Cavern Club crowds on Joy

Maplemoose

My research and previous experience tell me that no matter how early one gets to a Beatle show to get a seat, you will still have your view blocked by the latecoming hordes who stand on the dance floor. Can recent Joy cruisers corroborate this?  If so there seems to be a simple solution. Take the tables at the back  and move them to the front. Then create the dance floor at the back. People can dance and stand no matter when they come in but we early birds will keep the view we were so patient in earning. And before it is mentioned, I am well aware of the Waterfront option. Cmments? 

• Like 1

We had gotten in line early and had decent seats.  When someone came and stood in front of the lady seated in front of us, she politely asked them to move.   We loved it and kept our sightlines.  

We were seated next to a center aisle and the servers did appear to ask people to keep that clear.

Having said all of that, on our 12 day cruise the Beatles group played in the Theater a couple of times.  Very fun to see in there too and lots of available seating.

2 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

My research and previous experience tell me that no matter how early one gets to a Beatle show to get a seat, you will still have your view blocked by the latecoming hordes who stand on the dance floor. Can recent Joy cruisers corroborate this?  If so there seems to be a simple solution. Take the tables at the back  and move them to the front. Then create the dance floor at the back. People can dance and stand no matter when they come in but we early birds will keep the view we were so patient in earning. And before it is mentioned, I am well aware of the Waterfront option. Cmments? 

The voice of logic and reason. Problem solved.

Like others, I don't recall there being a dance floor (or at least a DESIGNATED one) in the Cavern Club on the Joy.  I've also had the SRO experience, "holding up the wall" opposite or even past the bar. Here's a pic...

image.thumb.jpeg.3a2ef000a66163969539b5ae73a04285.jpeg

• Like 1

If it's not a dance floor, is it a mosh pit? 🤣🤣. If not, all the more reason to put more seating there!  My only CC experience was on Epic and it was used as a dance floor. Most standees stood behind the tables. The Joy CC appears to be a bit more chaotic. Getting anxious for my return to Beatlemania after being away for an entire pandemic.

15 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I found it different that on Joy the stage was at the narrow end of the long rectangular room.

In Syd's Pour House on other ships, the stage was in the middle of the longer side of the rectangle.  (Hope that makes sense!)   

The Bliss has the CC in the same place as the Escape.  The Joy is the way it is because of how the ship came to be - designed originally for Asia then brought over to the US and 'Westernized'.  The CC/Pour House location on other ships is Ocean Blue on the Joy, the CC on the Joy is where Sugarcane is on the Bliss...

Having sailed both ships and been in the venue on both it makes perfect sense...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hallux said:

Like others, I don't recall there being a dance floor (or at least a DESIGNATED one) in the Cavern Club on the Joy.  I've also had the SRO experience, "holding up the wall" opposite or even past the bar. Here's a pic...

image.thumb.jpeg.3a2ef000a66163969539b5ae73a04285.jpeg

OK, I thougnt it was me. I was in the Cavern Club on the Joy in February and had a seat near the front. There was no dance floor in front of me and I had no problem seeing the stage (and I am short). Those that stood were mainly in the back and on the sides. 

• Like 1

I was on Joy a couple of weeks ago and there's definitely no dance floor by the stage. We went the last night and waited on line to get seats right up front and it would have been impossible for someone to be up front blocking views. 

With that being said, the current band is excellent. Better than last year. The guy doing Paul was so good! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

The Bliss has the CC in the same place as the Escape.  The Joy is the way it is because of how the ship came to be - designed originally for Asia then brought over to the US and 'Westernized'.  The CC/Pour House location on other ships is Ocean Blue on the Joy, the CC on the Joy is where Sugarcane is on the Bliss...

Having sailed both ships and been in the venue on both it makes perfect sense...

Ahhh....that makes more sense now.  Thanks for the excellent explanation. 

Just glad they found a way to fit a Cavern Club in! 

31 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I was on Joy a couple of weeks ago and there's definitely no dance floor by the stage. We went the last night and waited on line to get seats right up front and it would have been impossible for someone to be up front blocking views. 

With that being said, the current band is excellent. Better than last year. The guy doing Paul was so good! 

Better than last year?   I thought the ones last year were amazing.   I enjoyed them much better than the ones on the Epic in March.  Hoping for another great foursome next year when we are on the Joy again.

16 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Better than last year?   I thought the ones last year were amazing.   I enjoyed them much better than the ones on the Epic in March.  Hoping for another great foursome next year when we are on the Joy again.

Obviously, just my personal opinion. I've seen them on Encore in 2020 and twice on Joy. 

I had so much fun seeing them on Encore a couple of times. One time I just walked into the CC on Encore as they were about to start and just stood right next to the stage and it was terrific! 

Last year was great too, on Joy, but I think that the guy playing Paul this year was a standout and made it better for me. 

I'm looking at Getaway for next year to finally experience Syd Norman's. 

It wasn't on Escape when we sailed it in 2018 and my daughter says I'd love it.