Current load factors

Old Sea Dog

3 hours ago, Ant@sea said:

My takeaway from the Explora forum is that everything is fine until it’s not, and then, the staff onboard is not empowered to fix an issue without orders from Geneva, and I find that troubling. On Crystal, the staff is trained and trusted by headquarters. To me, the software is more important than the hardware. 

It's interesting what you said and we had a similar discussion while on board Serenity with some folks who were working on another luxury line when Crystal was shut-down.  They said that the ship could make almost no decisions. The similarity between those comments and your comment is that both lines are owned by large parent companies.

I agree with your analogy about software versus hardware.

In the end, what makes Crystal great for us whether the ship was new (Endeavor) or had been around for awhile, is the crew who are truly the software and also the heart and soul of Symphony and Serenity.

Keith 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2023 at 7:41 AM, Old Sea Dog said:

As the present passenger numbers are low has anyone experienced a complement upgrade.

Just curious 

Hello, we are now on the Serenity - NY to Quebec -, we are less than 300 passengers. We did not get a complementary upgrade BUT when we experienced some problems with our cabin, they gave us a complimentary upgrade.  I have to report that the cruise that we did in June in Alaska on Seabourn Odyssey, since we were 319 passengers on 450, all OV cabins received an upgrade to Veranda cabin - reason was to optimize the work of the Stewart’s. It was well appreciated by the guests.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 9:08 AM, PaulMCO said:

I agree that 2024 Med season would be good indicator on their ability to attract back their clients.  Many people have already fully booked their 2023 season before a relaunch and some have done the same for 2024.

Maybe if they did some marketing to OC cruisers some of them would come back🙄

24 minutes ago, Txcotn said:

If you're not receiving periodic emails from Crystal, I suggest you call and make sure you are on the email list. I just got back on having been inexplicitly dropped in May.

9 minutes ago, TER777 said:

If you're not receiving periodic emails from Crystal, I suggest you call and make sure you are on the email list. I just got back on having been inexplicitly dropped in May.

Also, checking your spam can be like going on a treasure hunt. I never remember, until somebody tells me they emailed me, but I didn’t receive it. Even emails responding to mine have ended up in spam! Does that make any sense?

15 minutes ago, TER777 said:

I think SEVEN times is quite enough 🙄

8 minutes ago, Txcotn said:

I get NOTHING. 50 some cruises since 1995, maybe they think I'm a ghost by now?

You have to opt-in to the emails, since your permission to be contacted doesn’t convey to a new company that buys the data (or that would defeat the purpose).  Since A&K has major operations in the EU, I can’t imagine they have any part of their company that isn’t compliant with GDPR and the other patch quilt of privacy regulations covering their target markets at this point.

Vince

5 minutes ago, May B said:

Also, checking your spam can be like going on a treasure hunt. I never remember, until somebody tells me they emailed me, but I didn’t receive it. Even emails responding to mine have ended up in spam! Does that make any sense?

Not in my spam😉

Just now, BWIVince said:

You have to opt-in to the emails, since your permission to be contacted doesn’t convey to a new company that buys the data (or that would defeat the purpose).  Since A&K has major operations in the EU, I can’t imagine they have any part of their company that isn’t compliant with GDPR and the other patch quilt of privacy regulations covering their target markets at this point.

Vince

Did that. They think I’m too old to cruise anymore 🤪

6 hours ago, Txcotn said:

Thank you all for your suggestions! I’ll just have to rely on my TA till Crystal figures out that I’m alive and interested in cruising!

I haven't read all of the suggestions but try using a different e-mail.

In general, Crystal has reached out to most of the Crystal Society Members.

The biggest challenge and they knew this was that when they released itineraries the vast majority of people already had bookings with other lines and didn't want to change them. I hear from several people, (some from this board) who won't sail Crystal until later next year or even 2025 because they had other bookings in place.

Keith

I did 20 Crystal Cruises during the past

Meanwhile I sent a few times all my information and 5 bookings were made  - 1 for 2024 and 4 for 2025

So far no single email , letter brochure ,news or similar 

It seems for the continent EU everything is done in the UK ?

And so far no representative  on continental Europe -  despite decent bookings in Germany and Belgium during the past ( so on old C ) 

However it was always a difficult product to sell in non UK  Europe 

smaller cabins and difference  between the highest non PH cabin and the cheapest PH was very substantial 

15 hours ago, Txcotn said:

You can have my spam folder plus that on FB. A&K is just as bad.

If you want I can send you my Regent brochures too as they are the worst.  My mail today was 2 from Regent, one Seabourn and 1 from American Cruise Lines who I have never solicited.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

You can have my spam folder plus that on FB. A&K is just as bad.

If you want I can send you my Regent brochures too as they are the worst.  My mail today was 2 from Regent, one Seabourn and 1 from American Cruise Lines who I have never solicited.

You can just unsubscribe.

Interesting that some of you get Crystal offer emails. Me…..nada on my primary email addy, the one Crystal has along with three booked cruises.  I have subscribed so many times to no avail. 

Guess what, my throw away emai addy (same domain as the primary) and my work email addy, I get Crystal offer emails!!!!! I guess Crystal is in love with my other email addys.

Kate

• Like 2