not my fault you inferred something I clearly did not say. Is there something else you'd like to confuse and nitpick to death, or are we done here?

5 hours ago, esimon said:

it completely disappeared when covid hit -   NO cases reported - it was all Covid -  my comment was sarcastic for sure    had the same issue with the flu

Yeah, when people did social distancing, washed hands, covered their coughs/sneezes and such, yeah. No contact with sick people = no spreading illnesses. Now that everyone is back to their original un-hygenic ways, all the illnesses return.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, esimon said:

it completely disappeared when covid hit -   NO cases reported - it was all Covid -  my comment was sarcastic for sure    had the same issue with the flu

Press coverage went away, because they were covering covid. But norovirus never went away. 2019 and 2020 saw some of the highest numbers of outbreaks in recent years.

Friends of ours took their entire family ( 6 adults and 5 kids ) to Disney World this past week. They all flew in and flew out with Covid. The kids were a little sick on their last day there and they didn't really think about it being Covid until they got home and one by one they all ended up sick and tested positive.....all of them are vaccinated. One ended up hospitalized and so far doing OK. You take your chances being in crowds, airplanes, elevators, long lines, busses, and theaters....that's life now. It's hit or miss. I've had Covid 2 times so far. But I came home from our cruise in May completely well...no sickness at all. It's the luck of the draw and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. 

On 7/29/2023 at 10:13 PM, laudergayle said:

Just Clarifying..not trolling.   Did you mean to say they flew in…and out…without Covid? 

I meant that they flew in for their Disney week, and then flew out to go home with Covid. Sorry I didn't explain that right. :classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had COVID in February and norovirus in May (thanks to my grandson sharing his germs) and by far the norovirus was the worst.  I don't ever remember being that sick.  Got COVID after we came home from a cruise.  We did wear masks on the buses, airports & airplanes, when in the boarding crowd and anywhere else there was a crowd of people.  We're also both vaccinated.  We both had pretty mild cases.

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2023 at 11:25 AM, laudergayle said:

If you have ever caught norovirus you would travel with a stash of Zofran the generic is ondansetron.  Get a prescription from your doctor.  Honestly, it is a lifesaver.  You dissolve a tablet under your tongue and it helps with nausea and vomiting, in addition it slows down intestinal activity.  

I made a note of this.  Just got my doc to give me a scrip.  My cruise isn't for another few weeks but I'll be prepared!

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 4:58 PM, MJSailors said:

Just a heads up. My DH and I were on a Celebrity Summit cruise to Bermuda in early June.

Early Thursday morning of the cruise I experienced intestinal  upset that lasted for three hours.

I felt nauseous for the remainder of the cruise. When we got home, I tested positive for Covid.

What I thought was Noro was something else.

Our family doctor said the C virus is showing up as intestinal symptoms.

Those cases of Noro may be really Covid.. It is still out there!

MJ

Since Covid first appeared there have been people who have only showed gi symptoms.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

I made a note of this.  Just got my doc to give me a scrip.  My cruise isn't for another few weeks but I'll be prepared!

Thank you for resurrecting an older post.  I promise, you will never regret having Zofran in your travel arsenal.   

in fact, @Grimix recently posted about how his DW who works in the Er/ED (lol) doesn’t travel without.

Edited by laudergayle

On 7/27/2023 at 2:28 PM, BirdTravels said:

On our last cruise in May, there were limited washy washy people at the buffet entrance when we went in. Cost Cutting. The buffet was still changing serving utensils and wiping counters every 15 minutes to minimize the spread of germs. 

I noticed fewer "Washy Washy" people on the Joy in August.  Maybe it was because there is a row of sinks near the doors to the Buffet.  We always stopped there to Washy Washy, but they still need to bring back the Washy Washy singers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

YESSSSSSS.  We’re so looking forward to it.  It’s my birthday cruise!!

The description just made me love this cruise even more. They use the word "gallivant" to describe it!!! You're going to have such a wonderful time! I hope we get to hear all about it. Enjoy the amazing observation lounge (haven't cruised Bliss, but Joy's was so nice). And, because I'll forget, happy almost birthday!!

image.png.4b5285792bd42f12291b48fb5f0ef737.png

• Thanks 1