Pirate's LIVE and Back On The Mardi Gras Sept 16-23, 2023...Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler!

pirate4me2

Ok, I do have to have a negative post right now tho before I forget to mention it. I love our room location and the balcony, but a huge negative about it is the a/c. I’ve never understood people that complain about their rooms being hot, I guess I’ve always been blessed with a good room with good a/c…until now. This room (9374) is ok during the day for the most part, but at night, especially last night, it gets stuffy and HOT. I don’t have a thermometer to see how hot it is, but it’s like our a/c stops blowing at some point and I wake up sweating. I’m not old enough for menopause, and I asked Chris if it was just me, it’s not. Last night I literally had to kick all the covers and sheets off me and I was still miserable. We’ve made sure the balcony door is shut and latched, and we have the thermostat turned all the way down and we hit the little snowflake icon and it’s just…hot. I don’t get it. 

Also, the room steward…I’m not impressed. He came by and never offered an option of morning or evening service, only morning. We had M&Ms under the bed the first day and left them as a test…they’re still there. He doesn’t remove empty wine/drink glasses until they pile up (maybe I’m supposed to put them in the hallway, but I HATE doing that so never have and all my previous stewards have always taken them when they clean), and we had a random pair of sunglasses hung outside our room yesterday on the number thingy. They are not new, not mine, so I asked him if they had a lost & found they could put them in in case someone was looking for them…he goes, “just leave them there, someone will come back for them.” WHAT? I’m just unimpressed with his service so far. 

Ok, enough complaining. Back to gazing out at the sea and reading my book. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Ok, I do have to have a negative post right now tho before I forget to mention it. I love our room location and the balcony, but a huge negative about it is the a/c. I’ve never understood people that complain about their rooms being hot, I guess I’ve always been blessed with a good room with good a/c…until now. This room (9374) is ok during the day for the most part, but at night, especially last night, it gets stuffy and HOT. I don’t have a thermometer to see how hot it is, but it’s like our a/c stops blowing at some point and I wake up sweating. I’m not old enough for menopause, and I asked Chris if it was just me, it’s not. Last night I literally had to kick all the covers and sheets off me and I was still miserable. We’ve made sure the balcony door is shut and latched, and we have the thermostat turned all the way down and we hit the little snowflake icon and it’s just…hot. I don’t get it. 

Also, the room steward…I’m not impressed. He came by and never offered an option of morning or evening service, only morning. We had M&Ms under the bed the first day and left them as a test…they’re still there. He doesn’t remove empty wine/drink glasses until they pile up (maybe I’m supposed to put them in the hallway, but I HATE doing that so never have and all my previous stewards have always taken them when they clean), and we had a random pair of sunglasses hung outside our room yesterday on the number thingy. They are not new, not mine, so I asked him if they had a lost & found they could put them in in case someone was looking for them…he goes, “just leave them there, someone will come back for them.” WHAT? I’m just unimpressed with his service so far. 

Ok, enough complaining. Back to gazing out at the sea and reading my book. 

Sorry to hear about the AC. We had an issue recently as well where the AC would barely keep the stateroom cool enough to sleep. I plan to start bringing a small fan just in case.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Sorry to hear about the AC. We had an issue recently as well where the AC would barely keep the stateroom cool enough to sleep. I plan to start bringing a small fan just in case.

I believe I will be doing the same. Hmmm, hubby has less luggage than me, I think he can be the one to pack it. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Sorry to hear about your TBI.  I truly believe in helmets (bicycling, horse riding) as well! Hope your recovery was speedy and complete👍

Thank you. It’s been a learning experience and adventure, that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

We always bring a fan for cross air movement in the cabin, DH and DS run hot and it helps alot.  Also, put your dirty glasses in the hallway, it will be picked up.  I know in the past we have been told to do this many times as it is easier for them to pick them up and not worry about taking something that perhaps someone was still using or eating.  

• Like 1

We ended up saying to heck with the MDR wait (being sat at 9-9:30? No thanks!) and ended up going to Rudi’s again. I won’t bore you with the menu pics again, but I did try and swap a few things up tonight! I ordered the lobster Mac & cheese at the suggestion of another cruiser…oh my! I loved it, Chris not so much. It was full of flavor and cheesy. I had the seafood bisque again, which was delish, and the crabcake, which was good, and for dessert I tried the apple cheese cake…I thought it was better than the steakhouse cheesecake! Service was top notch.
It is now 9:45, and I’m done for the day. I wanted to do the rock &

glow party at 10:45, but I’m getting old…I like my early bedtime! 

