Fort Lauderdale - Hyatt House vs Hyatt House?

DaveOKC

Normally we stay at the Hyatt Place 17th Street but this time may move to the Dania area.  There is a Hyatt Place there and across from it is the Hyatt House.  The rates for our stay are the same for our stay, so which of these two Dania locations would you select?

We've stayed at both in Dania. Hyatt Place is akin to the Hyatt at 17th. At times the Dania location has been less $$, so we book there. Last fall we opted for Hyatt House as we were traveling with my sister who wanted her own room. Since we were staying 3 nights pre-cruise, I opted for House and got a two bedroom, two full bath, [3 tv's] suite for less than two individual rooms. Our suite had a fully equipped kitchen with small dining table, and traditional Hyatt living room with L-style sofa. The hotel never charged us to park the car, had a nice buffet breakfast, small "snack/notions store" adjacent to the check in desk, full bar and ample seating. Only draw-back according to DH, he had to go across the street for his favorite warm chocolate chip cookie to Hyatt Place. I thought the elevators were slow. 

Darcy

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 2:50 PM, DaveOKC said:

Very good general information, thank you.  Do you have any input on the two locations in Dania Beach area?

They are right across the street from one another.  I overnighted at Hyatt Place in Feb.  I had a huge room.  There are tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance.  

20230224_224346.jpg

On 9/4/2023 at 9:41 AM, WatchHill said:

We've stayed at both in Dania. Hyatt Place is akin to the Hyatt at 17th. At times the Dania location has been less $$, so we book there. Last fall we opted for Hyatt House as we were traveling with my sister who wanted her own room. Since we were staying 3 nights pre-cruise, I opted for House and got a two bedroom, two full bath, [3 tv's] suite for less than two individual rooms. Our suite had a fully equipped kitchen with small dining table, and traditional Hyatt living room with L-style sofa. The hotel never charged us to park the car, had a nice buffet breakfast, small "snack/notions store" adjacent to the check in desk, full bar and ample seating. Only draw-back according to DH, he had to go across the street for his favorite warm chocolate chip cookie to Hyatt Place. I thought the elevators were slow. 

Darcy

Thank you so much for this, I was able to book the 2bed suite for our group of 4adults 3 kids for less than 2 regular hotel rooms at the Best Western near the beach.    Being close to Dania Pointe is Plus…the kids always need stuff last minute 

• Like 1