Passports for Bermuda?

uneamie

19 minutes ago, uneamie said:

Just in case my daughter in law's passport does not arrive in time.....do you absolutely have to have one to cruise to Bermuda and back? 

A US citizen taking a closed loop cruise originating in a US port can cruise with an official birth certificate and government-issued photo ID such as a drivers license.:

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents

For Cruises Leaving From a U.S. Port to the Caribbean, Bahamas & Florida, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Canada & New England, Pacific Coastal

On cruises that begin and end in the same US port and do not sail through the Panama Canal or to any South American ports, you are required to carry one of the below documents:

A Valid Passport

OR

Proof of Citizenship (see below) AND Government-issued photo ID

(Baptismal paper, hospital certificates of birth, and Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable.)

• State certified U.S. birth certificate
  • Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
  • Original certificate of U.S. citizenship
  • U.S. Consular report of your birth abroad
  • Enhanced Driver’s License (enhanced driver’s licenses are only issued in Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont and Washington)
  • A valid passport card

Photocopies or pictures of documents will not be accepted.

*A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 does not require a government-issued photo ID.

A valid passport is required on all sailings that begin in one US port and end in another US port.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

A US citizen taking a closed loop cruise originating in a US port can cruise with an official birth certificate and government-issued photo ID such as a drivers license.:

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents

For Cruises Leaving From a U.S. Port to the Caribbean, Bahamas & Florida, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Canada & New England, Pacific Coastal

On cruises that begin and end in the same US port and do not sail through the Panama Canal or to any South American ports, you are required to carry one of the below documents:

A Valid Passport

OR

Proof of Citizenship (see below) AND Government-issued photo ID

(Baptismal paper, hospital certificates of birth, and Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable.)

• State certified U.S. birth certificate
  • Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
  • Original certificate of U.S. citizenship
  • U.S. Consular report of your birth abroad
  • Enhanced Driver’s License (enhanced driver’s licenses are only issued in Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont and Washington)
  • A valid passport card

Photocopies or pictures of documents will not be accepted.

*A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 does not require a government-issued photo ID.

A valid passport is required on all sailings that begin in one US port and end in another US port.

Awesome...than you much! 

I would check with NCL.  I would hate to arrive at the port and find out the rules were different. Of course, if you read these boards, you know that you can get different answers from different customer service reps.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mskaufman said:

I would check with NCL.  I would hate to arrive at the port and find out the rules were different. Of course, if you read these boards, you know that you can get different answers from different customer service reps.

The OP is ok if the DIL has a official birth certificate and a paper trail if she changes her name (I.e., her ID does not match the BC)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mskaufman said:

I quoted the NCL rules as posted on their website in post #2, the first reply to the OP's question. What information other than actual facts that have already been cited do you think NCL's customer service could provide? You've even said that different customer service reps may give different answers !

• Like 2