Penthouse suite must dos

D1324tt

On 8/31/2023 at 12:26 AM, J13C85 said:

Congrats on your suite. We've done the suites a few times and here are some of our thoughts.

1- Free Laundry...we actually start this on embarkation day as we get everything from our pre cruise stay cleaned. We use it several times during the cruise and always once toward the end (kind of eases the return laundry burden)

2-Suite Breakfast...this is a highlight (particularly the "happy juice"). As other posters indicated, the menu is just a jumping off point.

3- Suite Concierge Lounge...this is fantastic. They have a happy hour each night with free drinks (that don't count against you drink limits, lol). They had a suite party in this lounge one night, and they arranged a special event in Take 5 to meet the officers in an intimate environment.

4- Afternoon tea served in your suite

5- Last time we got free Chocolate Covered Strawberries on embarkation night

6- Priority Embarkation/Debarkation...getting on early is always nice

The afternoon tea and chocolate strawberries are no longer listed on the website as suite perks.  A few days ago they were listed.  

12 minutes ago, Citizenxnz said:

In a few weeks we are doing a 23 day South Pacific crossing. No package but in a suite.  I'm definitely going to get an answer then!

I'm in a suite on 30 Sep and I have the old Plus-50 package.  I too will keep the good folks here informed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I would imagine that most suite passengers have a package. 

Pretty presumptuous. Many people don't drink, I am one of them and sail in full suites. Many people are diabetic and can't drink, many people are Mormon and don't drink, Many people attend the friends of Bob and can't drink. My friends who we sail with also in suites don't drink.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

What’s a BDM?

I understand that this “might” not be fleet wide consistent.

I am waiting to hear of actual experiences verse what is written.  

I can’t believe that no suite passenger has reported back.  

Business Development Manager

This is my response from my CVP about the $5 room service fee in my full suite

Hello Ms. XOXO

It is very nice to hear from you!

There will be 5.00 charge for room service now for any food or beverage, sundries or retail items delivered to your stateroom.  if you have not purchased the plus or premier package.

There is no charge to change your mini fridge items to diet coke and there is no charge for ice, robes, towels, special needs and general room servicing needs.

I hope that helps?

Melissa

Melissa 

Cruise Vacation Planner

1-800-901-1172 ext. 

661-753-0303 ext. 

7:00am-5:00pm PT M-F

Guest Snaxmuppet
16 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Pretty presumptuous. Many people don't drink, I am one of them and sail in full suites. Many people are diabetic and can't drink, many people are Mormon and don't drink, Many people attend the friends of Bob and can't drink. My friends who we sail with also in suites don't drink.

Didn't say everybody had a package... I said most and I stick to that assumption based on my personal experience 🙂 

Guest Snaxmuppet

@voljeep What is funny about that? Am I not allowed to give my opinion based on my personal experiences? You might not agree and that is fine but why laugh at a perfect reasonable statement like that?

2 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

@voljeep What is funny about that? Am I not allowed to give my opinion based on my personal experiences? You might not agree and that is fine but why laugh at a perfect reasonable statement like that?

you had a smiley face, so I laughed along with you

I removed it ...

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

This is my response from my CVP about the $5 room service fee in my full suite

Hello Ms. XOXO

It is very nice to hear from you!

There will be 5.00 charge for room service now for any food or beverage, sundries or retail items delivered to your stateroom.  if you have not purchased the plus or premier package.

There is no charge to change your mini fridge items to diet coke and there is no charge for ice, robes, towels, special needs and general room servicing needs.

I hope that helps?

Melissa

Find it unusual that a suite booking still requires plus or premier.

This is why we cancelled one of our Princess cruises, and are sailing with SilverSea (all-inclusive, none of this nonsense).

Yeah it's different, but after binge-watching Love Boat (where the hell are those sized rooms?!?!), the boat size, passengers, and crew are nearly identical to the Pacific/Island Princess. Yet our SS boat was built in 2023...

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I don’t consider it all presumptuous.  The categories you list exist but their member number is small, particularly in reference to a 3000+ passenger cruise ship.  The percentage of cruise passengers who book a suite is small to start with and the percentage of those who fall into one of your categories will be very small.  I expect this is why so far on cruise critic we haven’t heard from anyone in a suite who does not have a package.  Someone in one of your categories will post eventually but they will definitely not be typical of suite passengers.

15 minutes ago, lindros2 said:

Find it unusual that a suite booking still requires plus or premier.

This is why we cancelled one of our Princess cruises, and are sailing with SilverSea (all-inclusive, none of this nonsense).

