Reusing Wow Bands

RocCruisers

I read on previous posts that you can re-use Wow Bands on different ships - just need to get them reprogrammed.  Can we use bands from trips to Disney parks?  Or maybe Princess medallions?  And if we have old RC bands, who does the reprogramming?  

Thanx..

6 minutes ago, RocCruisers said:

I read on previous posts that you can re-use Wow Bands on different ships - just need to get them reprogrammed.  Can we use bands from trips to Disney parks?  Or maybe Princess medallions?  And if we have old RC bands, who does the reprogramming?  

Thanx..

They don't get "reprogrammed", the tag ID just gets linked to your Sea Pass card on the ship.

14 minutes ago, RocCruisers said:

Thanx..

No different system.  I have some old ones which I was told can be re-programmed.  They were from one of my Anthem sails.  Notice the pimples vs the current ones that have clasps.

When these were first introduced on the Quantum, they had the Assembly Station on them.

image0 (4).jpeg

1 hour ago, volk904 said:

So I have a Oct cruise on the Harmony and a Feb cruise on the Odyssey. Are you saying if I buy the bands I can use them on both ships just by getting the ship to change the data after boarding? 

1 hour ago, volk904 said:

I have another question. How does the wow band work with non bar drink servers by the pool and other places?  

Yes, you can take the bands you buy on harmony and then use them again on odyssey. You just take them to guest services and they link them to your room.

If you're at a restaurant or the pool, the attendant has to take the actual band with them to get your drink. I started carrying my card with me to hand them for that, but would use the band at the bar, and to open my room door, which was the most convenient use of the band for me. 

In theory, the bands are great, in theory.  But, you still, as I understand it, have to take the things off your wrist to give to a server/tender to scan at the computer terminal.  If I have to do that, I might as well just pull out my Sea Pass Card, from my pocket or lanyard and hand it to the server/tender.  Having said all that, I do like to use them for the purpose of opening the cabin door, like @ARandomTraveler, especially when we have our hands full of stuff we bought and we just couldn't live without.  

I'm not sure about all suite guests, but I know that Star Class gets them at no extra charge.  They're waiting for you in your suite.  So, I put them on and used them for the cabin door (I won't pay extra for them, not til they perfect the convenience of them, taking them off and on is no convenience).  I have a small collection of them.  Or I did until this move that we are in the middle of and I think we threw away most of our cruise memorabilia.  We're just keeping our magnets, lanyards, and a few ceramic ship models that our Genies gave to us.  

• Like 1