Free Burgers??

Scubadoc

15 hours ago, doghog said:

Thank you. I don't know what you would do. What I do is step aside and let others thru. When the cook finishes my order he calls out to me, hands me my plate with 'burger and I move on.  😁

I wouldn't do it at all.. The time that the cook spends preparing your 'custom order' is time that could/should be spend assisting others. Meantime those others are waiting for the cook to finish preparing your order, before he can assist them.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hogbay said:

D+ get 5 us$ drinks per day . Cruse is in US dollars .burgers are fair at best . Carnival in au$ and have guys burgers with out swiping card . Is that free 🤔🤣🤣🤣

Nope... not 'free'. Once again, you paid for that burger many times over up front in your cruise fare. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp. 😉

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I wouldn't do it at all.. The time that the cook spends preparing your 'custom order' is time that could/should be spend assisting others. Meantime those others are waiting for the cook to finish preparing your order, before he can assist them.

I wouldn't wear a fedora. To each their own. When I get a "free" 'burger the cooks have no issues while cooking other "free" 'burgers. Couple of flips and off the grill. And the people I allow to line cut appreciate it. Obviously something more you would whine about. 🙃

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

I wouldn't wear a fedora. To each their own. When I get a "free" 'burger the cooks have no issues while cooking other "free" 'burgers. Couple of flips and off the grill. And the people I allow to line cut appreciate it. Obviously something more you would whine about. 🙃

Are you sure that burger was "free" and not free?  You may have exceeded your "free" allotment, so it is possible that it was actually free.  😛

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Are you sure that burger was "free" and not free?  You may have exceeded your "free" allotment, so it is possible that it was actually free.  😛

It was not only "free" but unlimited free 'burgers along with free toppings and free french fries. I paid for the beer as I didn't want to use one of my free CAS drinks.  🤪

20 minutes ago, doghog said:

It was not only "free" but unlimited free 'burgers along with free toppings and free french fries. I paid for the beer as I didn't want to use one of my free CAS drinks.  🤪

The CAS drinks are "free", not free (unless you are gifted someone else's voucher).  🙃

Just now, doghog said:

I could only be so lucky. 😛🍻

One night we were out of vouchers for a nightcap, so another couple (that we met on the cruise) was going to gift us drinks.  Placed the order and the bartender said it's a new day (12:02 when vouchers expired at 12 midnight).  😞  Another guy at the bar heard the conversation, said he'd use his vouchers for all 4 of us since he had the DBP.  🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

One night we were out of vouchers for a nightcap, so another couple (that we met on the cruise) was going to gift us drinks.  Placed the order and the bartender said it's a new day (12:02 when vouchers expired at 12 midnight).  😞  Another guy at the bar heard the conversation, said he'd use his vouchers for all 4 of us since he had the DBP.  🙂

...🎅

12 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Not all heroes wear capes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2023 at 9:52 AM, Scubadoc said:

Hmm. Thanks. Well, this is our first time back on Royal Caribbean in six years so I guess I’m thinking about carnival and Princess. We love the ship though. I guess I’ll have to fight the Windjammer masses to get my burger. Life is hard, but somehow we will endure.  😂

you can also hit up Park Cafe for some free roast beef sandwiches.

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Do realize that 'free' / "free" is understood by most people to mean included and is not the same as free? 🙄

Entirely two different things. Free, as defined in the Oxford dictionary means 'without cost or payment'.

Anything that is 'included' onboard a cruise ship (food or otherwise) definitely incurred cost and payment (in terms of the cruise fare paid), so therefore is not free as previously defined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Nope... not 'free'. Once again, you paid for that burger many times over up front in your cruise fare. It's really not a difficult concept to grasp. 😉

Soo ɗifficult .. if on Royal and get a buger from jonnie rockets they want swipe my card and if I don't let them no buger and I have paid Us$ dollars and alot more than carnival for the cruise fare.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Entirely two different things. Free, as defined in the Oxford dictionary means 'without cost or payment'.

Anything that is 'included' onboard a cruise ship (food or otherwise) definitely incurred cost and payment (in terms of the cruise fare paid), so therefore is not free as previously defined.

Stop!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Soo ɗifficult .. if on Royal and get a buger from jonnie rockets they want swipe my card and if I don't let them no buger and I have paid Us$ dollars and alot more than carnival for the cruise fare.

Not difficult at all.. Many items are included with your cruise fare (what folks like to call 'free'), i.e., WJ buffet, MDR etc., etc., while others (as in your example) incur an up-charge, which is not included in your cruise fare (or 'not free').

Does that help?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

image.jpeg.d0c48fa3a80069f7e525322df643b2bc.jpeg

I had these on Anthem a couple times and wondered what the fuss was about. Everybody raves about them but they were kind of meh.

Maybe I'm spoiled because NY has really great Beef on Weck sandwiches. 

At least it was free.

Edited by GimmeOcean
  • Like 3

When I make special requests, the crew don't seem bothered at all in fact I think they are happy to comply thinking they will get that "10" they are so keen on.  They have always delivered with a smile and seem to go out of their way to please.  Of course honey always catches more flies and a smile and "Could you please..." makes most requests bearable for them.  Anyway, I've never had any bad reactions; more that they seem proud of themselves for achieving  the request...and if they could not comply I never made a fuss.  Politeness goes a long long way with crew.  So out of all requests, I'd say 90% were answered satisfactorily.  That's why my standard line is "You have not because you ask not". I've mentioned a couple of requests here before like the one for a discontinued "She Crab Soup".  I was the only person in the dining room with that soup and had it for 3 nights straight!  That represents what even the chef is happy to do to make a loyal customer.  The Matr'd got an envelope that cruise.  Our table servers got extra for hot rolls the entire cruise.  And I like powdered sugar on my French Toast, server got tipped in the Windjammer for that one too.  It took a while and they brought 2 different types before the linguistics problem was solved.  They called it "Bakers sugar" LOL

I have no guilt whatsoever for asking.............

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1