Boarding Time Selection

Buckeye4Life

51 minutes ago, Buckeye4Life said:

It's been several years since I've cruised with Princess. How far out from your cruise does Princess allow you to select your boarding time? I have a cruise scheduled for October 15th. 

Look at your travel summary and check, just before the itinerary, as it says your ship boarding time.

So, you can go before or after that time up to 90 minutes before sailing.

No more boarding times to select pre cruise. They didn’t enforce them anyway.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Me too.  I can just see the long lines!  It was so efficient before.😳

I may be wrong but something tells me that everyone will probably just arrive early & the line outside the terminal will jammed at around 9 AM. 

Perhaps this will lead to having an Elite line to enter once again?

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I may be wrong but something tells me that everyone will probably just arrive early & the line outside the terminal will jammed at around 9 AM. 

You check it out and let us know!

I’m going to check out the LA line’s first.  🥴

Buckeye did you go to the first game yesterday my boss took his family to it he is from Ohio as well as me.  We live in Florida now.  As for the no scheduled times for boarding I don't think it will affect the lines that much it was common knowledge that you could arrive when you wanted to.

On my past few post-pandemic cruises out of Fort L I have taken the unhurried and relaxed approach.  I don't understand people's need to be first on the ship on boarding day and first off on disembarkation day.

If the cruise sails at 4:00, try to get there around 2:00.  The herd has already fought their way on board and is occupying the buffet like it's their last meal.  At 2:00, my Luxury Inside Suite is ready and I can drop my bag and go check in at my muster station.  From that point on, I'm on cruise mode.  Relaxed and avoiding the herd.

• Like 2

"If the cruise sails at 4:00, try to get there around 2:00."

Lots of reasons why some can not delay arriving at the pier. The biggest may be that people just want to be on board, start their vacation voyage and are more than willing to face the crowds. Flight arrivals, hotel check out times are just a few other reasons people arrive early. There is the thinking of why should I hang around a hotel lobby when I can be on board having a cold beer, martini and a lunch that I have already paid for.

In all my sailings I never had personal issues dealing with the terminal boarding crowds. Some may, I do not.

My advice. Do what is comfortable for you. 

9 minutes ago, skynight said:

"If the cruise sails at 4:00, try to get there around 2:00."

Lots of reasons why some can not delay arriving at the pier. The biggest may be that people just want to be on board, start their vacation voyage and are more than willing to face the crowds. Flight arrivals, hotel check out times are just a few other reasons people arrive early. There is the thinking of why should I hang around a hotel lobby when I can be on board having a cold beer, martini and a lunch that I have already paid for.

In all my sailings I never had personal issues dealing with the terminal boarding crowds. Some may, I do not.

My advice. Do what is comfortable for you. 

Your last line says it all.  I like to avoid crowds and I maintain a shipboard routine that allows me to do so.  I guess I should applaud those who try to be first on and first off the ship - it gets them out of my way. 😉

• Haha 1

Being in Florida, we drive to the ship in the morning. Depending on the day of week, the traffic can be horrendous at times and all it takes is a small accident to cause a major headache. 

Why chance it when we can arrive early and avoid most of the congestion?  We'd rather stand on line for an hour in the terminal then in traffic leading up to the port. 

29 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Being in Florida, we drive to the ship in the morning. Depending on the day of week, the traffic can be horrendous at times and all it takes is a small accident to cause a major headache. 

Why chance it when we can arrive early and avoid most of the congestion?  We'd rather stand on line for an hour in the terminal then in traffic leading up to the port. 

Good point.  I'd do the same thing if I was driving to the port the day of the cruise.  In that event, I'd be one of the first ones in line. 

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Good point.  I'd do the same thing if I was driving to the port the day of the cruise.  In that event, I'd be one of the first ones in line. 

we drive down the 4-5 hours the day before - get a nice hotel room ( we can see Terminal 2 at PE/FLL ) if we choose to take one of those rooms.  Next morning - under 10 minutes to be in the parking garage around 10:00 am

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we drive down the 4-5 hours the day before - get a nice hotel room ( we can see Terminal 2 at PE/FLL ) if we choose to take one of those rooms.  Next morning - under 10 minutes to be in the parking garage around 10:00 am

That sounds OK but why spend $200 for a room when it not absolutely necessary? I suppose I'm just to practical. 😄

I could use that money to go to Sabatini's a few times.

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

That sounds OK but why spend $200 for a room when it not absolutely necessary? I suppose I'm just to practical. 😄

I could use that money to go to Sabatini's a few times.

the stress level goes to "zero" by 11:00am the day before the cruise - just like a day added to our cruise - a 5 day becomes a 6 day - Nicer room, great shower - totally relaxed to board - not stressed from a drive down that morning on 95 or the turnpike for us

15 minutes ago, voljeep said:

the stress level goes to "zero" by 11:00am the day before the cruise - just like a day added to our cruise - a 5 day becomes a 6 day - Nicer room, great shower - totally relaxed to board - not stressed from a drive down that morning on 95 or the turnpike for us

That's exactly why we arrive early- eliminates stress.

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Look at your travel summary and check, just before the itinerary, as it says your ship boarding time.

So, you can go before or after that time up to 90 minutes before sailing.

No more boarding times to select pre cruise. They didn’t enforce them anyway.

Is the travel summary on the app? 

6 minutes ago, Buckeye4Life said:

Is the travel summary on the app? 

No. Website-cruise personalizer

Travel summary and luggage tags.

You should click: print Travel summary and also print luggage tags.

Boarding info: Right above Itinerary on your Travel Summary

Edited by PacnGoNow

13 hours ago, MissP22 said:

So absolutely no different than the last 5 or so cruises out of Port Everglades over the last year (or two be frank, pre-covid)

We'd be disembarking at about 9am, and have to actually ask people in line for check-in to move so we can get to the pick-up area.  Absolutely crazy - to me - to be in line for check-in that early.  

Personally, I have zero interest in arriving and lining up that early when I can arrive around 11:30/12 and basically walk aboard with zero waiting, or at most, 5 minutes at security.

YMMV. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Buckeye4Life said:

It's been several years since I've cruised with Princess. How far out from your cruise does Princess allow you to select your boarding time? I have a cruise scheduled for October 15th. 

You don't select boarding times

During Covid times, you could preselect Arrival Times, but that has been fine away with as if 1st of last month.

Check-in generally opens around 10:30 or so, and boarding - generally - by 11.  It is port and cruise dependent, but not a lot of difference between ports..

If you're wanting to be among first aboard, arrive before 10.. if you're Elite, Suite or Platinum, you'll board first.  Then in order if arrival after that...

If you're not interested in waiting on lines or crowding in terminal or such, arrive around 12 noon.. 

Enjoy