Who to contact to get Covid FCC

clan

On a cruise in May, my partner got Covid late in the cruise.  He was told by Guest Services that he would receive FCC’s for the two days he was in isolation.  I emailed Customer Relations in June and again in July and have heard nothing except for their automated reply.  Does anyone know who/what department would be able to help with this?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, clan said:

On a cruise in May, my partner got Covid late in the cruise.  He was told by Guest Services that he would receive FCC’s for the two days he was in isolation.  I emailed Customer Relations in June and again in July and have heard nothing except for their automated reply.  Does anyone know who/what department would be able to help with this?

Thanks.

If he was tested positive by medical then you would have a paper from them to confirm Covid. If you did not contact medical there will be no FCC

We did contact medical, but we were not given any documentation from the nurse.  I know this will be an uphill battle, but I’d like to know if there is some department we should be contacting other than customer relations.

41 minutes ago, clan said:

We did contact medical, but we were not given any documentation from the nurse.  I know this will be an uphill battle, but I’d like to know if there is some department we should be contacting other than customer relations.

That is odd every time I have been tested by medical on ship or seen medical personnel for X-rays etc  I have always gotten a printed summary for my doctors records and reimbursement 

4 minutes ago, flying boat said:

If you had Princess insurance you need to submit thru AON, I think it is under trip interruption.  I would also keep emailing, maybe directly to corporate officers.

Without documentation it is going to be very hard to get compensation   I have always gotten my Covid FCC from customer relations and even with documentation it took months

21 minutes ago, flying boat said:

It did take months after submitting thru AON and sending emails, but no one ask for documentation which I did have.

The ship has a copy also but they have been known to lose them. That happened to me in March and I was glad I had my copy. Seems like I get Covid every 2-3 cruises. Hoping September-October cruise is disease free

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

I was on the Sky in February and tested positive on day 6 of a 7 day cruise. The medical center confirmed with their own test and asked us to isolate for the last day and call the medical center if we had an urgent medical need. We were not too sick, fortunately.

A little  later two letters were slipped under our door confirming the posative test with instructions to isolate for 5 days and then mask for another 5 days. (the cdc guidelines at the time} and  also a separate letter from guest services stating that we would each receive a  credit of $44.00 to be used for a future cruise and to look on our Princess.com account and it should post withing 30 days along with a dining room menu since we could not leave the cabin.

I didn't see the credit on line, but a few weeks later I called in to make final payment on a different cruise, the CSR was able to find the credit and apply it to the balance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flying boat said:

If you have a PVP maybe see if they can be of any help.

My TA has told me before, that she is unable to help me out since she is not licensed to deal with insurance claims.

2 hours ago, clan said:

I learned a lot from these boards.  I was told to make sure that I had a copy of my medical records ($28.00).  When I filed my recent claim with AON...I submitted my booking invoice, my medical records, my copy of my final folio showing that I paid the medical center.

I also had to submit a claim to Medicare and my secondary company.  AON will pay any claims denied or partially paid by either.  

I just spoke to an AON agent today by phone.  She confirmed that she is waiting to hear back from Princess confirming my daily cruise fare and isolate dates.  These dates were noted on my Medical Record.  AON will be the one cutting a check for my isolation (not getting FCC).  It will take longer to resolves the medical fees since I am dealing with Medicare.

Without the mentioned documents, it will be very difficult to make a claim.  I was told by CC members NOT to walk off the ship without everything in print.  

I am sorry I can not direct you to the appropriate department.  I wish you luck and patience.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.  I knew about not leaving the ship without documentation, but I didn’t think about it at the time.  We didn’t have any expenses, just hoping to get that FCC!

3 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

$44 per person seems pretty chintzy when you had COVID for 1.5 days--and you actually did the right thing by reporting it!

The FCC is based on the cruise price divided by the cruise days.  It excludes taxes, port fees, etc.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

$44 per person seems pretty chintzy when you had COVID for 1.5 days--and you actually did the right thing by reporting it!

it was $44.00  for each of us  I wasn't really expecting anything at all, but the credit was welcome!

As for doing the right thing to report it, I did feel it was the right thing to do. I  suspect that there are many who would not have done so. 

We were only  quarantined for1 day and they took care of us by checking in on us to make sure we were ok and provided dining room menus for room service meals. 

There was no charge for the medical center service of testing in the cabin so no $$$ out of pocket as we were able to drive home from the pier. 

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

The FCC is based on the cruise price divided by the cruise days.  It excludes taxes, port fees, etc.   

Also excludes insurance and beverage package.  They would be reimbursed for one night.  Documentation is required to file a claim.  If they just reported it and did not visit the Medical Center for verification, they may be out of luck.

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2023 at 4:43 PM, clan said:

Thanks.

Did your partner ever get the FCC?

On 8/25/2023 at 7:56 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

... It will take longer to resolves the medical fees since I am dealing with Medicare. ...

I always wondered if our Medicare covered us while we're on a cruise. Here's what I found out.

Original Medicare (Parts A & B) may cover medically necessary health care services on a cruise ship, if the ship you’re on when you receive the care is in a U.S. port or no more than 6 hours away from one when you get the services. That means the ship can be in the water, but must be within six hours of a U.S. port. Also, the doctor must be legally allowed to provide medical services on a cruise ship.

Original Medicare will not cover any care you get on a ship that’s more than six hours from a U.S. port, even if it’s an emergency.

Does Medicare cover you on a cruise ship? | UnitedHealthcare (uhc.com)

@Ken the cruiser All the above is true...except for me.  It wasn't until we left Bar Harbor, ME, that I decided to seek treatment...while ported in Saint John, Nb.  Hence, my need to get Medicare to "deny" my claim...forward it on to my secondary who may/may not reimburse, before I can FINALLY submit it to AON.  

The good, is that my checking account has already received the reimbursement for trip cancellation (minutes after filling out online form).  AND medical center was "paid" with non-refundable OBC which I will be back as "cash".  This money/bill is very small compared to the trip interruption refund I received since I was in a suite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did your partner ever get the FCC?

Yes, he did.  We sent a third request email to Customer Relations with a copy to Collin Steinke (csteinke), who is the Director of Customer Relations.  That same night we got a call from someone in the On Board Experience Dept.  She processed the FCC with no additional documentation required from us.  We were very pleased and surprised!

4 minutes ago, clan said:

Yes, he did.  We sent a third request email to Customer Relations with a copy to Collin Steinke (csteinke), who is the Director of Customer Relations.  That same night we got a call from someone in the On Board Experience Dept.  She processed the FCC with no additional documentation required from us.  We were very pleased and surprised!

Awesome!

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Also, the doctor must be legally allowed to provide medical services on a cruise ship.

And this sentence above…

I sure hope the Doctor is legally allowed to provide medical care…

on a cruise ship…

😳