Continental Breakfast room service

elliotlake12

No. $4.95 fee for continental breakfast (plus 20% gratuity).

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $9.95 USD will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Havenwill not attract a charge)*. A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added for non-complimentary beverages and special occasion items.

Edited by Bequia
Gratuity note
  • Thanks 3

There's conflicting information out there. One of the FAQ's says the morning coffee and continental breakfast are FREE, others say $4.95. (N/A for Haven guests) I'd love to hear from recent cruisers about what's actually happening on board, not that it matters that much. $4.95 for breakfast seems incredibly cheap!

Just now, 1025cruise said:

Why pay $4.95 for breakfast, when going to the MDR or buffet is free?

Why go to specialty dining when the buffet or MDR is free? Why go ashore and spend money for a beer at a bar at the port while you get get free beer on the ship?

Because... it is a fun thing to do whilst on vacation. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Why pay $4.95 for breakfast, when going to the MDR or buffet is free?

It's a good question. Here's why: room service means: no waiting in line, no trouble finding a seat, no having to get dressed, no worrying that someone in front of you grabs all the remaining bacon, no having to settle for lukewarm scrambled eggs, etc. You're paying for convenience and not having to deal with the crowds. (We typically order room service when we have an early docking and need to get to an excursion)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

There's conflicting information out there. One of the FAQ's says the morning coffee and continental breakfast are FREE, others say $4.95. (N/A for Haven guests) I'd love to hear from recent cruisers about what's actually happening on board, not that it matters that much. $4.95 for breakfast seems incredibly cheap!

I sailed Joy 7/23 and the breakfast was $4.95 + 20% gratuity regardless of how much you ordered.

I had some obc so we did it twice and it was very nice.

I like to use the breakfast card as a sort of wake up call.

I'll put 7am and we'll get up when we get that knock on the door.

• Like 1

Used to be no fee for the continental menu,now a fee for that?

not talking the hot items menu

we used to get just coffee and pastries, if they,re gonna charge $4.95 for that alone, we'll get our own elsewhere

(club balcony suite on Escape)

Edited by elliotlake12

1 hour ago, elliotlake12 said:

Used to be no fee for the continental menu,now a fee for that?

not talking the hot items menu

we used to get just coffee and pastries, if they,re gonna charge $4.95 for that alone, we'll get our own elsewhere

(club balcony suite on Escape)

You're charged for any type of breakfast delivery - pastries, cereal, coffee, milk, omelette, etc. Anything, unless in a Haven suite. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I sailed Joy 7/23 and the breakfast was $4.95 + 20% gratuity regardless of how much you ordered.

I had some obc so we did it twice and it was very nice.

I like to use the breakfast card as a sort of wake up call.

I'll put 7am and we'll get up when we get that knock on the door.

Thank you, @bkrickles1! We also got some OBC courtesy of our TA, so we'll probably use some of that to buy breakfast one morning.

1 hour ago, Twocoasts said:

We sailed a week ago and it was $4.95. But...if you pay for their Priority Access boarding pass, you get free breakfast delivery. It actually came on time the two times we ordered prior to early excursions. 

Thank you for this. I don't see Priority Access as being offered on our upcoming cruise, so I don't know if that's been phased out or only offered selectively.

22 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

You're charged for any type of breakfast delivery - pastries, cereal, coffee, milk, omelette, etc. Anything, unless in a Haven suite. 

Is it "haven" suite, or just suite.  We'll be in a 2 BR suite on the Pearl soon, we were able to order breakfast without a  fee in that suite on the Dawn.

2 minutes ago, Sea saw 56 said:

Is it "haven" suite, or just suite.  We'll be in a 2 BR suite on the Pearl soon, we were able to order breakfast without a  fee in that suite on the Dawn.

According to Norwegian's website only the Haven receives included room service. If you were in a non-Haven Suite and didn't have to pay, count yourself as one who benefited from NCL's inconsistencies. 

image.png.f2e3d8ee33cefc9f964b62ab33e9b589.png

Source: https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#norwegian-cruise-line-now-charging-room-service

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thank you, @bkrickles1! We also got some OBC courtesy of our TA, so we'll probably use some of that to buy breakfast one morning.

Thank you for this. I don't see Priority Access as being offered on our upcoming cruise, so I don't know if that's been phased out or only offered selectively.

It's offered when you check in. I don't know why you can't buy it sooner.

3 minutes ago, Twocoasts said:

It's offered when you check in. I don't know why you can't buy it sooner.

Interesting, thank you. We purchased Priority Access only once before, prior to the cruise*. However, due to Covid-related protocols, NCL cancelled the Priority Access and gave us our money back. This was in 2021. I figured if they didn't show it as an option, they just weren't doing it anymore. I will look out for this when I check in next month. Any other perks, like priority embarkation, tendering, etc.?

*IIRC, we were allowed to perform most of the check-in procedures far ahead of the now 21 days prior. So maybe it *was* offered at check-in, but that occurred much earlier than it does now (if that makes sense).

15 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Any other perks, like priority embarkation, tendering, etc.?

Yes--Priority Check in at the Pier; Priority Boarding, tendering, I think you get sparkling wine (we never drink it), disembarking and a $50 per person spa credit that can only be used on port days.

3 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

When we recently checked in (at the 21 day mark, right at midnight EDT), we weren't offered the priority embarkation, though I have heard of others on our sailing being offered it.  I wonder if it was because we had the earliest available arrival time?

You were simply selecting a time to arrive at the port!

Your actual embarkation will be called in the terminal following the script that NCL gives to the port folks.

Edited by ggTexasGal
correction

21 minutes ago, elliotlake12 said:

anywhere else to grab a coffee,other than Buffet or pay for Starbucks,early morning?

At 6am you'll find coffee set up at Spice H2O and on the Waterfront. 

Really nice quiet spots for some coffee and watching the ocean go by. 

• Like 1