Summit Cabins 1100-1136

Ugaaucruisers

Good morning.  A few questions about Summit 1100-1136 cabins.  I have checked the M Class Cabin spreadsheet and some info seems to be inconsistent and contradictory.  Also, the very aft Aqua cabins are booked. 
1.  Noise. Thinking cabins 1106-1110 would be more quiet.  Away from door and behind the speakers of the theatre?
2.  How to tell if bed is by balcony or bath?  I’ve always found a cabin that I was sure of the bed location and counted every other cabin to get the bed placement. I have seen a video of cabin 1120 and bed is by the bath.  If you count every other cabin to 1106, 1106 would have bed by balcony, but on the spreadsheet it says bed is by the bath. Anyone have first hand experience?

3.  Cabins 1100-1136 which cabins have the largest balconies?  
Thanks for you help!

Question 1. We wouldn't book any of those staterooms on deck 11 based on what's above on deck 12. No matter what others experiences are. But we never book staterooms with public areas above or below. For us not worth the unknown. Good luck with your decision. 

9 minutes ago, davehathy said:

Question 1. We wouldn't book any of those staterooms on deck 11 based on what's above on deck 12. No matter what others experiences are. But we never book staterooms with public areas above or below. For us not worth the unknown. Good luck with your decision. 

Thanks.  We usually don’t book public areas above or below, but wanted to try Aqua.  So…

We were in 1134 on the Summit in April.  Absolutely quiet day and night.  Some noise if sitting on the balcony.  We love Aqua Class, especially dining in Blu.  You will absolutely enjoy the experience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyd285 said:

We were in 1134 on the Summit in April.  Absolutely quiet day and night.  Some noise if sitting on the balcony.  We love Aqua Class, especially dining in Blu.  You will absolutely enjoy the experience.

Thank you.  We are looking forward to trying Aqua.  

I stayed in 1136, honestly other than when I was on the balcony at certain points like when a movie was on I never heard anything (I'm a light sleeper). It was nice having the door to go up or down close to where I was.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

I stayed in 1136, honestly other than when I was on the balcony at certain points like when a movie was on I never heard anything (I'm a light sleeper). It was nice having the door to go up or down close to where I was.

Thank you!

We have been in these cabins on both Summit and Constellation.

Nice cabins in decent condition as they are not original to the ship.

Any with a slight angle to the balcony shown on the deck plan are slightly larger outside but the overhang is very small port and starboard resulting in minimal protection from sun or rain.

Avoid cabin 1111.  On a cruise about 5 years ago we kept getting "butt dialed" in the middle of the night.  We ended up unplugging our phone every night before going to bed.  This year in June we were once again on the Summit, and a couple got on the elevator and were complaining that they kept getting phone calls in the middle of the night.  We asked them, "Are you by any chance in room 1111?" and they said, "Yes! How did your know?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SueMo said:

Avoid cabin 1111.  On a cruise about 5 years ago we kept getting "butt dialed" in the middle of the night.  We ended up unplugging our phone every night before going to bed.  This year in June we were once again on the Summit, and a couple got on the elevator and were complaining that they kept getting phone calls in the middle of the night.  We asked them, "Are you by any chance in room 1111?" and they said, "Yes! How did your know?"

That's strange. Who was calling?   Did you report it to guest services? 

I would think 1136 would be right next to the door to the stairway leading down to the Sunset Bar below.  I remember the wind/vacuum suction caused it to slam shut.

we were in 1132, which is 2 nd to last before door. on the balcony you could hear the movie. very convenient location. go out the door and down the steps to Sunset Bar. other end of hall that exit takes you outside and across the deck to mid ship.   Balcony not huge.  actually, we liked the location

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

That's strange. Who was calling?   Did you report it to guest services? 

I would think 1136 would be right next to the door to the stairway leading down to the Sunset Bar below.  I remember the wind/vacuum suction caused it to slam shut.

The maitre'd in Blu had his phone in his back pocket, and he would lean against something and it hit the 1 multiple times.  It happened more than once.  We didn't report it--we just unplugged the phone before retiring at night.

2 hours ago, daddcap said:

Stayed in both 1106 and 1110, bed is by the balcony. Not much noise on the balcony, could faintly hear loud scenes in a movie when playing. Love the location of these cabins.

Thanks. We really like the bed by the bath, so this helps. The cabins don’t seem to be every other one bed/bath.  1136 is bed by bath and cabin 1120 is bed by bath. These are from videos on You Tube. So would be 1106 bed by bath if it was every other cabin from 1136 forward and 1120 would have bed by balcony, but it isn’t. I guess the every other cabin does not apply here. 

4 hours ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Thanks. We really like the bed by the bath, so this helps. The cabins don’t seem to be every other one bed/bath.  1136 is bed by bath and cabin 1120 is bed by bath. These are from videos on You Tube. So would be 1106 bed by bath if it was every other cabin from 1136 forward and 1120 would have bed by balcony, but it isn’t. I guess the every other cabin does not apply here. 

That's mostly on the S-Class ships.  All of the M-Class seem to have bed by the bath, although someone could point out an exception.

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

That's mostly on the S-Class ships.  All of the M-Class seem to have bed by the bath, although someone could point out an exception.

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

Thanks. On the M class spreadsheet it says that 1106 has bed by the bath but above someone had stayed in 1106 and said bed was by balcony. Haha. I guess we will fin out😎

15 minutes ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Thanks. On the M class spreadsheet it says that 1106 has bed by the bath but above someone had stayed in 1106 and said bed was by balcony. Haha. I guess we will fin out😎

I distinctly remember 1109 having a bed.... but where....? 🤣