"Secret" cabins

Midnatsluskeren

On 8/30/2023 at 8:52 PM, jamesv92 said:

Always wondered about 10374 A & Z sea view cabins. They look massive on the deck plan, be interested to know if that's the case?

We stayed in 11366Z on Valiant and it wasn't a very good cabin. Weird triangular shape and the bed and the desk were too close together to easily walk round. So I think the floorplans for the 'front corner' cabins are quite misleading. 

On 8/30/2023 at 1:41 PM, CineGraphic said:

Having stayed in a few obstructed view cabins nearby, 8026A has become our go-to cabin.

It's unobstructed, and we love just being a flight of stairs away from The Dock, and the aft-views.

We also love the aft elevators as they're never as busy as the mid-ship elevators.

Since the cabins are assigned by VV, do you call and switch to this cabin? We are by the elevators and would like to move down a bit.

49 minutes ago, delynn72 said:

Since the cabins are assigned by VV, do you call and switch to this cabin? We are by the elevators and would like to move down a bit.

Yes, you can request a different cabin. If you booked directly with Virgin, call them. If you used a TA, have them call on your behalf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, delynn72 said:

Cabins are assigned by the computer only if you book for yourself on line.  You can request a specific cabin if you rebook while on board, book thru a TA, or book by calling VV directly.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 4:50 PM, ChickpeaHB said:

We stayed in 11366Z on Valiant and it wasn't a very good cabin. Weird triangular shape and the bed and the desk were too close together to easily walk round. So I think the floorplans for the 'front corner' cabins are quite misleading. 

Hi ChickPeaHB do you have any pictures of the cabin? We have been allocated this on Resilient Lady next year. Many thanks

On 9/10/2023 at 9:05 AM, cantgetin said:

Cabins are assigned by the computer only if you book for yourself on line.  You can request a specific cabin if you rebook while on board, book thru a TA, or book by calling VV directly.

Where can you see which cabins are available Iif you aren’t a TA)?

8 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

There are some non-VV web sites owned by TAs that show availability.  I suspect that we aren't allowed to post them here just as we are not allowed to give information about TAs.  What I would do is worry less about a specific cabin and what is available and approach it from "I want one of these decks and this basic ship location and cabin type.  What is available"   That works whether you are using a TA or talking with a VV rep on the phone.  If you are rebooking on board, that agent can let you see their computer screen to see exactly what is available.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

I don't think the link is allowed but google "American Discount Cruises"

It's not the easiest site to navigate, but in their booking engine you can see available cabins.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, librarylady19 said:

A method that I use to see what's available on a particular sailing is to go through the booking until it gets to the point where it shows you "your cabin"... Next, open up another browser window and repeat the process. 

I've done this in order to find something that fits my needs, such as "not above the nightclub" or "with cabins above and below", which would be the only thing I'd book. I've had as many as a dozen or more windows open at once, and selected the cabin I wanted...

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 1:41 PM, CineGraphic said:

Having stayed in a few obstructed view cabins nearby, 8026A has become our go-to cabin.

It's unobstructed, and we love just being a flight of stairs away from The Dock, and the aft-views.

We also love the aft elevators as they're never as busy as the mid-ship elevators.

Super excited Im assigned to room 8026A. Was thinking about putting in for an upgrade but sounds like i better keep it. Does the rooms come with small wash cloths i know some people dont shower with washcloths but i do

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:13 PM, FFMilesJunkie said:

The accessible Sea Terraces have the same footprint as the seriously suite but none of the bells and whistles.  However they are fully accessible which means roll in shower with curtain and ramp to balcony.  You will sometimes be assigned one if you have a Lock It In rate and they were not booked by those who require them.  I would not want to take one away from someone who truly needs it, but you might be able to ask at check in if any are going out empty and see if they will move you. 

We had a friend who got one of these on Valiant over Thanksgiving and the room was really dirty. So much so she had to request another room. It was not a pretty sight. I would not want one of these to be honest. 

On 8/30/2023 at 11:24 AM, Midnatsluskeren said:

Apart from suites (which I can't afford), are there any "secret" especially desirable cabins on Virgin Voyages' ships?

Henrik

The triangular Sea View cabins up front intrigue me. They look like very interesting cabins. And the Limited View Sea Terrace is a much better view than I expected. I visited a fellow Sailor's cabin on the Valiant to have a look and the lifeboat basically blocks you from looking down into the water, But otherwise it's a really good view out from those balconies. The lifeboats are further away from the balcony than I thought they were. 

• Like 3

OK...we have always had small wash cloths in the cabin.  Most recently, we have had bar soap; a few cruises ago it was supplied when we asked for it.

As my travel companion required an HA cabin, we always have one.  Yes, they are bigger and have features that people with mobility impairment need (roll in shower with shower seat, curtain on shower, not door, ramp to balcony), bars at toilet and shower, emergency notification buttons.  They are also missing some features that standard cabins have--there is no shelf under the sink so that a wheelchair can have space to pull up to the sink, for example.  We've certainly never found our assigned cabin to be dirty, but I've read of this happening to others, whether it was an HA or regular cabin.  No explanation for why, but in each case the individual was moved to a clean and ready cabin.

On 8/31/2023 at 11:42 AM, raphael360 said:

My Rockstar suite on 14, under the pool, didn’t go well on Scarlet Night. I’m surprised VV designed their ships with some of their best suites in such a noisy location. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. 

I just booked a suite on 14 and "may" be rolling the dice a little.  I called up to make the booking so I could try to book one of the front two suites.  I was able to get the 2nd one from the front, so it appears to be under one of the mega rockstar suites.  I'm guessing the bass from Scarlet Night might still carry, but hopefully the lounge chair setup in the morning will not.

I enjoyed the aft suite we had on deck 9 recently.  You get a view of both sides of the ship, so no matter what side of the ship the port is on, you get a view of it.  At night, they have lights on back of the ship, so looking at the "blue" wake off the balcony was a nice "at sea" view.  It really worked out pretty well as a room, and it was the 2nd cheapest suite on the cruise.  It's the smallest actual room size of the suites, but for the time we would spend in there the space was more than enough.

(I know OP said aside from suites, but just throwing this out there as an upgrade recommendation since it's one of the cheapest upgrade bids you can make).

Edited by Tralfaz1138
  • Like 1