Confused if we are Star or Sky Class

We have booked a Sky Loft Suite on Quantum, suite 10322. I was looking at a youtube video of this exact suite and they had a genie. I thought a Sky Loft Suite was Sky class and only Star class gets a genie. That's why I am confused. 

11 minutes ago, maxxboy said:

We have booked a Sky Loft Suite on Quantum, suite 10322. I was looking at a youtube video of this exact suite and they had a genie. I thought a Sky Loft Suite was Sky class and only Star class gets a genie. That's why I am confused. 

Sky class

image.thumb.png.7699b351542ff8c0cc63463d32922783.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, maxxboy said:

Well, the guy in the video says "it's a perk of this lovely room". So that's why I'm confused.

How old is the video.  I remember that they did some recategorizing of rooms on Q class and I think this was one of the rooms involved

• Like 4

The room in the video (10322) on Quantum is a Sky class room.  This is likely a one off situation, that the gentleman that posted the video did not mention.  It looks like he is giving a tour of the room and not really discussing Star class.

Likely this was a "perk" that was extended to the guest in compensation for some changes.  There are reports, that a travel agent I know verified, of Star class room bookings that got messed up and those guest were booked into Sky class rooms but still got the genie service.  Likely they received all of the perks of star class and maybe some other compensation.  

We had a similar situation on a Star class booking out of Sydney that got switched to Queensland (but ended up being cancelled due to COVID), so although rare, it has happened in the past.  Moral of the story (this post) don't expect a genie in that room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How old is the video.  I remember that they did some recategorizing of rooms on Q class and I think this was one of the rooms involved

That's what I was thinking.  Also, it is sailing out of Australia.  Not sure if sailing out of Australia makes a difference.  The title of the Video does say it's a Sky Loft Suite, though. But, the video actually never shows the Genie in it BUT, next to the snacks and water bottles it looks like a greeting card of sorts from the Genie:

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxxboy said:

5 months ago.

Posted 5 months ago doesn’t necessarily mean the cruises happened 5 months ago. I guess you could ask on their YouTube video how long the actual sailing happened.  

I tend to think this was a one off situation, due to a booking issue. I remember reading about a one off situation where a guest was issued Star Class perks to their Sky Class cabin because of this type of situation.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

It looks like he did-there is one comment from 2 hours ago and it's regarding this topic...lol. 

Since I don't have a youtube account someone posted that on my behalf.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies. Fortunately we did not book the suite expecting a Royal Genie. In fact it was the only suite left. It was when I saw that video it confused me so I thought I would ask here.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 3:26 PM, Ret MP said:

That's what I was thinking.  Also, it is sailing out of Australia.  Not sure if sailing out of Australia makes a difference.  The title of the Video does say it's a Sky Loft Suite, though. But, the video actually never shows the Genie in it BUT, next to the snacks and water bottles it looks like a greeting card of sorts from the Genie:

image.png

where is the beer. When my son had a Star class cabin on Harmony, the beer they requested was on the counter , right beside the coke and water

24 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

where is the beer. When my son had a Star class cabin on Harmony, the beer they requested was on the counter , right beside the coke and water

Here beer it is to the left when we had it 

We used the water to fill the bathtub 💦 

IMG_2258.thumb.jpeg.201e6a3dd7411208080cc26ddaefba4c.jpeg

Beside the Fanta 😉

44 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I don't know.  Maybe the guy drank it already.  LOL

On 8/6/2023 at 12:14 PM, maxxboy said:

We were in that stateroom to Alaska. It is a SKY class cabin (i.e., Sky Loft) and does not come with a genie. 

While we loved the room, the soot from the engines was awful. You get two Loft Stewards (upstairs and down stairs steward) and they washed the balcony morning and night. But any time we went out there, it had a layer of soot. I think the steward would get pissed off since I took a towel from the downstairs bathroom and wiped down the rails and furniture,,, and it would be black.... if you didn't you would get black soot all over your clothes. Still,,, it was a beautiful room!

image.png.c8241f248ab318ed46b983da09ca292e.png

image.png.952d90218dfb1475d71d33fbfff1081a.png

image.png.9a337985dbe76b8c9dae66750835d68c.png

image.png.0414200d0049b46b23be88dbe8b5e423.png

image.png.77c33643ce16da9e7420b4bf838ed4be.png

image.png.b37e6178b0f717d7cbf3545df7aac663.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

While we loved the room, the soot from the engines was awful.

We had an actual STAR Loft Suite on the Ovation.  And, I'm here to tell you that the soot was a major issue.  I can't remember the suite # right now, but it was one that had 3 balconies, two rear-facing and one upstairs facing out the side, if I remember correctly, it had a hanging straw chair.  It was the one big rear-facing one (the otherwise best one) that was the problem.  One thing I don't understand - Why would the Steward care how dirty a towel is?  It's not his/her problem, they don't pay for them, they don't have to wash them.  NOTE:  That's not meant to be derogatory towards you at all and I don't expect an answer.  I'm sure it happened.  Just don't understand, why.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mike123abc said:

I was in a Sky loft last fall on Quantum, it did not come with a Genie.  When the ship first launched it did have Genie service (if you read the press release).  They later changed it not to have a Genie.

Thank you, was what I remember