Do you still get your "Diamond" drinks if you're staying in a star class suite?

Staying in a Owners Loft Suite so we'll get the free beverage package but we're also diamonds so do my wife and I still get the 4 vouchers daily?  I ask because my wife's parents are going as well and are staying in a balcony room and are NOT diamonds so can we let them use our diamond drinks to help save them a little on drinks?  I know sharing is permitted with diamond vouchers but not sure we'll get them credited since we get free drinks anyway.  Yes, I realize we could scam RCL and order for them and go back for ourselves but I'm not that kind of person so that's not an option.   

Also, they're purchasing the unlimited dining package and we want to dine together and will do our best to try and schedule ahead of time but if we can't get the reservation times we want will the Genie help get them in with us?  We've stayed in suites several times but never in star class when someone else was traveling with us.  My understanding is they have slots for star class guests so it's just a matter of them letting us use a larger table to accommodate more people.  Thanks in advance for the help!

Though watch what they might do in the SL during happy hour...or the beer and wine from 11 to 11.  

Apparently it must be easier, or they just like to save their budget money, to charge your vouchers..... even though we were supposed to get the Suites free drinks.  Since we never went over our 6 per person vouchers...we did not say anything.  If we had...I would have taken issue.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Concord Slim said:

Staying in a Owners Loft Suite so we'll get the free beverage package but we're also diamonds so do my wife and I still get the 4 vouchers daily?  I ask because my wife's parents are going as well and are staying in a balcony room and are NOT diamonds so can we let them use our diamond drinks to help save them a little on drinks?  I know sharing is permitted with diamond vouchers but not sure we'll get them credited since we get free drinks anyway.  Yes, I realize we could scam RCL and order for them and go back for ourselves but I'm not that kind of person so that's not an option.   

Also, they're purchasing the unlimited dining package and we want to dine together and will do our best to try and schedule ahead of time but if we can't get the reservation times we want will the Genie help get them in with us?  We've stayed in suites several times but never in star class when someone else was traveling with us.  My understanding is they have slots for star class guests so it's just a matter of them letting us use a larger table to accommodate more people.  Thanks in advance for the help!

You will have access to the suite lounge for free beer and wine from 11 to 11 plus the happy hour in suite lounge but if you get a drink at any other bar on the ship or with a meal you can use your diamond vouchers. 

Your in-laws will not be able to access the suite lounge since they are in a balcony so you may want to enjoy some cocktails with them somewhere else onboard. 

Yes, it is okay to share your vouchers with them.  You are not scamming Royal by using your voucher.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You will have access to the suite lounge for free beer and wine from 11 to 11 plus the happy hour in suite lounge but if you get a drink at any other bar on the ship or with a meal you can use your diamond vouchers. 

Your in-laws will not be able to access the suite lounge since they are in a balcony so you may want to enjoy some cocktails with them somewhere else onboard. 

Yes, it is okay to share your vouchers with them.  You are not scamming Royal by using your voucher.

With the OLS being star class we'll have the drink package so how much and where we drink won't be an issue.  The in-laws can use our vouchers, none of us are huge drinkers so 4 a day will probably be plenty most days for us...   Yeah, knew we weren't scamming by sharing vouchers just wanted to make sure we still got them given the beverage package being included, was referring to using the package to get them drinks...  

We enjoyed the suite lounge on Ovation in August every night before dinner but we probably won't visit since the in-laws can't access, we'll just hit 270, Playmakers, or the Music Hall...   They purchased the dining package so that we can all dine together but we'll miss CK as we really enjoyed the venue and food on Ovation and Harmony on our last two cruises...  We'll use it in Feb. on Icon though!     

• Like 3

17 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Your C&A status is never connected to your cabin category, so yes, you still get them.

All our drinks at the bar in the SL on Wonder (all four weeks) were charged to our vouchers last Oct./Nov..  Must have been the easy way to do it for them.  We were GS...so vouchers should not be charged during happy hour or the beer/wine from 11-11...but they were.  

3 hours ago, island lady said:

All our drinks at the bar in the SL on Wonder (all four weeks) were charged to our vouchers last Oct./Nov..  Must have been the easy way to do it for them.  We were GS...so vouchers should not be charged during happy hour or the beer/wine from 11-11...but they were.  

Bizarre. Definitely not the case when we were there.

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Odyssey suite lounge does not have a bar. Free drinks are only served during Happy Hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Bizarre. Definitely not the case when we were there.

LOL... I just figured free was free, if it is vouchers or suite's drinks...still free.  As long as they don't put $$$  through on the sea pass card.  😉 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL... I just figured free was free, if it is vouchers or suite's drinks...still free.  As long as they don't put $$$  through on the sea pass card.  😉 

For sure, but that would have been a problem for me when we were literally next door to the SL. My 4 vouchers would have quickly disappeared from grabbing an 11-11 can of soda or Truly b/c I happened to be going back to the cabin... then I would have ordered a real drink elsewhere later and... you get the idea.

Suite life is complicated... back to the simple life for us. 🤣

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 1