Can We Make A 9:30am Flight From Boston?

2cruzers

NO, and forgive me but I’m shouting. 
last year at Ray Flynn pier the longshoremen and street side staff were not prepared for the extra arrival of the Celebrity ship and ships with a day call at Boston all at the same time. It was a nightmare for taxis and Uber alike. Your flight should be No earlier than noon.

1 hour ago, Nanatravel said:

NO, and forgive me but I’m shouting. 
last year at Ray Flynn pier the longshoremen and street side staff were not prepared for the extra arrival of the Celebrity ship and ships with a day call at Boston all at the same time. It was a nightmare for taxis and Uber alike. Your flight should be No earlier than noon.

Thanks!!! Already made the change to an afternoon flight.

12 hours ago, 2cruzers said:

Is the Embassy Suites Airport OK for pre-cruise? If so, how much is transportation to the port?

It is fine, but it isn't close to tourist spots, you'd need to take the MBTA Blue line to get to attractions

City is close to airport.  I'd stay downtown so you can drop your bags off and take advantage of your location in the city and explore.  Easy to get to the airport the next day

On 9/12/2023 at 5:04 PM, 2cruzers said:

Our return flight is scheduled for 9:30am from Boston. The ship is scheduled.to arrive at 7:00am mid-October. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

we got off the ship, walked across the parking lot to Dunkin Donuts and got a Lyft. The ride to the airport was super fast.  

the lines to get into the HAL buses was unreal 

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

How about catching an 11 AM flight?  I see there is a nonstop flight back to Seattle at that time, just wondering..        Thanks!  

What ship and what time do you dock? What day of the week?

Edited by Nitemare

On 9/12/2023 at 5:04 PM, 2cruzers said:

Our return flight is scheduled for 9:30am from Boston. The ship is scheduled.to arrive at 7:00am mid-October. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Of course, almost anything can be “possible” - but anything before noon is somewhat risky, and thinking you can get off the ship and to the airport, and through check-in and TSA so you can be at the gate by 9:00 is a damn fool notion

35 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Of course, almost anything can be “possible” - but anything before noon is somewhat risky, and thinking you can get off the ship and to the airport, and through check-in and TSA so you can be at the gate by 9:00 is a damn fool notion

Thank you, I will schedule an afternoon flight.