What's in elite mini bar set up?

4 minutes ago, Scotmay said:

Is the elite bar set up free!

Yes for those with Elite loyalty status. One per cabin generally.

Full suites also receive the mini bar and an Elite in a full suite receives 2 set ups.

Posted (edited)

New one for me on the Discovery TSE cruise….

I’m Elite and was in a suite. I got a phone call shortly after getting to my cabin. It was room service enquiring about my request to swap out items in the mini bar. I explained that I had made no such request, but as they were on the phone, I may as well give them my order.

I said for mini bar #1 make all the alcohol vodka and for mini bar #2 make the alcohol all Stella Artois. A few hours later, a steward shows up with 20 vodkas for the 1st mini bar and 20 Stella’s for the 2nd mini bar! I think something got lost in translation. 🥳

I explained that I had only requested the alcohol swaps and had expected the water/soda to be delivered as normal. I had the Premium package, so I was never going to get through all the alcohol in a normal mini bar set up. Thankfully, they fixed things next morning. The mini bar vodka is nowhere near good enough to drink neat!

Edited by polmcs

So I don't drink, and my wife just does Wine...would they just swap all the liquor out for a bottle of wine or some small cans of wine? All I need is a few sprites and diet Cokes, otherwise

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

So I don't drink, and my wife just does Wine...would they just swap all the liquor out for a bottle of wine or some small cans of wine? All I need is a few sprites and diet Cokes, otherwise

Mini bar usually contains 8 x 50ml spirits, 2 bottles beer, plus 10 non alcoholic beverages which are normally 2 diet cokes, 2 regular cokes, 2 Perrier, 2 plain water, 2 tonic waters. You can trade any alcoholic beverage 1 for 1, for another alcoholic beverage or any non alcoholic beverage. You can trade non alcoholic beverages for different non alcoholic beverages, example get all diet cokes. If you want wine you can trade the entire mini bar, all 20 items, alcoholic & non alcoholic for one bottle of wine. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skynight said:

If you want wine you can trade the entire mini bar, all 20 items, alcoholic & non alcoholic for one bottle of wine. 

I've always thought this is strange, the whole minibar for just 1 bottle of wine?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warthog2608 said:

I've always thought this is strange, the whole minibar for just 1 bottle of wine?  

Not strange. Princess' mini bar cost, not menu price is maybe $25 & that's stretching it. One bottle of wine is probably a $20 bottle. 

1 minute ago, skynight said:

Not strange. Princess' mini bar cost, not menu price is maybe $25 & that's stretching it. One bottle of wine is probably a $20 bottle. 

maybe someone can find and post the cost of replacing the items in the mini-bar ... 

On 5/1/2024 at 6:48 PM, polmcs said:

New one for me on the Discovery TSE cruise….

I’m Elite and was in a suite. I got a phone call shortly after getting to my cabin. It was room service enquiring about my request to swap out items in the mini bar. I explained that I had made no such request, but as they were on the phone, I may as well give them my order.

I said for mini bar #1 make all the alcohol vodka and for mini bar #2 make the alcohol all Stella Artois. A few hours later, a steward shows up with 20 vodkas for the 1st mini bar and 20 Stella’s for the 2nd mini bar! I think something got lost in translation. 🥳

I explained that I had only requested the alcohol swaps and had expected the water/soda to be delivered as normal. I had the Premium package, so I was never going to get through all the alcohol in a normal mini bar set up. Thankfully, they fixed things next morning. The mini bar vodka is nowhere near good enough to drink neat!

You do have to mix that vodka with something like tonic to make it palatable. We always ask to swap out one mini bar at a time to avoid confusion 

On 8/4/2023 at 5:52 PM, Jersey42 said:

I did get rum once. It was since the restart. And yes it was white - Bacardi Superior. 

I have never received Smirnoff vodka. It is usually Skyy, but I have received Absolut on occasion.

I have always received gin. It is usually Beefeater. 

I have never received rum in my Elite mini bar set-up but I would love it if I could. TEN rums please! 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

maybe someone can find and post the cost of replacing the items in the mini-bar ... 

I have seen the 50ml Sky vodka at retail for under $2. Wholesale and tax free maybe $1.50 or less. Fairly certain Princess' alcohol purchases would be tax free. I would expect the real cost for 8 bottles is maybe $12 or less. Dos Equis cost me about $1/bottle retail. You can figure all the soda and water probably under $10. On the high side the total cost of a mini bar set up is $24, and probably less than that.  I don't know the current federal alcohol tax on distilled spirits. They used to be $27/proof gallon. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

I have seen the 50ml Sky vodka at retail for under $2. Wholesale and tax free maybe $1.50 or less. Fairly certain Princess' alcohol purchases would be tax free. I would expect the real cost for 8 bottles is maybe $12 or less. Dos Equis cost me about $1/bottle retail. You can figure all the soda and water probably under $10. On the high side the total cost of a mini bar set up is $24, and probably less than that.  I don't know the current federal alcohol tax on distilled spirits. They used to be $27/proof gallon. 

thanks - I was looking for the Princess refill cost on board to compare to the Princess bottle of wine swap out.