Yeah it's different, but after binge-watching Love Boat (where the hell are those sized rooms?!?!), the boat size, passengers, and crew are nearly identical to the Pacific/Island Princess. Yet our SS boat was built in 2023...

Our penthouse suites are nearly as big as my condo 

Thank you for your first hand account.  With your Plus Package 50 you would still need to "add" the service charges.  Please check with your concierge, Food and Beverage Manager, and/or Customer Service Officer to see if they have a policy.  

It's not the fee...it's the gall of Princess to require a service charge for something that is listed as a Suite Perk (MDR dining room in your own suite)

2 hours ago, Guindalf said:

We sail on Sunday on the Discovery in an accessible Penthouse suite, so I'll be able to report back then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for your first hand account.  With your Plus Package 50 you would still need to "add" the service charges.  Please check with your concierge, Food and Beverage Manager, and/or Customer Service Officer to see if they have a policy.  

It's not the fee...it's the gall of Princess to require a service charge for something that is listed as a Suite Perk (MDR dining room in your own suite)

Yes!  Even though I had already committed to a package I am irrationally angry they would charge $5 to get the MDR menu delivered if you were on standard fare. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teenieleek said:

P.S.  I’ve just checked, Mormons make up 1.7% of the U.S. population.  Extrapolate that to a cruise ship and……

Now how many in recovery, how many diabetics, and how many who just aren't so addicted to alcohol that they need 10 drinks a day? 

• Like 1

Though we have a suite for or next cruise in April (yes, too long away sadly), I don’t have a horse in this race because we have the Plus-60.

But because it was brought up, both of us gave up drinking alcohol a long time ago, so that isn’t the reason we got the Plus package. I (and likely nobody here on CC) has the true % of how many in suites have the package. I just assumed a majority in suites do have one of the packages (just my guess only).

I am in agreement that charging extra for MDR room service for a still published amenity of suites is poor forum. But then again, I don’t run the company 🙂 

Look forward in hearing first hand accounts soon.

Cheers Everyone!

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
12 minutes ago, photomikey said:

Now how many in recovery, how many diabetics, and how many who just aren't so addicted to alcohol that they need 10 drinks a day? 

I think that is rather insulting to many of us tbh. I take the package and use the drinks component to its full potential but that doesn't mean I "need" any of the drinks. In fact, I rarely drink alcohol at home and if I do it is one or two at the weekend. But when on board I let my hair down so to speak and have fun.

Just because you take a drinks package it does make you an alcoholic.

46 minutes ago, photomikey said:

The package isn't just alcohol. Who are you to judge the person in recovery, the Mormon, diabetic who finds value in the package beyond alcohol? Who are you to say all people in the package need 10 drinks a day?  The package is about convenience not alcoholism. 

Guest Snaxmuppet
6 minutes ago, photomikey said:

Just because you don't take the drink package doesn't make you some kind of rarity. 

May be not... but in suites I think it might be. I have no evidence of that except my own personal experience 🙂 

Edited by Snaxmuppet

When I book a cruise with Princess, I have done it from insides to suites.  Depending on the ports (intensive), number of sea days, etc, I may or may not purchase a beverage package.  It was fine at $50 and usually did it for the convenience.  But when in a suite/elite, there's plenty to keep me hydrated.  My next cruise is without.  The cruise after that is with.

It's not such a bargain when you are Elite or Suite since Princess does not take into consideration either or.  Princess really needs to consider a percentage break for Elite passengers since we are "entitled" to a 50% discount on Medallion Net. 

That's a whopping $7.50 per day that we are being charged "extra" for a package more than the ordinary passenger.  They are "making" 12.5% more for each elite.  Just give us a 10% reduction or $5 off each day.  I can live with that.  Over a one week cruise, they pocket $52.50.  

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

When I book a cruise with Princess, I have done it from insides to suites.  Depending on the ports (intensive), number of sea days, etc, I may or may not purchase a beverage package.  It was fine at $50 and usually did it for the convenience.  But when in a suite/elite, there's plenty to keep me hydrated.  My next cruise is without.  The cruise after that is with.

It's not such a bargain when you are Elite or Suite since Princess does not take into consideration either or.  Princess really needs to consider a percentage break for Elite passengers since we are "entitled" to a 50% discount on Medallion Net. 

That's a whopping $7.50 per day that we are being charged "extra" for a package more than the ordinary passenger.  They are "making" 12.5% more for each elite.  Just give us a 10% reduction or $5 off each day.  I can live with that.  Over a one week cruise, they pocket $52.50.  

This is one of the reasons we don't bother with a package.  The numbers simply don't justify it for us.

• Like 2