What time can you board Venezia?

star65

Hello, It has been a long time since we cruised Carnival and my daughter is sailing on Venezia soon. Do they make you stick to the time to board they tell you too or can you still get to the port early and board? She has been told 1:30pm but would like to get on much earlier. Thanks for your help. 

13 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

You might want to read this. Anything can happen.

Read what, not a lot of data there.  While it is wonderful to sail out of Manhattan, a hundred year old terminal is a 100 year old terminal.  Way to long and to thin, as I said, never boring.  All that said, why the Coast Guard was called (if they were), is a pretty good question.

Edited by jimbo5544

Boy it must have been awhile since you've cruised lol.  Firstly the time they give you is the Arrival time to check in at Port.  Coming early does you no good as your not getting onboard unless your arrival time is after they start boarding people.  You will Board when they are ready to let people on.   Hope your Daughter enjoys the Venezia!                       

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thundercrack said:

You need to go at your assigned time or later, not earlier than assigned time.

So we have an 11:00 check out time but will ask to move that to a later time. We need to get our check in time this Thursday. If we request 11:30 but don't show up until 12:30-1:00 that would be ok? We don't want to be on to early with no cabin until 1:30.

Thanks

8 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

So we have an 11:00 check out time but will ask to move that to a later time. We need to get our check in time this Thursday. If we request 11:30 but don't show up until 12:30-1:00 that would be ok? We don't want to be on to early with no cabin until 1:30.

Thanks

That is my understanding, you can arrive after your designated time, just not before (actually you can arrive before, you will just not be let in until your block of time).  If you know you don't want to board early due to cabins not available until 1:30, why don't you just choose the 12:30-1:30 arrival time?

1 hour ago, thundercrack said:

That is my understanding, you can arrive after your designated time, just not before (actually you can arrive before, you will just not be let in until your block of time).  If you know you don't want to board early due to cabins not available until 1:30, why don't you just choose the 12:30-1:30 arrival time?

Not sure if we can get late check out. They told us to ask the week we plan to stay overnight. So if we don't get it will head to port about 15 minute walk if we do will head there later.

Thanks for your reply.

After you check in with an agent to review your boarding passes/passports etc, they give you a boarding group number. Then you have to wait until they call your boarding group number. So our boarding number was technically called some point after our check in time. They will NOT let you anywhere near the gate if it’s not your boarding number slot yet. There is also not nearly enough seating for all of the people waiting, so your daughter would definitely not want to arrive hours early. I’m not familiar with what’s in the area (aside from the Intrepid) because we just ubered in/out but maybe she’d just want to go to lunch or something between checkout and arrival. Otherwise she could go near the port earlier just to give her bags to the porter without going in and then walk around the port area to kill time. 

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

18 hours ago, CruisinRach said:

Does anyone know what is the earliest arrival appt that you can select for Venezia? Also, about what time they actually start boarding. 

My experience at Manhattan NYC port is boarding usually starts around 11:30.   

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 8:30 AM, Bound4Bermuda said:

….Otherwise she could go near the port earlier just to give her bags to the porter without going in and then walk around the port area to kill time. 

That is good advice. Adding to a somewhat chaotic embarkation for our June 19 cruise was the fact that there were many (perhaps new?) cruisers who did not realize the process in the Manhattan terminal is to hand over your big baggage at street level first thing. Then you go for check-in. There were people in the check-in line with their big bags still.

On 8/16/2023 at 12:49 PM, CruisinRach said:

Does anyone know what is the earliest arrival appt that you can select for Venezia? Also, about what time they actually start boarding. 

I just sailed the Venezia on August 14. I had a 10am check in time and even with the gangway issue there was no way I was getting on that ship before 11:30. Disembarkation doesn't start until around 9am and there is no way you are getting everyone off in an hour. We had to be out of the rooms by 9:30 and off the ship by 11am. So I am not sure why they have the 10am start time other than moving people along to sit and wait in the terminal. 

Also, in over a dozen cruises, this was the worst debark and embark at the ports of calls. Wait times of 1.5 hours to get back on and 30-45 mins to get off. Poorly executed!