Penthouse suite must dos

D1324tt

Last year on Enchanted Princess after a couple of nights the concierge asked us if we would like drinks delivered to our suite during the 2 hour “happy hour”. We did, and each evening the waiter or waitress would bring us 2 glasses of red wine and 2 glasses of Prosecco between the two of us. Is this normal or just a one off with that concierge? I noticed other suites also made use of the delivered drinks.

54 minutes ago, TCTXCruiser said:

Is there a special lunch on embarkation day for suites? 

No not special, but it’s MDR Reserve section so it’s peaceful and a lovely way to start a trip…..with a wee glass of something to accompany it.  The buffet can be pretty chaotic first day.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2023 at 10:59 PM, Snaxmuppet said:

I too am a bit concerned about capacity and overcrowding. Although we didn't like cruising with all the covid restrictions it did mean that the ships felt almost empty. Last time we cruised was September 2022 and although things were starting to get back to normal the ship (Sky Princess) was certainly not at capacity. We next sail in April 2024 and I am expecting it to but totally at capacity given that a few of class of rooms are already booked out. 

This time we are taking a suite to try to mitigate some of our concerns. Having access to a good-sized cabin along with the suite benefits will make it easier for us if we start to feel overcome with the crowds.

We have only sailed in a suite once before but we decided after that to cruise less but in a mini-suite or a suite if we could get an offer rather than cruising more but in a inside or balcony cabin. We have been spoiled now... perhaps forever!

Us too!

2 minutes ago, teenieleek said:

No not special, but it’s MDR Reserve section so it’s peaceful and a lovely way to start a trip…..with a wee glass of something to accompany it.  The buffet can be pretty chaotic first day.

Thanks!  I am looking forward to the MDR reserve section.  

9 minutes ago, TCTXCruiser said:

Thanks!  I am looking forward to the MDR reserve section.  

It’s the best bit about Club Class (Reserve).  Only had it on Regal so far but no queueing, no need to bother with Dine My Way and lovely staff.  

Guest Snaxmuppet

We have had a club class mini suite once and a suite once and we are now totally spoilt... we have decided to do less cruising but when we do to always get Reserve Dining either mini suite or suite (depending on offers!). We always booked Balcony before.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:08 AM, reedprincess said:

15 cruise credits (1 credit per sailing segment) or 150 cruise days.

Suites get double cruise credits per sailing..

We sailed in a suite over the summer but only received one cruise credit. When I inquired they said double cruise credit for single occupancy, those traveling solo on a suite. 

19 minutes ago, reynacruise said:

We sailed in a suite over the summer but only received one cruise credit. When I inquired they said double cruise credit for single occupancy, those traveling solo on a suite. 

That doesn't sound right, we've always gotten 2 cruise credits when in a suite, most recently March/April 2023.  You might want to try an email to captainscircle@princesscruises.com  That's the email address given on the cruise history page.  Good luck!

31 minutes ago, reynacruise said:

booked or bidded?

2 hours ago, reynacruise said:

Anyone in a suite gets two credits. Solo not in a suite gets two credits. Solo in a suite gets three credits.

However, this only applies to someone who books a suite initially - not to someone who gets an upsell or a bid to move up to a suite. Princess used to give two credits for upsells to a suite, but not for several years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reynacruise said:

Hmmm....If you bid on and are awarded a suite, you will receive 1 cruise credit.

If you book a suite, 2 cruise credits per passenger in the room.

If you book a suite and sail solo, 3 cruise credits.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Hmmm....If you bid on and are awarded a suite, you will receive 1 cruise credit.

If you book a suite, 2 cruise credits per passenger in the room.

If you book a suite and sail solo, 3 cruise credits.

Got it!

Yes, we get the penthouse suite by bidding on it.

Thank you for the explanation, now it’s clear! 

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Only on cruises 6 days or longer per suite perks

We have received the complementary specialty dining on our last 2 cruises in suites, 4 and 5 days length and have it pre-booked through the app for our next 5 day.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 6:35 PM, reedprincess said:

Definitely the specialty breakfast. I wake up for those especially - and I am not a morning person, nor a breakfast person really. But a mimosa or 2 with fresh eggs benedict and a side of crispy bacon - yeah, I'll wake up for those..

