It's not just Celebrity charging for extras at dinner

emmas gran

3 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It has been confirmed on Seascape as well as Seaside, but also confirmed it is not in YC.

Waiting with interest to see if this is fleet-wide, or just the US based cruises...

Interestingly, I ventured over to one of the MDRs to peek at a menu but none was posted. Not that I don’t believe it…

8 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It has been confirmed on Seascape as well as Seaside, but also confirmed it is not in YC.

Waiting with interest to see if this is fleet-wide, or just the US based cruises...

Confirmed by who?? No one except  the first post  has confirmed  the surcharged..

Edited by ganigani

17 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I’m guessing you mid-interpreted +1 extra entrée comment.  That referred to one additional choice.  You can have as many mains, starters or deserts as you can eat at no additional charge in the MDR, Club Orange or the buffet.

It's not real clear to me what you are saying, but HAL's Club Orange dinner menu only includes one choice of entree that is not also being offered in the MDR -- whether you are in a ship with the separate dining room or not. (That's to say there is only one CO menu and it only differs by one entree...)

Now if you're saying that you are free to order more than one entree, so far HAL is cool with that in the MDR and CO. And even in some specialty restaurants, pending their new price increase.

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Interestingly, I ventured over to one of the MDRs to peek at a menu but none was posted. Not that I don’t believe it…

In fact, the post on MSC forum has been deleted.it. has disappeared 

Edited by ganigani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

It's not real clear to me what you are saying, but HAL's Club Orange dinner menu only includes one choice of entree that is not also being offered in the MDR -- whether you are in a ship with the separate dining room or not. (That's to say there is only one CO menu and it only differs by one entree...)

I’m telling you that is not currently true on the Rotterdam and maybe other Pinnacle class ships.  That’s why I posted the menu from yesterday 

14 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I’m telling you that is not currently true on the Rotterdam and maybe other Pinnacle class ships.  That’s why I posted the menu from yesterday 

The Navigator app is notoriously incorrect.

The additional entrees on the right hand side are just the "always available" items. They are also available in the MDR, they are just not showing on your screenshot.

There should also be one additional entree for CO that is not showing up.

As I said....unreliable. 

Trust me, if it was as you are suggesting it would be all over the HAL boards. Plenty of frequent posters are onboard Pinnacle ships at the moment.

12 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

morpheus confirmed in on Seascape by asking at the MDR.

I suspect the original thread on the MSC group got removed due to the reference to the source of the information, same may happen here if the admins notice...

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

What is improper about it?

There is sensitivity on these groups about promoting other sites with similar cruise information so it is better not to name the source when it is considered to be a competitor. Similarly directly copying content from such sites can be a problem as well.

Hopefully this thread will survive as it is only a mention not copy of content from that place...

I’ve been cruising since the late 80s. I know things have changed over the years, but I hate being nickel and dimed that is currently present. We have been sailing onViking Ocean for the past 3 years have have found no cutbacks or extra charges. Yes you pay a bit more, but add up the upgrades and it’s about the same cost. Being Elite plus on X which we are returning next month, always have anAqua class cabin.  Looking at the online menu there doesn’t look to have any up charge for Filet or a lobster, we’ll see.  Our Next cruise we are returning to Azamara..hoping they have not changed since our last cruise many years ago. Yes we’re SENIORS, and like a wonderful crew and food and itinerary. Just my opinion