Live from the Pride Greenland and Canada…and a little dance with Idalia

jimbo5544

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

This captain is pretty young (relatively speaking) and quite an interesting guy.  I was very impressed.  He spoke VERY highly of rhe Coast Guard (medical wvac) He said they had a briefing, the y told him what they wanted, he complied and said it was amazing a ship doing 20 knots with 25  knot winds and 10 fr seas and the copter never waivered a bit 

He's certainly getting plenty of experience at helicopter evacuations, there were two on the August Greenland cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

This captain is pretty young (relatively speaking) and quite an interesting guy.  I was very impressed.  He spoke VERY highly of rhe Coast Guard (medical wvac) He said they had a briefing, the y told him what they wanted, he complied and said it was amazing a ship doing 20 knots with 25  knot winds and 10 fr seas and the copter never waivered a bit 

Yeah and a non-Italian captain!?!?! The blasphemy! Lol. Our captain on Miracle back in June was not Italian either. His name was Pero something-another eastern European. Too many consonants and not enough vowels in his last name.

Edited by stobe1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Nice! Al fresco with the sliding dome closed! Must be pretty echo-y in there lol. The menu looks interesting.

Any itinerary updates yet?

Nope, rainy and foggy today.  Been keeping my wyes on those “other” storms and how they might affect us down the road.  Expected something yesterday, I am sure something will be announced today.  

• Like 3

Just now, shof515 said:

The Legend is between Nova Scotia and Newfoundland . AIS data shows the destination as Baltimore. its a mystery where it is going to dock tomorrow 

image.png.c95fd5be845cc1d3f08bd9a910d7a614.png

It currently is a mystery to us. I am sure the Captain will not forget this cruise, nor will we.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, groundloop said:

He's certainly getting plenty of experience at helicopter evacuations, there were two on the August Greenland cruise.

As I mentioned, he glowed about the US Coast Guard.  Something we should all be proud of.   That, and the fact that a friend/neighbor and HS classmate was our over achiever (it was the 70’s)😉 and was the Commandant of the Coast Guard and on the Joint Chiefs of Staff 

• Like 6

Couple thoughts on the tech operations talk the other day.  First of all, I got the distinct impression of how much a team they were.  A question was asked of what they did in their spare time.  Sleep was number one, followed by using whatsapp to communicate with family number two and spend time together number three.  
There was another on how much fuel and how long could they sail.  The answer was 800 tons and easily sail for 20+ days depending on speed and other factors.  
The Captain spoke about one engineer (Mexican nationality I beleive) who was his Macgyver, and could fix or do work around for any problem, and they frequently contracted together.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Yeah and a non-Italian captain!?!?! The blasphemy! Lol. Our captain on Miracle back in June was not Italian either. His name was Pero something-another eastern European. Too many consonants and not enough vowels in his last name.

He was definitely raised in Italy!  It's actually quite surprising once he starts to speak because he has an Irish father and an Italian mother, so his name does not sound Italian, and I think that he probably favors his father's side of the family in appearance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wxtrix said:

so sorry you missed Greenland but i’m glad everyone is safe.

fwiw, cruisemapper.com has you are headed to Corner Brook. the site was pretty accurate during the August sailing.

IMG_4383.png

We just for an update an hour ago.  Corner Brook tomorrow, sea day, St Anthony, Sidney, sea day Halifax 2 sea days Baltimore.  I 🤔 think

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

He was definitely raised in Italy!  It's actually quite surprising once he starts to speak because he has an Irish father and an Italian mother, so his name does not sound Italian, and I think that he probably favors his father's side of the family in appearance.

Thanks for that makes sense.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

We just for an update an hour ago.  Corner Brook tomorrow, sea day, St Anthony, Sidney, sea day Halifax 2 sea days Baltimore.  I 🤔 think

i hope you sail into some clear skies and warm weather for those ports. thanks for the photos and updates and the reminder that it's always fun to be cruising.