Anyone considering flying Air France thru CDG

wcsdkqh

Earlier this month I was supposed to fly Air France from Atlanta to CDG as one leg of a trip from Florida to Copenhagen. The day before my flight I received an email from Air France informing me my flight was cancelled. After a few minutes of near panic I was able to contact Delta and a wonderful agent was able to book me on a different flight through AMS. What’s really interesting about this is that the same Air France flight had been cancelled earlier in the week. 

I would stay away from them. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

Do yourself a favor and visit the “Air France Victims - Lost Luggage” Facebook page. Peruse the comments and stories from the multitude of victims.

Is there a website for the people whose bags made it perfectly on schedule? Because that's the majority. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

Do yourself a favor and visit the “Air France Victims - Lost Luggage” Facebook page. Peruse the comments and stories from the multitude of victims.

So it doesn't happen on other airlines? Yeah, right.

If someone has data that shows that Air France is much worse than other airlines for this, I'd be interested to see it.

29 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

Is there a website for the people whose bags made it perfectly on schedule? Because that's the majority. 

I hate to correct you, but I think that the truth is "Because that's the overwhelming majority".

People who whinge in public like that about short-shipped bags (they're almost always short-shipped, not lost) usually mean "I and/or my bag are too important for this to happen to me". If you check bags often enough, it's true that sooner or later one will go walkies for a while. So if it happens to you, it's part of travelling life; it's not a personal insult dished out by the airline. There are grown-up ways of dealing with mishaps, but I don't think that bleating on Facebook is one of them.

• Like 3

Why would that be doing myself a favor?  There are whiners everywhere.  Most people have absolutely no idea how air travel works or baggage and a lot of their complaints are utter nonsense.  If I want to hear this, I just go to work.

I currently work in the baggage services office for my employer.  ALL airlines fail to load every single bag on every fight for a wide variety of reasons.  Most bags are not lost or delayed.  I wouldn’t ever check a bag and I wouldn’t fly AF, but not because of baggage complaints.
If your bag does not arrive on the carousel, go file a delayed baggage claim.  Please be kind to the agent who is trying to help you.  I have never been the brunt of so much hostility and profanity in my life all over a delayed bag.  We have to call the airport police on a weekly basis for totally out-of-control pax.  I thought a pax was going to hit me last week.  I just don’t understand the anger about a bag;

we are just lowly customer service agents who are trying to help you.  

I could tell you stories that would make your jaw drop.  Be nice and stop yelling and blaming us for weather, ATC, your rebooking, etc.

Edited by 6rugrats
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Shawski said:

Earlier this month I was supposed to fly Air France from Atlanta to CDG as one leg of a trip from Florida to Copenhagen. The day before my flight I received an email from Air France informing me my flight was cancelled. After a few minutes of near panic I was able to contact Delta and a wonderful agent was able to book me on a different flight through AMS. What’s really interesting about this is that the same Air France flight had been cancelled earlier in the week. 

I would stay away from them. 

A day-before cancellation is most likely due to the unavailability of an aircraft.  Airlines don't just cancel flights on short notice for the fun of it.  And since the same flight was cancelled earlier in the week, it is almost certain that one of the aircraft on that route's rotation had to be pulled from service.

This happens.  Machines break.  And you were given a heads up in advance.

Final thought problem:  If you had the choice, would you rather an airline pull an aircraft out of service to do maintenance or just let it fly until something breaks?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Final thought problem:  If you had the choice, would you rather an airline pull an aircraft out of service to do maintenance or just let it fly until something breaks?

As an aero engineer that heavily focuses on compliance and regulations...I vote for the maintenance 🙂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're considering Air France for our 2024 flight from MIA to FCO and return from VCE back to MIA . Our preference is Lufthansa through FRA, 2nd is BA via LHR followed by AF via CDG. I'm monitoring flight departures/ arrivals prior to making that final airline selection.

9 hours ago, muffydawg said:

I'm monitoring flight departures/ arrivals prior to making that final airline selection.

I'm wondering how this will be of any use for your flight choice. Whether and to what extent flights are on time this summer has pretty much no bearing at all on how things will be next year. You'd probably be better off considering things that do matter, like schedules and backup if things go wrong.

• Like 5