Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

16 minutes ago, Uff da said:

Greg, could you kindly tell me how to find your website? I think it's in here somewhere, but 100 pages is a lot to sift through. 

Look at his signature. You might have signatures turned off in your settings if you don't see it.

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

One of the favorite restaurants on the left hand side for many is Arturo’s. Fancy! White table cloths. We also love the flaming cheese. It’s no longer a deal to buy booze in Mexico. After paying the duty it’s about the same price stateside. 

Yes  --  I believe it was Arturo's...
Name sounds correct & definitely the old style white table cloths!

Yes - prices on alcohol have definitely increased and the big Agave Freeze sky rocketed the price of Tequila...

I no longer drink the quantities I used to - so purchase as I need it vs. the stocking up method...
I have to say paying Texas duty plus the price of the Tequila was a steal in the old days.

It was about a quarter or fifth of the price as purchasing elsewhere, at the time.

And - I am a "little" more particular about my tequila these days 🙂 
Thanks for the Arturo's memory!

Cheers  --  Von & John

• Thanks 1

Greg - Thoroughly enjoyed your informative review. We have yet to visit Alaska, but probably will once we retire. We sailed with Carnival once, and said never again (but that was back in the late 90s).  So, I am looking forward to your review/comparison with Princess. We've done 3 with NCL but many more with Princess and then Celebrity.

Thank you for your time and detailed reporting.

• Like 1

Finally finished your review and as usual great useful information and great entertaining, interesting, and beautiful pictures. The glacier and bear pics were most amazing.

What a crappy end to your vacation. Flying has become so problematic, can't take anything for granted anymore. For people that don't have endless vacation time counting on getting from point A to point B in a timely manner is critical.

I had already decided I wouldn't be cruising Carnival when I go to Alaska and was already leaning toward NCL.  I'm pretty sure MyVegas will be offering cruise rewards again next year on NCL which will work for me.

Basically my only complaint about NCL was comedy. I love Carnivals comedy and sorely missed it my last 2 cruises. Definitely got my fill and then some on Celebration lol.

Have never read a Princess review so it hasn't even been on my radar so it will be interesting to follow that review🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 7:50 PM, Saint Greg said:

For as much as they shove that down your throat, they advertise it poorly. I even sat through an entire presentation and the guy never said that. He only talked about getting $100 OBC for $250 deposits.

Yeah it’s clear they don’t try to help you. Otherwise shouldn’t my vacation planner have said “hey you can get your $500 cruise for $250 if you buy a cruise first certificate.”

As I think I mentioned previously, on our first NCL and Alaska in May, we bought a $250 CruiseNext, declined the $100 OBC, and received another $250 CruiseNext instead.  

(Yes, I am way behind, but catching up.)  Thanks for the review.  Looking forward to the Princess cruise as we have not done one of those yet.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2023 at 12:11 PM, Uff da said:

Greg, could you kindly tell me how to find your website? I think it's in here somewhere, but 100 pages is a lot to sift through. 

https://www.saintgregtravel.com

Articles post twice a week. I’m just finishing up my transatlantic. We’re about to have a month plus of NYC content. Then in November we’ll get to the Alaska cruise content. I’m working on posting all of the Alaska videos I didn’t post during the cruise. Once I have those I’ll post them on this thread. I have one bear video I posted a month ago that is still getting over 1,000 views a day. It’s approaching 50k views.

• Like 3

On 9/12/2023 at 12:11 PM, Uff da said:

Now that I have all of my NYC content complete and scheduled out, I can tell you my Alaska/NCL stuff will begin posting on my website November 10th. Every Monday and Friday until it's all posted.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

As I've been working my blogs I've been uploading videos I didn't get a chance to during the cruise. I'll go ahead and post them here.

I'll be starting my princess thread next weekend for my cruise two weeks from now. I'll post a link to that here as well for anyone interested in checking that out. I'm sure there will be a lot of comparing CCL to NCL to Princess on that. I did have a successful upgrade bid so I went from interior guarantee to a standard balcony.

I'll start with bear videos. These first two combine for over 9 million views right now..and are mostly responsible for me getting an additional 23k subscribers to my youtube channel over the past month.

Steller sea lions

Sled dogs in Juneau

Goldbelt Tram in Juneau

Long versions

short versions

Hubbard Glacier

]

Tracy Arm Fjord

Icy strait point

Train to seward

Skagway

Starr in Anchorage

Anchorage Moose

Matunuska Glacier

Anchorage Sunset

Vancouver clock

Vancouver Sea Plane

Jewel Sail Away from Vancouver

• Like 3

I finally got around to calling Air Canada about the seat upgrade I paid for but didn’t get to use since I missed my connection. I was also told by an AC employee I should submit a claim for the damage to my suitcase from my Barcelona flight on my Transatlantic trip. I went ahead and did both today. 

I got an email that they are evaluating my seat upgrade claim. From everything I’m reading it sounds like it shouldn’t be a problem. But they also sent me this 10% discount code that’s good for three years. Don’t know if I’ll be able to use it or not but it’s nice to have.

“By way of saying thank you, we are pleased to offer you a one-time saving off the base fare on your next booking at www.aircanada.com.

To receive your discount, enter the one-time-use promo code above in the Promo Code box at aircanada.com when you make your booking. If booking with your travel agent, they may enter the code at aircanada.com/agents.

This discount offer is valid for three years from today. This means you must complete the booking and travel within three years. You may use your discount for a new booking only, not an existing booking. The discount applies to a maximum of four passengers, provided all passengers’ tickets are booked at the same time.”

• Like 2

For the baggage claim AC is sending me a $100 check and they sent me another discount code. This one for 20%.

“Thank you for contacting Air Canada. We are sorry that your baggage arrived damaged. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

In response to your claim, a cheque for the amount of $100.00 USD has been issued and will be sent to you by regular mail shortly. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing and postage. 

As a goodwill gesture, we are pleased to offer you a one-time promotional discount code. Your promotional discount code is for 20% off the base fare on your next booking. This is valid for three years from today and applies for up to 4 customers on the same booking.

You can apply your discount at www.aircanada.com or through your travel agent. Please see ABOUT YOUR TRAVEL DISCOUNT below for further details.

Thank you for choosing to fly with Air Canada. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on board with us again soon.

Sincerely,

Baggage Claims”

• Like 3

Greg, can you give me the phone# you used? 

Sept. I called for a delayed baggage claim and was told I had to do it on line.

Thirty days ago I put in a claim on line for delayed baggage that I had to go pick up myself in New York. A $404,  3 hour Uber ride later, I got my luggage & made my cruise.

AlI I want is that money reimbursed, but when you do a claim on line there is no trail to prove you started a claim. 

I need to talk to someone from Air Canada. Can you help?

13 hours ago, eltigre said:

Greg, can you give me the phone# you used? 

Sept. I called for a delayed baggage claim and was told I had to do it on line.

Thirty days ago I put in a claim on line for delayed baggage that I had to go pick up myself in New York. A $404,  3 hour Uber ride later, I got my luggage & made my cruise.

AlI I want is that money reimbursed, but when you do a claim on line there is no trail to prove you started a claim. 

I need to talk to someone from Air Canada. Can you help?

The person I called also said I had to do it online. 

This is where I submitted my claims.

aircanada.com/customerrelations

which redirects to this:

https://accc-prod.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-CA/air-canada-contact-us/

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1