2025 cruises

buchhalm

Hi there.

I am beginning to look into a Cunard cruise for summer 2025 to pre-celebrate my 60th.

I can't seem to find anything past March 2025, if at all.

When would the majority of itineraries be published? 

Considering Europe or a Transatlantic. 

Concerning the latter, I seem to remember it mentioned somewhere that WINTER crossings November to Feb/March are "calmer". Could this be true?

Traditionally the summer/autumn itineraries have been announced during early to mid September. The Covid shutdown caused significant delays to those announcement dates the past few years. Here are the announcemant dates the past several years.

Summer/Autumn voyage schedule announcement dates
2024: Announced Nov 29, 2022
2023: Announced Jan 18, 2022
2022: Announced Nov 5, 2020
2021: Announced Sep 17, 2019
2020: Announced Sep 13, 2018
2019: Announced Sep 5, 2017
2018: Announced Sep 6, 2016

One hopeful sign that Cunard might be getting back to their typical announcement schedule is that the 2025 World/Exotic itineraries were announced in early March this year. That's the timeframe for when those itineraries were typically announced pre-Covid. Perhaps we can expect the remaining 2025 itineraries to be announced sometime next month.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, buchhalm said:

Concerning the latter, I seem to remember it mentioned somewhere that WINTER crossings November to Feb/March are "calmer". Could this be true?

Weather is unpredictable. We have taken many crossings at most times of the year and some have had glassy seas, others a mix of calm and stormy but all very nice in the end. Regardless, QM2 can manage weather better than any other passenger ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WorkforBeerGuy said:

In general, is there any time gap between Cunard releasing new cruise itineraries and when they are available for booking?

Yes, since 2018 there has been a gap of anywhere from 6 to 17 days between the date the schedules were announced and the date they were available to book. The first date they are available to book is usually reserved for past passengers (Cunard World Club members). The following day they are available for all customers to book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

2025 summer cruises already available in a big TA website.

Be careful with that.

There is a big US site, using various names, that has had summer 2025 itineraries for a while.

Close analysis shows they resemble those from several years ago and some of them from earlier this year are nothing like what actually operated.

Seems a very odd marketing ploy to me.

44 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

2025 summer cruises already available in a big TA website.

Excellent! Go ahead and post what you've found.

I appreciate the hints you provided last year about how you find them. That's actually a strategy I've been trying unsuccessfully since 2023 without success until very close to the official announcement date. How I wish we could discuss specific travel agents at a time like this. Any further hints you can provide without breaking board rules would be appreciated.

The only way I've managed to find the schedules ahead of time in the past is when a site posts the schedules in the clear so to speak and I happen to stumble upon them before they figure out they are suppose to keep them hidden until the official announcement date. So far I've come up empty this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There is a site showing a TA Westbound June 2nd 2025 to June 8th 2025 M821 then Eastbound June 8th 2025 to June 14th 2025 M822.

However it also shows an Eastbound April 28th 2025 to May 4th 2025 M815. But Cunard's own site shows a Westbound April 27th to May 4th 2025 M509, therefore not possible for the 3rd party site's M815 to operate.

M8xx would suggest they have copied itineraries from 2018 or 2008.

I'd suggest it's a ploy to get customers to pre-register with them.

The site I'm referring to, does not show any trips to the Med in April 2025. There are even a couple of cruises where they have failed to change 2008 to 2025!

Edited by D&N
plural

31 minutes ago, D&N said:

Be careful with that.

There is a big US site, using various names, that has had summer 2025 itineraries for a while.

Close analysis shows they resemble those from several years ago and some of them from earlier this year are nothing like what actually operated.

Seems a very odd marketing ploy to me.

I know the sites of which you speak. Yes, those sites are completely unreliable. For whatever reason they post links to future itineraries which are utter nonsense rehashing itineraries from prior years. There's one of those I'm looking at now that's listing Cunard itineraries for 2027.

When @SummmerInKefalonia or I have posted previews of future itineraries prior to their official announcement by Cunard in previous years, we've done due diligence to make sure what we post is as reliable as possible. I have no reason to believe what @SummmerInKefalonia has found this year is any different.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bluemarble said:

I know the sites of which you speak. Yes, those sites are completely unreliable. For whatever reason they post links to future itineraries which are utter nonsense. There's one of those I'm looking at now that's listing Cunard itineraries for 2027.

When @SummmerInKefalonia or I have posted previews of future itineraries prior to their official announcement by Cunard in previous years, we've done due diligence to make sure what we post is as reliable as possible. I have no reason to believe what @SummmerInKefalonia has found this year is any different.

In that case; the sooner we get Southampton->New York->Southampton itineraries from late May to mid June 2025 the better. Doesn't matter if they call at Le Havre or other ports in the process.

We can then start to plan the import of relatives for cat sitting duties!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

I know the sites of which you speak. Yes, those sites are completely unreliable. For whatever reason they post links to future itineraries which are utter nonsense rehashing itineraries from prior years. There's one of those I'm looking at now that's listing Cunard itineraries for 2027.

