LOL! I asked for it! Cabin 9089

Jose Zalfadilla

New to Celebrity, though not to cruising. I wanted to try this line for the first time and booked a cabin I would never have booked in the past, whatever the cost. So, I took one of the 2 remaining Aqua Class cabins left on this particular cruise (11-nite Canary Islands, Morocco, Spain) this November, knowing full well it would be right beneath Deck 10 and the main pool area. Whatever the noise level from shuffling deck chairs, so be it. I've slept thru more noise than I might expect at this location. But, humor me, just how much noise can actually filter thru or penetrate into 9089 from the activities above me? I'll have other questions about my upcoming booking, though not on this thread.

Check it out on cruisedeckplans.com on the public site. It has all the ships from all mainstream lines. You can drag and drop one deck onto another to see what's directly above and below you. There are also red stars that indicate cabins with problems (and green ones with things like extra large balconies). We've stayed in Aqua class cabins under the pool deck and haven't had any issues but haven't stayed there on Infinity. We try to stay as close to the beginning or end of the pool deck as possible to minimize the amount of movement above us, but haven't been bothered. I'd try to avoid being under the gym and treadmills and weights more than worry about the chairs though. 

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Infinity, I believe.  There will be some noise from moving of loungers on the deck above.  EM

Yeah, I expect at least some lounger legs rubbing on the deck. But I've slept thru many times worse. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

But, humor me, just how much noise can actually filter thru or penetrate into 9089 from the activities above me?

Check the M class cabin review thread that's pinned to the top of page 1. There should be some comments about your cabin or those that are in the same vicinity.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Check it out on cruisedeckplans.com on the public site. It has all the ships from all mainstream lines. You can drag and drop one deck onto another to see what's directly above and below you. There are also red stars that indicate cabins with problems (and green ones with things like extra large balconies). We've stayed in Aqua class cabins under the pool deck and haven't had any issues but haven't stayed there on Infinity. We try to stay as close to the beginning or end of the pool deck as possible to minimize the amount of movement above us, but haven't been bothered. I'd try to avoid being under the gym and treadmills and weights more than worry about the chairs though. 

• Thanks 1

We enjoy Blu but it depends on the cost difference for us. Sometimes doing veranda with some specialty dining makes more sense. On M-class ships the Aqua class and Concierge Class cabins are larger. (We never pay much extra for Concierge since those benefits don't amount to much.)

Edited by Luvcrusn

Being under the gym is not bad, IF you check the deck plans and book the cabins that are under the hair salon, those are very quiet. Also, there are a few cabins under the buffet area, near the entrance, this area is carpeted so the chairs don’t scrape on the floor. There are also AQ cabins that are above the buffet, those are really quiet.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

We enjoy Blu but it depends on the cost difference for us. Sometimes doing veranda with some specialty dining makes more sense. On M-class ships the Aqua class and Concierge Class cabins are larger. (We never pay much extra for Concierge since those benefits don't amount to much.)

Thank you for your info! It’s been a couple of decades since we went on Celebrity, so we are really unfamiliar with the line. Hoping to go to the ABC islands on the Eclipse, but it’s just a hope right now!

• Like 1

And just to be sure no noise bothers you, you can pack a bluetooth eye mask!  Then no matter what is going on outside your cabin you can sleep through it all!  I just bought an eye mask head set myself.  I always sleep with a sound machine which blocks out a lot of noise, but I decided to try the eye mask/head set combo to see if I like that even better.  When I traveled with our son years ago he complained about the garbage collectors making a lot of noise outside in the middle of the night (Barcelona), but I slept through it all with my white noise in the background.  Won't travel any where without it now!

• Thanks 2

We were on the Summit Feb 2016 & 2020 both on the 9th deck below the pool.  2016 didn't hear anything. In 2020 I think I heard some chairs moving 1 morning but I was already awake (6 am ish).  So it wasn't a problem for us.  If you're a late sleeper it might be a problem.

Lorie

• Thanks 2

We have sailed Summit 3 times, twice in 9086.    Noise was a non issue.   Sure, once in a while you’d hear a chair scrape on the deck above but nothing to create a negative effect.     We love the overhang.   It doesn’t  affect view and it allows you to use the balcony in almost any weather, except driving rain.   It’s near midship so ship movement is minimal.   Next time on summit we’ll try and book this room again. 

Edited by zdad59
  • Thanks 1