Katie Knowles on Anthem of the Seas

I’m on the ship with you and totally agree about Katie. She’s been very very good. Extremely approachable and friendly and has a good sense of humour too. 
A quick, non-related, question if I may.. did you find the ship was unbearably cold until about Tuesday? We have never been so cold on a ship before in over 20 years. It was becoming unbearable in all the public areas. Not just the cold, but the force of the fans. 
it might well of been only us of course but it was incredibly cold until like I said, about Tuesday/Wednesday. 

Other than that (admittedly “first world problem”) this cruise has been absolutely fantastic. Never been on Anthem before and we have loved her. 
Am extra special shout out to Daniel Marks in the schooner bar. He has made our cruise. A brilliant, lovely guy. 

• Like 1

Katie is a superstar. We first met her on Ovation in 2018 when she was cruise director’s staff. We then bumped into her again on Explorer in 2019 when she was activities manager. She is full of energy and a genuinely nice person. I hope we get to cruise with her again soon.

Corinna

Does anybody have a picture of her?  I'm not a follower of CDs (or Captains for that matter), but on one cruise way back when, there was an assistant CD, female that was miles better than the actual CD.  She was as described above and I was impressed.  She hosted the "World's Sexiest Man" contest at the Aqua Theater, man she was funny, engaging, and a professional entertainer.   In fact, I believe she hosted far more events than I think an assistant CD usually would.  Maybe the CD was sick or something.  But, we were the beneficiaries of whatever the reason for the CD's absence.  I'd like to see if Katie is the same one we experienced way back when!   

On 8/12/2023 at 12:51 PM, PaulManchester said:

I’m on the ship with you and totally agree about Katie. She’s been very very good. Extremely approachable and friendly and has a good sense of humour too. 
A quick, non-related, question if I may.. did you find the ship was unbearably cold until about Tuesday? We have never been so cold on a ship before in over 20 years. It was becoming unbearable in all the public areas. Not just the cold, but the force of the fans. 
it might well of been only us of course but it was incredibly cold until like I said, about Tuesday/Wednesday. 

Other than that (admittedly “first world problem”) this cruise has been absolutely fantastic. Never been on Anthem before and we have loved her. 
Am extra special shout out to Daniel Marks in the schooner bar. He has made our cruise. A brilliant, lovely guy. 

We are back home now but what a brilliant cruise and fabulous ports of call.

Superb staff and food plus the ship never seemed crowded.

Daniel was excellent as were The Boulevards.

Absolutely loved TWO70 what a venue.

Yes know exactly what you mean re the chill factor it was though someone turned the heating on about Tuesday although in fairness it never bothered us just put it down to the air conditioning.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Does anybody have a picture of her?  I'm not a follower of CDs (or Captains for that matter), but on one cruise way back when, there was an assistant CD, female that was miles better than the actual CD.  She was as described above and I was impressed.  She hosted the "World's Sexiest Man" contest at the Aqua Theater, man she was funny, engaging, and a professional entertainer.   In fact, I believe she hosted far more events than I think an assistant CD usually would.  Maybe the CD was sick or something.  But, we were the beneficiaries of whatever the reason for the CD's absence.  I'd like to see if Katie is the same one we experienced way back when!   

Google RCCL cruise directors her picture is there.

No picture but tall slim long brown hair tied in a pony tail and big glasses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Google RCCL cruise directors her picture is there.

No picture but tall slim long brown hair tied in a pony tail and big glasses.

Thanks, I did and that doesn't look like the young lady that I remember.  I think I have a video of her hosting the "World's Sexiest Man" contest, I'll dig it up one of these days, after I'm done moving.  

6 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Thanks, I did and that doesn't look like the young lady that I remember.  I think I have a video of her hosting the "World's Sexiest Man" contest, I'll dig it up one of these days, after I'm done moving.  

All the best with your move it’s never easy.

• Thanks 1

It's nice to hear such positive comments about Anthem,  especially during the school holidays when presumably the cruise was full

We should of been on her last September but had to cancel because of family issues. 

Must make an effort to book Anthem before she disappears from our shores next year

18 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Yes know exactly what you mean re the chill factor it was though someone turned the heating on about Tuesday although in fairness it never bothered us just put it down to the air conditioning.

Pleased to hear you had an amazing cruise on Anthem of the seas.

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Absolutely agree about the cruise. I honestly don’t know how they did it but we were thinking the ship could feel hugely overcrowded with three full sea days, and school holidays on top, but she just…didn’t. 
I’ve not been on a ship with such seemingly happy crew for a long time either. They were all fabulous.
Royal sometimes get a bit of a slating, as they do cost a little bit more than some of their more direct competitors, but I have to say, this whole cruise from start to finish was exceptional. 
Onboard within five minutes of parking the car, superb balcony cabin with the best cabin steward I’ve ever had (Stanley, deck six), wonderful food, great entertainment, marvellous ports of call (huge shout out to Cadiz above them all), and to top it off walked off the ship with no queue at 7am this morning. 

Just wonderful. 

• Like 1

Agree entirely very similar to us tremendous cruise and the benefits of no flying no weight restrictions on your luggage and as you say five minutes from car park to ship.

We had an 11.30am embarkation time but ended up getting parked at 10.30am got checked in and were on board within 20 minutes.

Our only negative ====== wait for it.

For some reason we got stopped ( never have done before if cruising or flying ) by the customs people and had a full search of all our suitcases and hand baggage which delayed us about 15 to 20 minutes.

They were all great ports of call but Cadiz was also our favourite also.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

We are debarking Anthem today, and I have to say we were thoroughly impressed with Katie as Cruise Director. Endless energy, funny, and she was everywhere hosting events - not sure how she manages to keep up that pace week after week. This was from the ‘’80s dance party in Two70.

IMG_1023.thumb.jpeg.76de7500be1ab48f524910bd702dfd62.jpeg

Edited by GimmeOcean

On 8/13/2023 at 12:04 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Agree entirely very similar to us tremendous cruise and the benefits of no flying no weight restrictions on your luggage and as you say five minutes from car park to ship.

We had an 11.30am embarkation time but ended up getting parked at 10.30am got checked in and were on board within 20 minutes.

Our only negative ====== wait for it.

For some reason we got stopped ( never have done before if cruising or flying ) by the customs people and had a full search of all our suitcases and hand baggage which delayed us about 15 to 20 minutes.

They were all great ports of call but Cadiz was also our favourite also.

we were also on this cruise. Agree with everyone AND how cold the ship was. We were particularly impressed with the organization for express walk off. Left our  room and in our car in less than 10 minutes. Great cruise!