They are accurate, since they match the port registries.

• Like 2

Queen Victoria

Apr 21-May 4 (13 Nights): Southampton, 3 Days At Sea, Funchal, Tenerife, La Palma, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, At Sea, Cadiz, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

May 4-May 12 (8 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Cadiz, Malaga, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, At Sea, Civitavecchia.

May 12-May 26 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, 2 Days At Sea, Rhodes, Kusadasi, At Sea, Istanbul (Overnight), At Sea, Santorini, Piraeus, At Sea, Katakolon, At Sea, Civitavecchia.

May 26-Jun 9 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, At Sea, Trieste, Zadar, Split, At Sea, Valletta, At Sea, Sorrento, Civitavecchia.

Jun 9-Jun 23 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, Livorno, At Sea, Ajaccio, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Barcelona, At Sea, Toulon, Alghero, At Sea, Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia.

Jun 23-Jul 7 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, At Sea, Trieste, Zadar, Split, At Sea, Valletta, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona.

Jul 7-Jul 21 (14 Nights): Barcelona, Valencia, At Sea, Ajaccio, Villefrance, At Sea, Livorno, Civitavecchia, At Sea, Toulon, Alghero, At Sea, Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia

Jul 21-Aug 4 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, At Sea, Trieste, Zadar, Split, At Sea, Valletta, At Sea, Sorrento, Civitavecchia.

Aug 4-Aug 18 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Marseille, Alghero, At Sea, Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia, Livorno, At Sea, Villefrance, Ajaccio, At Sea, Valencia, Barcelona.

Aug 18-Sep 1 (14 Nights): Barcelona, At Sea, Valleta, At Sea, Bari, Split, Zadar, Trieste, At Sea, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, Cephalonia, At Sea, Civitavecchia.

Sep 1-Sep 15 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, Livorno, At Sea, Toulon, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Barcelona, At Sea, Alghero, Ajaccio, At Sea, Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia.

Sep 15-Sep 29 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, At Sea, Trieste, Zadar, Split, At Sea, Valletta, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona.

Sep 29-Oct 13 (14 Nights): Barcelona, 2 Days At Sea, Heraklion, Kusadasi, At Sea, Istanbul (Overnight), At Sea, Mykonos, Piraeus, Katakolon, 2 Days At Sea, Barcelona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We are taking the March 16th 2025 13 Day Caribbean Sailing (2) 3 days at Sea at the beginning and end with visiting 6 islands like we use to do on the QE2 and the earlier years of the QM2 from NYC.

Will bring back those sailings we always looked forward to in the Spring time of the year.

Haven't been to those islands in a long, long time.

8 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Queen Victoria

Apr 21-May 4 (13 Nights): Southampton, 3 Days At Sea, Funchal, Tenerife, La Palma, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, At Sea, Cadiz, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

May 4-May 12 (8 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Cadiz, Malaga, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, At Sea, Civitavecchia.

May 12-May 26 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, 2 Days At Sea, Rhodes, Kusadasi, At Sea, Istanbul (Overnight), At Sea, Santorini, Piraeus, At Sea, Katakolon, At Sea, Civitavecchia.

May 26-Jun 9 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, At Sea, Trieste, Zadar, Split, At Sea, Valletta, At Sea, Sorrento, Civitavecchia.

Jun 9-Jun 23 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, Livorno, At Sea, Ajaccio, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Barcelona, At Sea, Toulon, Alghero, At Sea, Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia.

Jun 23-Jul 7 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, At Sea, Trieste, Zadar, Split, At Sea, Valletta, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona.

Jul 7-Jul 21 (14 Nights): Barcelona, Valencia, At Sea, Ajaccio, Villefrance, At Sea, Livorno, Civitavecchia, At Sea, Toulon, Alghero, At Sea, Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia

Jul 21-Aug 4 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, At Sea, Trieste, Zadar, Split, At Sea, Valletta, At Sea, Sorrento, Civitavecchia.

Aug 4-Aug 18 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Marseille, Alghero, At Sea, Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia, Livorno, At Sea, Villefrance, Ajaccio, At Sea, Valencia, Barcelona.

Aug 18-Sep 1 (14 Nights): Barcelona, At Sea, Valleta, At Sea, Bari, Split, Zadar, Trieste, At Sea, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, Cephalonia, At Sea, Civitavecchia.

Sep 1-Sep 15 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, Livorno, At Sea, Toulon, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Barcelona, At Sea, Alghero, Ajaccio, At Sea, Messina, Naples, Civitavecchia.

Sep 15-Sep 29 (14 Nights): Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, At Sea, Trieste, Zadar, Split, At Sea, Valletta, At Sea, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona.

Sep 29-Oct 13 (14 Nights): Barcelona, 2 Days At Sea, Heraklion, Kusadasi, At Sea, Istanbul (Overnight), At Sea, Mykonos, Piraeus, Katakolon, 2 Days At Sea, Barcelona.

does this indicate that Queen Anne is doing Southampton cruises? 