First night specialty dinner is a lovely way to start.

If it's a longer cruise, laundry service is great! Or, even on a short cruise, sending things out to be pressed instead of doing it yourself is wonderful!

Concierge lounge has a happy hour or two - wine, beer at no charge (or against package count), snacks, etc.

And, all day/night you can access the concierge lounge for snacks, espresso based coffees from the machine, usually soda and waters too...

Have a wonderful time!! 

Sure wish there were concierge lounges on the old ships. 
Yes, breakfast is definitely something to get up and ready for!

Lois😊

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jeeper2 said:

Sure wish there were concierge lounges on the old ships. 
Yes, breakfast is definitely something to get up and ready for!

Lois😊

To put a lounge on existing ships they would have to repurpose a space that probably brings in revenue 

2 hours ago, memoak said:

To put a lounge on existing ships they would have to repurpose a space that probably brings in revenue 

I don’t expect that to happen, but it would be very nice to have! 😁

12 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Does the specialty dining perk for the first night have to be reserved before the cruise or can you just wait until boarding?

I have not been successful at reserving the complimentary first night dining on the app in advance. It always asks for a credit card. The app recognizes my Premier credits but not the first night credit. I recently reserved one for the first night because I will be arrive in Quebec City until 4:18 pm. I reserved for two couples - both in suites. The app took my reservation without charging my credit card, but all four of our Premier credits are now gone. I don't think I'll have any trouble getting them back onboard, and I'd rather deal with them than trying to get a credit card refund onboard.

I've never had a problem reserving first night reservations onboard. However, I haven't sailed on Princess since the pandemic, so I don't have any recent experience. The number of people with Premier may make it more difficult. I also don't have experience getting to the ship as late as I will in Quebec City.

One of the suite amenities is priority specialty restaurant reservations. I believe they keep some first night reservations available for suite passengers onboard.

41 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Does the specialty dining perk for the first night have to be reserved before the cruise or can you just wait until boarding?

We have never reserved in advance. Get on board and see the suite concierge if on a Royal class ship or call dine line for others.  I have even had dine line call me. They always leave open tables the first night for suites

On 8/25/2023 at 2:19 AM, D1324tt said:

Have been on a handful of cruises but never on Princess and never in a penthouse suite. We're sailing on the Majestic Princess next year and booked a penthouse suite traveling the west coast.

What are some of the suite perks we should be sure to indulge in during our cruise?  We did upgrade to the Plus package.

Thanks for advice.

You can realize how Princess values you and your money, pick up the phone, order room service, and get charged $5 

How Princess can do this with a straight face, I'll never know 

Congrats on your suite. We've done the suites a few times and here are some of our thoughts.

1- Free Laundry...we actually start this on embarkation day as we get everything from our pre cruise stay cleaned. We use it several times during the cruise and always once toward the end (kind of eases the return laundry burden)

2-Suite Breakfast...this is a highlight (particularly the "happy juice"). As other posters indicated, the menu is just a jumping off point.

3- Suite Concierge Lounge...this is fantastic. They have a happy hour each night with free drinks (that don't count against you drink limits, lol). They had a suite party in this lounge one night, and they arranged a special event in Take 5 to meet the officers in an intimate environment.

4- Afternoon tea served in your suite

5- Last time we got free Chocolate Covered Strawberries on embarkation night

6- Priority Embarkation/Debarkation...getting on early is always nice

On 8/24/2023 at 8:19 PM, D1324tt said:

What are some of the suite perks we should be sure to indulge in during our cruise?  We did upgrade to the Plus package.

9 hours ago, antsp said:

You can realize how Princess values you and your money, pick up the phone, order room service, and get charged $5 

How Princess can do this with a straight face, I'll never know 

This response is not relevant to OP's question. OP will NOT be charged $5 for room service.

• Like 2