Mini-suites don't have to pay room service charge???

mvaldes140

@Steelers36  you missed the aka Sheldon Cooper post script.  I apologize for putting you on the defense.  

At this point, I will "check back" just before my next cruise.  For sure, there will be many alterations to these policies.  In a month, I expect a 2.6.18 revision.  (aka Sheldon Cooper)

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Steelers36  you missed the aka Sheldon Cooper post script.  I apologize for putting you on the defense.  

At this point, I will "check back" just before my next cruise.  For sure, there will be many alterations to these policies.  In a month, I expect a 2.6.18 revision.  (aka Sheldon Cooper)

I do know who Sheldon Cooper is, but never really watched BBT, so the joke is going over my head.  I guess the joke was on me as I was not certain if you were serious or not.  I should have realized better.  It's all good and sorry I didn't "get it".  Maybe someday when I am an old man in a rocking chair, I will watch that show as it will no doubt be playing on one of the nostalgia cable channels.

I am with you in that we have not seen the final version of the rules & regs and I too am thinking there will be some adjustments.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I disagree (on your spreading rumors point).  Someone (@mellon1) was wondering and speculating in their post that Princess may be charging $5 for the free Elite tea service (an Elite benefit).  I simply stated we don't know about that yet (AFAIK there has been no FAQ, or official word, nor a report from the only ship live with the new changes thus far).  My thinking is there would not be a charge, but I do think it is true that we don't know for certain at this point.  I am trying to avoid such a rumor growing. 

I happened on a FB thread and - if I can base a comment on that - it seems like more jumping to conclusions and such going on there than here.

No worries on my end.  I appreciated your comment and thoughts.  You read a lot more than I do on this post and are more well versed on topics.  You responded to a question best you could at the time, that's all anyone can do.  One thing I do know, things are constantly changing and it is very difficult to keep up with what really IS happening or going to.  Thanks again for replying to my post.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 6:59 PM, gvre said:

I have 2 future suite cruises booked. I will be using room service to order the meals in the MDR which is a suite perk.

I am not planning to have to pay for that service.

You will, unless you have the Plus or Premiere bundle package. Be careful where you aim when the stuff hits the fan. Remember it isn't the fault of the ship's crew and please don't take it out on them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

It has nothing to do with Plus or Premier packages. 

Neither did the Medallion, Alfredo’s, boarding or room service, and yet it’s now been included. I have no idea about the tea service, just saying that it doesn’t appear to matter what was once, can be no longer.

2 minutes ago, villauk said:

Neither did the Medallion, Alfredo’s, boarding or room service, and yet it’s now been included. I have no idea about the tea service, just saying that it doesn’t appear to matter what was once, can be no longer.

You forgot to list the first half of my quote which stated "My guess is yes, it will continue to be free, as it's an elite benefit."  None of the above items you mentioned are elite benefits.

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

You forgot to list the first half of my quote which stated "My guess is yes, it will continue to be free, as it's an elite benefit."  None of the above items you mentioned are elite benefits.

Because I was quoting the point about none of the other items being involved with the packages, yet suddenly they are. 

1 minute ago, villauk said:

Because I was quoting the point about none of the other items being involved with the packages, yet suddenly they are. 

Afternoon tea delivery to stateroom is an elite benefit. It was not mentioned anywhere in booking Plus or Premier because it's only available for elite passengers. 

Just now, startedwithamouse said:

Afternoon tea delivery to stateroom is an elite benefit. It was not mentioned anywhere in booking Plus or Premier because it's only available for elite passengers. 

I know and that’s why I only quoted your line about things not being in packages - it appears to make no difference as other items are now included in packages that never were previously.

6 minutes ago, villauk said:

I know and that’s why I only quoted your line about things not being in packages - it appears to make no difference as other items are now included in packages that never were previously.

Afternoon tea is still not part of a package. It's a stand alone elite benefit.

53 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

My guess is yes, it will continue to be free, as it's an elite benefit. It has nothing to do with Plus or Premier packages. 

Agreed.  Somehow I am out of context or typed poorly on another post, but the concern raised by other(s) was if ordering the free tea service will incur a $5 RS fee.

• Like 1

Does anyone else see this as a logistical/accounting nightmare?  Will there be a program that automatically omits the $5 charge for Elite and/or Suite perks?  Or will everyone have to ask Customer Service to remove each service charge?  

I know they used to do that with Elite/Suite laundry.  On my last cruise, it just didn't get entered (manually and/or automatically).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Does anyone else see this as a logistical/accounting nightmare?  Will there be a program that automatically omits the $5 charge for Elite and/or Suite perks?  Or will everyone have to ask Customer Service to remove each service charge?  

I know they used to do that with Elite/Suite laundry.  On my last cruise, it just didn't get entered (manually and/or automatically).

This always seems to vary by ship - some ships are charged for laundry, then a credit offsets it. Some it never appears on the stateroom folio (like CB last week).

• Like 1

We cruise in October in what was called a 'Club Class mini Suite' when we booked it.  Then it became a 'reserve collection' mini.  Now God knows what it is, if anything.  Probably been downgraded to steerage. Actually I didn't really care much about the so-called perks, I just wanted a mini in the position I chose.  

So it's probably FOMO, but will there still actually be any perks other than priority boarding for 'reserve collection'?  Just wondering....

We don't drink alcohol and are on a port intensive Japan 18 day cruise during which I will have internet on my phone (e-SIM) so zero chance they are getting anything more money out of me.  

2 hours ago, lahore said:

We cruise in October in what was called a 'Club Class mini Suite' when we booked it.  Then it became a 'reserve collection' mini.  Now God knows what it is, if anything.  Probably been downgraded to steerage. Actually I didn't really care much about the so-called perks, I just wanted a mini in the position I chose.  

So it's probably FOMO, but will there still actually be any perks other than priority boarding for 'reserve collection'?  Just wondering....

We don't drink alcohol and are on a port intensive Japan 18 day cruise during which I will have internet on my phone (e-SIM) so zero chance they are getting anything more money out of me.  

If you are reserve class you will get some wine at embarkation and of course reserve class dining with no wait and extra entrees 

19 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

This always seems to vary by ship - some ships are charged for laundry, then a credit offsets it. Some it never appears on the stateroom folio (like CB last week).

I think they actually like to post those dollar values. It lets the elites know what a great value they're getting.

• Haha 2

On 8/11/2023 at 12:05 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

And, as we all aware, any experience on a specific ship will not mean the same experience on another ship.

To me, that is one of Princess’s problems.  If only they could give every passenger on every ship the same level of service and policy!  But, they seem content to be consistently inconsistent!

• Thanks 1