Should I call EZ Air?

dickinson

Many, many months ago I had two cruises booked but a couple of weeks apart.  Wasn't sure which one I would take.  I cancelled the later one and am taking the earlier one.  The problem is EZ Air.  Even though I cancelled the cruise and never did final payment I received an email from Delta a few months ago about flight changes.  I ignored it.  Fast forward to today and I received another email about a new change.  It is about 6 weeks til that flight.  On Delta's site it says I am confirmed and said that even before I cancelled that cruise.  I'm thinking maybe EZ Air had paid for the flights even though it was before final payment?  Should I do anything and if so should I contact EZ Air or Delta?  DH is afraid if I contact EZ Air they will see my flight that is coming up in a few weeks for the cruise we are taking (not on Delta) and screw with that!  

What would you do?

Did you already receive your money for the final payment on the cancelled flight? 

Do you have time to deal with this after your next cruise?  

If yes to both, I’d leave it alone, have a good trip, and deal with it when you get back. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Did you already receive your money for the final payment on the cancelled flight? 

Do you have time to deal with this after your next cruise?  

If yes to both, I’d leave it alone, have a good trip, and deal with it when you get back. 

Cancelled the cruise and flight BEFORE final payment so never paid anything. You might be remembering my issue where I changed my flights after final payment but before 45 days and was looking for my credit.

Edited by dickinson

53 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Many, many months ago I had two cruises booked but a couple of weeks apart.  Wasn't sure which one I would take.  I cancelled the later one and am taking the earlier one.  The problem is EZ Air.  Even though I cancelled the cruise and never did final payment I received an email from Delta a few months ago about flight changes.  I ignored it.  Fast forward to today and I received another email about a new change.  It is about 6 weeks til that flight.  On Delta's site it says I am confirmed and said that even before I cancelled that cruise.  I'm thinking maybe EZ Air had paid for the flights even though it was before final payment?  Should I do anything and if so should I contact EZ Air or Delta?  DH is afraid if I contact EZ Air they will see my flight that is coming up in a few weeks for the cruise we are taking (not on Delta) and screw with that!  

What would you do?

You should be able to call EZAir and work on the specific booking.  They should have separate EZAir booking numbers.  If you cancelled the cruise, that should have cancelled the ezair booking associated with that booking.

I would call EZAIR and refer to that air booking and make sure it is cancelled.  It may not have been cancelled.

Don’t believe DL can touch it, due to EZAir booked it.

Try a couple of  things.  Go to DL App, try to cancel it.  It will either refer you to the booking agent OR it will say

“We're sorry, we were temporarily unable to process your request

We were unable to begin your cancellation process and your trip is still active. Please try again by selecting 'Retry' below.”

However, this was the booking that was cancelled months ago and still shows on the website.  I called DL and they said, it still shows there, but it was canceled.  This is a glitch in their software.

But, if it was REALLY canceled, you will not be able to access the seat chart.

If it refers you to your travel agent, then you need to call EZAir.

So, you could do those checks first, to see if you need to even call EZAir.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

@PacnGoNow I called Delta and they see it in their system but it is not ticketed.  I'm going to leave it alone because Princess doesn't even show the booking in my personalizer.  

Sounds good. Sounds like the cancellation by EZAir never made it into the DL system.

As long as your other booking is on another airline, I wouldn’t bother now to do any more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sounds good. Sounds like the cancellation by EZAir never made it into the DL system.

As long as your other booking is on another airline, I wouldn’t bother now to do any more.

Yes, other booking, two weeks earlier, is on another airline.  AT 46 days out I asked for early ticketing to make sure it was done (after reading about someone's woes here on cc).

Edited by dickinson
  • Like 1

When I've cancelled EZAir and a cruise before final payment, I continue to get text alerts about my "upcoming" flight, gate, etc. that I never paid for.  I just ignore them even though it's annoying.  This has happened several times.

Edited by shirazcruiser

10 hours ago, TxChick51 said:

A little different, but had to call Ez Air to get refund on difference between two booked flights.  Made the change in June & they were just sitting on my refund until I called. 

Happened to me with the cruise and flight I AM taking except when I called EZ Air they said I had to call Customer Service who said wait 10 business days for it to post.  I called 2x.  Had to get my TA involved for it to be resolved!

10 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

When I've cancelled EZAir and a cruise before final payment, I continue to get text alerts about my "upcoming" flight, gate, etc. that I never paid for.  I just ignore them even though it's annoying.  This has happened several times.

Good to know although it shouldn't happen.

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well...just keep in mind that if this Delta situation is not resolved it *might* keep someone else from getting the booking that they need.  (I admit...I'm being just a tad bit selfish here...I only fly Delta!)

I thought of that too.  We are in business class and I think that particular flight is actually first class (so not many seats).