9 minutes ago, sogne said:

does this indicate that Queen Anne is doing Southampton cruises? 

Sadly. looks like it!

I can only hope we find QA agreeable because if not, we will have to look elsewhere.  I even flirted with a cursory glance at QM2 just in case, but with duplex and non balcony cabins, she's out.

• Like 2

I guess we will be looking elsewere for our second cruise in 2025 (we are booked on QM2's long West Indies Cruise in January). We prefer QV and are not interested in "fly cruises" especially in or out of Barcelona and being hosed with their outrageous "GST" add on to all on board purchases. I am not sure if the Italians are in on this scam, though and it applies to sailings originating from there, too.

We have zero interest in QUEEN ANNE on any level.  Cunard doesn't have much confidence in her either if they resort to making her "the" Southampton ship to the exclusion of everything else.

We might take another look at Fred. Olsen at this point. 

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Like 1

Queen Anne

Apr 29-May 11 (12 Nights): Hamburg, At Sea, Copenhagen, At Sea, Visby, Tallin, Helsinki, At Sea, Aarhus, At Sea, Hamburg, At Sea, Southampton.

May 11-May 18 (7 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Stavanger, Alesund, Olden, Haugesund, At Sea, Southampton.

May 18-June 1 (14 Nights):Southampton, At Sea, Newhaven, Invergordon, At Sea, Stornoway, At Sea, Greenock, 2 Days At Sea, Liverpool, Dublin, Cobh, At Sea, Southampton.

June 1-Jun 8 (7 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, La Coruna, Gijon, Bilbao, At Sea, Cherbourg, Southampton.

Jun 8-Jun 20 (12 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Stavanger, At Sea, Bodo, Tromso, Honningsvaag, At Sea, Trondheim, Alesund, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton

Jun 20-Jul 4 (14 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Belfast, 2 Days At Sea, Reykjavik (Overnight), Isafjordur, Akureyri, At Sea, Stornoway, At Sea, Greenock, At Sea, Southampton.

Jul 4-Jul 11 (7 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Kristiansand, Oslo (Overnight), Skagen, At Sea, Southampton.

Jul 11-Jul 27 (16 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Gibraltar, At Sea, Barcelona, At Sea, Ajaccio, Alghero, At Sea, Palma De Mallorca, Ibiza, At Sea, Cadiz, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

Jul 27-Aug 3 (7 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Stavanger, Skjolden, Olden, Haugesund, At Sea, Southampton.

Aug 3-Aug 17 (14 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Cobh, 2 Days At Sea, Reykjavik (Overnight), Isafjordur, Akureyri, 2 Days At Sea, Greenock, Liverpool, At Sea, Southampton.

Aug 17-Aug 31 (14 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Cadiz, At Sea, Alicante, At Sea, Livorno, Civitavecchia, At Sea, Cartagena, Gibraltar, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

Aug 31-Sep 7 (7 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Stavanger, Alesund, Nordfjordeid, Haugesund, At Sea, Southampton.

Sep 7-Sep 26 (19 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Cadiz, 3 Days At Sea, Heraklion, Kusadasi, Piraeus, Santorini, At Sea, Messina, 2 Days At Sea, Malaga, 3 Days At Sea, Southampton.

Sep 26-Oct 8 (12 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Alesund, At Sea, Tromso (Overnight), Narvik (Overnight), At Sea, Stavanger, At Sea, Southampton.

Oct 8-Oct 12 (4 Nights): Southampton, Zeebrugge, Rotterdam, At Sea, Southampton.

Oct 12-Oct 26 (14 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Lisbon, 2 Days At Sea, Palma De Mallorca, Barcelona, Alicante, At Sea, Malaga, Cadiz, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

Oct 26-Nov 2 (7 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Vigo, Lisbon (Overnight), 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

Nov 2-Nov 16 (14 Nights): Southampton, 3 Days At Sea, Funchal (Overnight), At Sea, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, 2 Days At Sea, La Coruna, At Sea, Southampton.

Nov 16-Nov 26 (10 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Lisbon, At Sea, Malaga, Tangier, At Sea, Vigo, At Sea, Southampton.

Nov 26-Nov 30 (4 Nights): Southampton, Rotterdam (Overnight), At Sea, Southampton.

Nov 30-Dec 14 (14 Nights): Southampton, 3 Days At Sea, Funchal, At Sea, La Palma, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, At Sea, Lisbon, 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

Dec 14-Dec 21 (7 Nights): Southampton, Zeebrugge (Overnight), Rotterdam, At Sea, Hamburg, At Sea, Southampton.

Dec 21-Jan 4 (14 Nights): Southampton, 2 Days At Sea, Cadiz, At Sea, Funchal, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, At Sea, Lisbon (Overnight), 2 Days At Sea, Southampton.

Jan 4-Jan 11 (7 Nights): Southampton, At Sea, Hamburg, At Sea, Rotterdam (Overnight), Zeebrugge, Southampton.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4