First time cruiser daytime dress code

4 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

I wear leggings every day! Usually bright colors with patterns. Coming up on cruise number 9.

That is good news Alaska bound. Nothing is more comfortable!

In the evening the dress code says no jeans. Would that include white jeans worn with a smart blouse?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisevirgin24 said:

In the evening the dress code says no jeans. Would that include white jeans worn with a smart blouse?

It says no jeans of any kind. 

"Casual wear consists of resort-style outfits; some examples are jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime both on board or ashore. Casual wear is not appropriate after 6:00 PM."

You might feel underdressed. People do dress up for dinner.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cruisevirgin24 said:

Why not just buy a pair of white slacks…really simple. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RELS said:

You might feel underdressed. People do dress up for dinner.

That has been very helpful. I wasn't hoping to wear white jeans (I have plenty of other options!), just trying to gauge how casual "elegant casual" is. I was imagining cocktail dresses for women and jacket and tie for men. My parents are frequent cruisers with Regent and have warned me not to overdress. In their opinion  the evening attire has gradually become far more casual over the past 20 years.

• Like 1

I was imagining cocktail dresses for women and jacket and tie for men

Most nights there is a visible contingent of people dressed up this much. Men often wear jackets but forgo ties. Women who are not wearing dresses will wear dress pants and floaty tops accessorized with very nice jewelry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisevirgin24 said:

Thank you. I think my parents are comparing it to a time when a man wasn't properly dressed without a tie!

Probably 5% of cruisers think that's true. And 95% feel times have changed, and that a man can be smartly dressed without a tie. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Probably 5% of cruisers think that's true. And 95% feel times have changed, and that a man can be smartly dressed without a tie. 🤣

My husband does not wear tie.  Most nights typical long sleeve shirt and slacks.  I wear pants/slacks and a blouse or sweater.  It’s so easy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will be on the same cruise as you Cruisevirgin24. We are also looking forward to sailing in the Caribbean In January. This will be our fourth Regent cruise and by far our favorite cruise line, spoiled us you might say.

Wendy thanks for the positive review on the Biltmore, we will be there pre-cruise as well.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cruisevirgin24 said:

That has been very helpful. I wasn't hoping to wear white jeans (I have plenty of other options!), just trying to gauge how casual "elegant casual" is. I was imagining cocktail dresses for women and jacket and tie for men. My parents are frequent cruisers with Regent and have warned me not to overdress. In their opinion  the evening attire has gradually become far more casual over the past 20 years.

We went on our first Regent cruise in May and were very surprised how casual and relaxed the majority of people dressed.  I took a jacket (no tie) and wore it a couple of times (16 night Navigator) but in all honesty I could have left it at home.  

In summary, always listen to your parents!

Have a great cruise.

Regards

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, royallondon said:

We went on our first Regent cruise in May and were very surprised how casual and relaxed the majority of people dressed.  I took a jacket (no tie) and wore it a couple of times (16 night Navigator) but in all honesty I could have left it at home.  

In summary, always listen to your parents!

Have a great cruise.

Regards

Parents are always right! Since they are responsible for persuading us to try a Regent cruise I should have listened! Thank you.

I wear black pants with a nice top like I would wear to a upscale restaurant. My husband took a blazer intending to wear in in the specialty restaurants, but wore it often because the restaurants were chilly. I always took a wrap. I saw very few men in ties. 

• Thanks 1