The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 12th, 2023

richwmn

Been on pins and needles this afternoon. Mom is flying home to Florida today through ATL. My sis (who she lives with) was going to meet her in ATL (DM has a 95 min layover) and fly with mom home. Well, DS’ flight to ATL got delayed and then cancelled. Hopefully the flight from ATL is not delayed too much (just got notice of 19 min delay 😳) and DM gets home OK. 🤞 Once DM is on the plane we’ll all breathe a sigh of relief. 

Edit: Another delay, total 36 min. 

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. It was a busy day, and did include lunch at DD's . I have finally managed to catch up with some of the days. Yesterday we drove to Ellsworth, Maine, near Bar Harbor. The drive we thought would take 8 hours, took 12, for a variety of reasons.  But we made it.  Today was spent at Winter Harbor Lobster Fest.  Lobster for lunch. It was very good.

Although I don't post often, I do follow the Daily. My thoughts and prayers are with all who have health issues, and those suffering loss.  And congratulations to those celebrating.

Thank you to all who make the Daily happen.  Your work here is appreciated.

• Like 16

40 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Been on pins and needles this afternoon. Mom is flying home to Florida today through ATL. My sis (who she lives with) was going to meet her in ATL (DM has a 95 min layover) and fly with mom home. Well, DS’ flight to ATL got delayed and then cancelled. Hopefully the flight from ATL is not delayed too much (just got notice of 19 min delay 😳) and DM gets home OK. 🤞 Once DM is on the plane we’ll all breathe a sigh of relief. 

Edit: Another delay, total 36 min. 

DM is on the plane 👏 but there’s another delay. Total now 1 hour. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

i started reading these posts three times with many interruptions.  i wish I could remember what i read early today.

@smitty34877 Glad that Lou is getting the treatment he needs and prayers that he improves.

Prayers for Baby Murphy and hope we hear some good news soon.

I have had a busy day and hope everyone is doing well

Prayers for all 

Terri

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

DM is on the plane 👏 but there’s another delay. Total now 1 hour. 

Delay are now up to 2 hours 11 min. Supposedly they are waiting on a pilot. I’m praying they dont cancel the flight and try to put her up in a hotel. If they do, DS and her DH will drive to ATL to get her. 🤞🙏

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Delay are now up to 2 hours 11 min. Supposedly they are waiting on a pilot. I’m praying they dont cancel the flight and try to put her up in a hotel. If they do, DS and her DH will drive to ATL to get her. 🤞🙏

DM’s flight is finally taxiing. Almost 3 hours after scheduled departure. Good night all. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

17 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We visited Boca da Valeria in March on the Volendam Grand South America.  When we booked onboard the Nieuw Statendam last year the onboard consultant advised bringing give aways for the kids so I shopped Walmart clearance in October and bought about 3O boxes of crayons for 25 cents a box.   Then before we got on the tender a lady caught us in the lounge and asked if we were going ashore and gave us a huge amount of swag gifts that were HA and Essie give aways.  Necklaces, earrings, pens, hats and about 10 notepads. Needless to say I was popular, I was pounced on when they saw me coming off the tender.  We walked around town but didn't take one of the boats for hire to ride down the river.  We had nice weather, cloudy and not too hot.  It was bookended by a gorgeous sunrise and sunset and ended with a favorite MDR meal Chicken Tikka. 

IMG_20230303_064726628.jpg

IMG_20230303_181757633.jpg

FB_IMG_1677856010213.jpg

FB_IMG_1677855991801.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

FB_IMG_1677855975759.jpg

FB_IMG_1677866374905.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

FB_IMG_1684456448507.jpg

Fantastic photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

It's a sunny but breezy day here and we're heading into a hot stretch (for us) this coming week with highs almost to 90. I'm thankful our house stays rather cool. 

Today is my DM's 97th birthday. She's in BC and has plans to go out for Greek food with my sisters later today. 

Life here is adjusting to not having DH and all the paperwork. I finally have all the papers submitted for two insurances and one TSA. One insurance - his group policy through Greyhound - will be here shortly. I did it on-line so easy to track. Today I got a refund from the Care Facility he was in from May until his passing and they have been so easy to work with. 

Three weeks tomorrow I board the Westerdam for a week to Alaska. I'm so looking forward to it and I know it will be different and it may be hard but I'm a strong person. When I get back I'll attend DH's 65th high school reunion on the 13th and we're doing his Celebration of Life on the 16th. It's at a local park, very laid back, casual, picnic style. DS and DDIL will help with the planning hopefully next weekend. 

Now off to a memorial service for a 91 year old friend from water aerobics who passed about 2 weeks after DH. 

Have a good day everyone!

Karen

Happy 97th birthday to your dear mam Karen.

97th-birthday-11.gif

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dobiemom said:

DM’s flight is finally taxiing. Almost 3 hours after scheduled departure. Good night all. 

Thank heavens!  Hope all goes well for her from here on in. 🤞 

• Like 5