Observations, first time on HAL. Zaandam 23Aug to 03 Sep 2023

Blackduck59

13 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks, we're almost home we are in Vancouver waiting for our flight it is delayed so an already late night will be even later. 

Any reasons for the delayed flight to Vancouver - we are heading that way from SF in a few more days for the Noordam 14 day Alaska.

19 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Any reasons for the delayed flight to Vancouver - we are heading that way from SF in a few more days for the Noordam 14 day Alaska.

The delay was in Vancouver waiting for the short hop flight to Victoria. We never really got a clear picture as to why the delay. I'm under the impression it had to do with "facilities" in Victoria so the aircraft didn't leave Victoria on time.

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

The delay was in Vancouver waiting for the short hop flight to Victoria. We never really got a clear picture as to why the delay. I'm under the impression it had to do with "facilities" in Victoria so the aircraft didn't leave Victoria on time.

Thanks. Good thing our included cruise stop in Victoria  on our way back down the Pacific Coast........ will be by ship .......... wave when the Noordam toots by. Such a lovely city.

16 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Thanks. Good thing our included cruise stop in Victoria  on our way back down the Pacific Coast........ will be by ship .......... wave when the Noordam toots by. Such a lovely city.

How long is the stop? And when are you here?

On 9/4/2023 at 3:49 PM, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

Does anyone have a photo of the Gold Gala menu?

Sorry. I was trying to upload the menu but it's not working. I can confirm that the only GF entree option that night was lobster for an upcharge of $30

Edited by TabithaK

18 hours ago, TabithaK said:

Sorry. I was trying to upload the menu but it's not working. I can confirm that the only GF entree option that night was lobster for an upcharge of $30

Many thanks!.  That is what I remembered.   Zuiderdam had 4 options other than the lobster upcharge Same night, with many/most choices same as on Zaandam.  Both mentioned in my survey.  Puzzling at the very least.

thanks again for reply.

• 7 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 8:23 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Confederation Bridge shortly before the transit. I have whole bunch of photos on my proper camera.  I hope others got good ones from other parts of the ship.20230830_195957.thumb.jpg.0d0b8ffc14ce03aecdcbee341ac415f4.jpg

I have driven over the bridge a few times! Very long and was a bit scary the first time!