Carnival Horizon IMAX

matymil

We were there in July, so the movies probably will be different.  But, they were not new movies, and the price was expensive.  

They did have a few of the science short movies, and they were less expensive (comparable to what you would pay at the museum or Kennedy space center). However, the times were always when we would rather be doing something else. Only a couple of showings per day, at most.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We were there in July, so the movies probably will be different.  But, they were not new movies, and the price was expensive.  

They did have a few of the science short movies, and they were less expensive (comparable to what you would pay at the museum or Kennedy space center). However, the times were always when we would rather be doing something else. Only a couple of showings per day, at most.

Did you ever go? I just can't imagine this as a revenue driver for Carnival. I have to figure they want to replace them with something else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skywalkr2 said:

Did you ever go? I just can't imagine this as a revenue driver for Carnival. I have to figure they want to replace them with something else.

We didn't go. 

The theater is right across from the entrance to Circle C.  I asked my 14 year old, and he said he never saw anyone ever go in there. 

The thrill theater is also in there, but that didn't have a single show the entire cruise. I don't think that reopened after COVID.

There's a reason they didn't put the IMAX on the Panarama.

• Like 2

Clearly it really depends on the movies being shown.  I wonder if they can keep these big crowd favorites past the time they are "new".  If so that might help in times like this when the number of IMAX filmed movies being released is less.

We went on the Horizon twice as shown in my signature.  Both times, the IMAX had first run movies and the hottest new movies as they came out (meaning the blockbuster tent pole movies).   Prices were $9.95-$13.95 which is about the same or cheaper than land based ones.   No showing was packed but all had 1/3 or more seats filled and I mainly went to afternoon shows.   Thoroughly enjoyed it!   

• Like 3