IMG_1018.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg

IMG_1025.jpeg

IMG_1026.jpeg

• Like 6

I slept in until 9:26 this morning. I figured with it being our final day onboard I deserved to be a little lazy. It was wonderful. 
We headed to Java Blue for go-go juice and we’re in line at 9:52. They were pretty quick and efficient today, I had my iced caramel latte in hand at 9:57. It was perfect and gave me the energy I needed. I checked us in for sea day brunch at 9:58, and the app said under a 10 minute wait. I’d say it was pretty accurate today! I decided to give the eggs Benedict another try (I was so close to ordering something different, the huervos rancheros) and I’m glad I did…they were done right today. Yay! 

IMG_1029.jpeg

• Like 5

We decided after brunch that a little spa time was in order, so we headed back to the room to change. I love my towel animal farm! 
We spent about an hour in the spa, and guess what? I got y’all some pics! There was a 30 second window with nobody in the T-pool, and then when I went to the aromatherapy steam room it was empty too! So here’s a few pics for y’all to enjoy of those 2 areas. 
Was the spa pass worth it? We went 3 days, and spent 1-1.5 hrs there each time…so maybe. I’m a penny cruncher, so it’s hard for me to swallow the cost sometimes, but I do feel more relaxed and did enjoy my time in there. I do like the spa better tho on the Dream class ships…I like being up high and seeing the view, this spa is soooo closed in. On those ships I would happily book a spa cabin! 

IMG_1032.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg

• Like 4

@pirate4me2...thanks for the pics of the spa.  Question regarding the spa..... I see that it appears that the heated loungers are in the same room as the T pool.

I experienced that on other Carnival ships and was NOT a fan, the T pool make too much noise and having the loungers in the same room made for a very loud atmosphere.  Wondering what your experiences was here.

Cruising HAL to Hawaii in Feb and have the spa pass - 18 days - can't wait!

Edited by Hogladyrider
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@pirate4me2...thanks for the pics of the spa.  Question regarding the spa..... I see that it appears that the heated loungers are in the same room as the T pool.

I experienced that on other Carnival ships and was NOT a fan, the T pool make too much noise and having the loungers in the same room made for a very loud atmosphere.  Wondering what your experiences was here.

I agree, the T pool in the same room as heated loungers doesn't sound as relaxing.  On Magic the T pool was separate and Sunshine we didn't have a T pool.  Love those heated tile chairs!!

45 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

I think I prefer the Tpool being separate….although, the noise may have helped mask my snores the other day lol. 

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I agree, the T pool in the same room as heated loungers doesn't sound as relaxing.  On Magic the T pool was separate and Sunshine we didn't have a T pool.  Love those heated tile chairs!!

Those heated loungers are so relaxing! 

• Haha 3

At 1:27, the Red Frog Tiki Bar on Lido is HOPPING! I had to go tho and get myself a Caribbean Colada. It was good, but not quite what I remember it being in the past. 

Oh, and I think this guy is a tad confuzzled about when disembarkation day is…lol. 

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

• Haha 6

*Sigh* came back from grabbing one last Shaq’s sammich (none of my upcoming cruises have it onboard, so it was the obvious lunch choice), and someone, I’m hoping a child and not a grown adult, had drawn all over our cabin door with the marker for our dry erase board. I mean, REALLY?! Thank goodness it came off easily, but I’m still sad that someone would do that. 

1 minute ago, pirate4me2 said:

*Sigh* came back from grabbing one last Shaq’s sammich (none of my upcoming cruises have it onboard, so it was the obvious lunch choice), and someone, I’m hoping a child and not a grown adult, had drawn all over our cabin door with the marker for our dry erase board. I mean, REALLY?! Thank goodness it came off easily, but I’m still sad that someone would do that. 

If it was a child, boo on the parents! If it was an adult, well, it wasn't an adult because that's not adult like behavior.🤬

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

If it was a child, boo on the parents! If it was an adult, well, it wasn't an adult because that's not adult like behavior.🤬

I’ve seen some LOVELY examples of parenting this cruise, including one child about 4 with floaties on their arms, alone in the ocean at about 3 feet deep, with the mom going (when questioned by a family member) “oh she’s ok, she can’t drown, she has floaties on.” Mom was sitting in a beach chair with a drink in hand. WHAT THE HECK!! I had to keep on walking, I was fuming inside. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

I’ve seen some LOVELY examples of parenting this cruise, including one child about 4 with floaties on their arms, alone in the ocean at about 3 feet deep, with the mom going (when questioned by a family member) “oh she’s ok, she can’t drown, she has floaties on.” Mom was sitting in a beach chair with a drink in hand. WHAT THE HECK!! I had to keep on walking, I was fuming inside. 

That is so wrong!  The silent death.  And parents who walk ahead of their kids, letting them trail behind like geese through a parking lot.  Yeah, I can see the 3 foot child behind my SUV.  Don't get me started!!

Edited by ninjacat123
so mad, I forgot a word
  • Like 2