House Select drinks package question

bob&france

13 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Anytime bars are open? Seems like it says during normal restaurant operating hours. 

OOPS!

Trying to read it upside down (which sometimes happens on photo add to iPhone CC). In any case, room service is considered a dining venue (Though basic booze is limited to same hours as the restaurants). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Wow.  Not quite what I had hoped for. Thanks for letting me know. 
Are any others available with the Prestige package?

There may occasionally be a second/third sparkling option like Prosecco. On rare occasions, I’ve seen Shramsberg Mirabelle, which would be far better. I’ve also occasionally seen Mirabelle on the “bin end” list or the now discontinued “7 bottle” program (where, if on a long cruise, I’d buy 7 bottles of that one wine at less than 100% markup).

2 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Wow.  Not quite what I had hoped for. Thanks for letting me know. 
Are any others available with the Prestige package?

If you do not like the Champagne by the glass offering   they do have bottles for sale  or pick one up ashore if you can

Just now, LHT28 said:

Is that Champagne ??

It’s NorCal sparkling wine. (Can’t use the term champagne. But it’s a quite good daily drinker that retails at home for about $30+\- per bottle).

FWIW: I’d take NorCal sparklers over most French champagne any day. One of my favorites is Martin Ray’s sparkling Rosé of Pinot Noir. 

• Like 1

We enjoy several sparkling wines from NorCa. We are fortunate to have a number of very excellent local options. I agree with you on Shramsberg being a very good bubbles!

I read an article that stated Oceania served Montaudon, (which is to our liking). I was disappointed I guess, that the updated Champagne Germain is the replacement after pricing it at $20 on my initial search. It’s good to know this ahead. I will pick up a bottle and give it a try! 
We usually bring some bottles on board with us when the embarkation city makes sense. Barcelona is one that we have done that with in the past. We generally bring reds on board, but we could always switch it up and look for bubbles to include  as well. 

Thanks again for the information. 

3 minutes ago, SellaVee said:

The current offering on Marina is Heidsieck Monopole Champagne.  There is also a Prosecco and another sparkling wine, the name of which I can’t remember.

Thank you for this update. Seems like it makes sense to wait until closer to departure to pre-test, if need be, the bubbles of the day! Enjoy your cruise and thank you for taking the time n

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SellaVee said:

The current offering on Marina is Heidsieck Monopole Champagne.  There is also a Prosecco and another sparkling wine, the name of which I can’t remember.

This is on the By The Glass menu or what they put in the Concierge and up rooms for a Welcome? 

On 7/31/2023 at 9:50 PM, ORV said:

This is on the By The Glass menu or what they put in the Concierge and up rooms for a Welcome? 

This is in the By the a Glass menu.

Our private shore excursion today was held up by a medical emergency and we returned to the ship a few minutes after 4.  We'd had a very early breakfast and a mid morning snack ashore.  This plus a late dinner reservation meant I ordered room service lunch.  I was told that if I wanted a glass of wine with it, it would be chargeable as we're on the House Select package.  This reinforces the wine with meals only during restaurant hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Oceania should drop the corkage fee since they now include wine by the glass. Viking has no corkage fee. 

100% agree. And while considered a ‘different category,’ Seabourn does not either. 

Edited by Vineyard View