Book now or wait til Labour Day sale?

lindafromns

15 minutes ago, lindafromns said:

Does anyone have any idea what the upcoming Labour Day sale might look like? We want to book a cruise and are wondering if we should book now or wait.  🤔

IDK why people always ask this.  Book now when you have a voyage you want.  Book with a refundable deposit and you can re-fare anytime you find a better deal for you up until Final Payment Date.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

IDK why people always ask this.  Book now when you have a voyage you want.  Book with a refundable deposit and you can re-fare anytime you find a better deal for you up until Final Payment Date.

Very wise advice.  Why wait for a sale that may not be what you expected and the cabin you wanted is gone.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Ummm thanks for your answer but I'm not sure why you needed to be rude about it.  Just scroll on if you don't like the question.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

steelers36 response - if not in uk

True.  She is from Canada.

That said, at some point a Brit has to pull the trigger.  You can refare once as I recall and then accept a $100 fee for doing so.  The savings need to be a fair bit beyond that to be worthwhile.  And then you must wonder if locked in at the best price.  I suppose not looking would avoid any disappointment.  😉

2 minutes ago, lindafromns said:

Ummm thanks for your answer but I'm not sure why you needed to be rude about it.  Just scroll on if you don't like the question.

I see now you are pretty new to CC.  So, welcome.  We do see this question a lot, but you may not be aware.  Anyway, you can book anytime and then watch for better deals.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I see now you are pretty new to CC.  So, welcome.  We do see this question a lot, but you may not be aware.  Anyway, you can book anytime and then watch for better deals.

Good advice…the cruise I was looking at two weeks ago, and it is the one we want, has gone up $300 pp! Going to book it and hopefully re fare later at some point.Still has time to happen as final payment isn’t until April 2024.

I’ll add, we really don’t know when we will get a sale that reduces the price.  

There’s always some type of sales going on.  I’ve not noticed that Labor Day is a great one.  Also, it depends on the ship, if it’s full or not.

If your not within final payment, and book now, make sure to book with a refundable deposit, so you will be able to refare, if it’s lower, except in the UK.

Welcome to CC.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lindafromns said:

Definitely not rude.  I always wonder why people think that CC members somehow know what sale the cruiseline will be offering in the future.  Unless, one of us has a crystal ball, we all see it together when it’s published.  @Steelers36 is a long standing member with a wealth of knowledge and one of our most respectful members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Definitely not rude.  I always wonder why people think that CC members somehow know what sale the cruiseline will be offering in the future.  Unless, one of us has a crystal ball, we all see it together when it’s published.  @Steelers36 is a long standing member with a wealth of knowledge and one of our most respectful members.

Aw, shucks. 

I could have been nicer to a new member.  Sometimes I am a little impatient.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

That applies to most of us.  We try our best and that’s all we can do.  

Labor Day Sale is online this morning.  Checked my next 3 cruises that are posted under the sale and none have a change a price decrease.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Aw, shucks. 

I could have been nicer to a new member.  Sometimes I am a little impatient.

Well, you are a lot more patient than most.

Thank you for all that you do on our forum!  All your expertise.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well, you are a lot more patient than most.

Thank you for all that you do on our forum!  All your expertise.

I also learn and absorb from others on here - especially those sailing in 2023 as we are not doing so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nnzz said:

Labor Day Sale is online this morning.  Checked my next 3 cruises that are posted under the sale and none have a change a price decrease.

Same here, 7 future cruises booked, all fares are currently higher than the fare we had previously booked.  Sometimes a "sale" is not really a "sale."  Buyer Beware!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

To this poster...

Yes, usually it is always best to go ahead and book.

Just make sure that you know that the deposit is a refundable deposit.

The number of desireable cruises and cabins will usually go up in price.

I wouldn't want to wait for any last minute 'sale'.

The promos always change.

Usually they are not that much difference.

If traveling with more than two in the cabin, a 'third and fourth passenger" sale would be worthwhile.

We recently re-fared, as a specific promo came along with a so-called 'up to 50%' instead of the 'up to 40%'...  We lost some perks, but did come out slightly ahead.

If you have to cancel and do a whole new booking, then know that any perks that you had might not be included in the new promo.

When it comes to things like perks, and the PLUS or Premier Package,  one always has to do the math.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Someone new might ask that question because experienced customers could have a handle on pricing.       

Lady Arwen- please reach out to me about your post regarding Celebrity Silhouette cabin 6305- we’re you bothered by elevator or noise above or below???? (Your post) DCRoadmail@gmail.com. - DCRoadMail  at. Gmail - thx in advance - Ms Darlin

20 minutes ago, DARLIN said:

Lady Arwen- please reach out to me about your post regarding Celebrity Silhouette cabin 6305- we’re you bothered by elevator or noise above or below???? (Your post) DCRoadmail@gmail.com. - DCRoadMail  at. Gmail - thx in advance - Ms Darlin

Welcome to the CC boards.  However, you are posting in the Princess boards and this is a question for the Celebrity boards.  I don’t email people I don’t know, sorry.  To answer your question, I have never had any problems with noise on any Celebrity ship in any cabin.  You’ve been a member for 14 years and this is your very first post?

Edited by Lady Arwen

Yes-1st post on this site! - You were only 1 of 2 that mentioned this cabin in a post. This is my 3rd Transatlatic but 1st on this ship doing transatlantic. I knew this was wrong line but wasn’t sure how to reach you about your old post about this particular cabin. I’ve only used FB groups for my other cruise communications. Sorry, Darlin 

• Like 1