Luggage lost since Aug 21st

7SeasLover

5 hours ago, 7SeasLover said:

NCL booked our air. United connecting to Scandinavian Airlines. Insurance was NCL. We are not sure but luggage was probably lost by Scandinavian Airlines. 

NCL and United and Scandinavian.....NCL Insurance..... wow, your luggage can be anywhere.

Normally, it would be an airline issue and responsibility and they should be paying you. Since United was the first airline, I suspect it is up to them to find the luggage or pay for it's contents

Good luck.

Have faith you might eventually get it back (although won't help on your cruise). Dylan Dryer of the Today Show finally recovered her luggage at the airport, 5 weeks after the airline lost it. She said JFK airport's storage luggage place had tons of luggage when she went there.

Was your ticket issued under United or both? Who did you file a lost luggage claim with, when you discovered it?  I would file a claim with that airline. Sorry to hear about it.

Wow, so sorry you are dealing with this...on an extended trip no less. 

Regarding insurance claims, if you paid by credit card, select ones cover such things.  The one I use is Chase Sapphire.  Hopefully you have something like this.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, fredflint said:

I cannot stress enough the value of using a tracker of some kind in your luggage. Very cheap insurance to know where you luggage is located.

Nice to know but doesn't do any good about getting it back.

8 hours ago, zqvol said:

Nice to know but doesn't do any good about getting it back.

Exactly.  A co-worker of mine had his United flight canceled the Friday evening of Memorial Day weekend AFTER they were already sitting on the plane! They spent 3 hours at the airport trying to reschedule but ended up going home. Unfortunately, their luggage had already been placed on a different flight and went to Boston. Took them 5 weeks to get their bags back. It would have been quicker to fly to Boston the following weekend, pick them up at the terminal and fly home. 

If the airline lost it they will have the best coverage to replace your contents. Have you saved receipts of your purchases of essentials? You can claim reasonable amounts of clothing, toiletries, or shoes purchased etc. Did you file with the airline right away stating the luggage was lost? This should be done immediately at the airport if the airline lost it (or delayed).

Airline has misplaced my luggage many times but only once that I had to put in a claim. It was missing for 3 weeks on my way to a major business trip. Now I have AirTags in every single bag including carry ons and even my purse. 

keep in mind how much the airline will cover is based on which countries your traveling between. Don’t depend on the airline to tell you, know your air passengers rights and get what your owed.

We immediately went with the NCL reps to file a claim for lost luggage before we left the airport in Copenhagen. The airline rep tracked the luggage tag and said our luggage was currently in Chicago on its way to Copenhagen. When we go to the hotel we googled and saw 3 flights from Chicago to Copenhagen and were quite relieved. 

we don’t know what happened after that. I received msg this morning from Scandinavian Air saying our luggage is in Edinburgh and that they were sending it to my home dress. 

Today we board the Queen Mary 2 for a transatlantic to NY. 

• Like 1