Large Group on Sky Princess

Tiggipaws

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

When you have a large group and there are 80-90 people from that group using all the loungers around the main pool and in the pool at all times it pretty much blocks others from using the pool. This behavior has been reported by others in the past. We have never personally been on a cruise that was impacted by any large groups.

Two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time (well I guess the bears could prove me wrong on that one 🤣).  The person I was quoting has no problem with people reserving deck chairs and going to the buffet for a meal.  At least the people you are mentioning are using the chairs.

There was one woman using all of the lounge chairs around the Lotus Pool on the Ruby. Every lounge chair had clothing items, towels, or books placed on them.  We watched as she proceeded to move from one chair to another throughout the morning.  We were using the steps at the end of the pool to sit on when we weren't in the pool.  I went over to talk to her after we saw her move a few times.  Turns out she was saving the lounge chairs for her friends, who eventually showed up to tell her that they didn't want to sit by the pool, but were instead going to have lunch instead.🙄

It doesn't have to be a large group to impact others.

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

When you have a large group and there are 80-90 people from that group using all the loungers around the main pool and in the pool at all times it pretty much blocks others from using the pool.

I think that pool usage and lounge chair usage are an entirely different matter.  If I get to the Lido Deck at 11:00 a.m. and 500 people got there before me and all of the lounge chairs are occupied and the pool is full of people splashing around and having fun it doesn't matter (at least to me) whether the people who got there before me are an organized group of 500, or a disassociated amalgamation of 500 individuals, 250 couples, or some combination thereof.  They beat me to the punch and I deal with it.  I have a defense measure that I can deploy if it means that much to me, which is to get up earlier.  This is very different from a situation where the cruise line ropes off an area for a group or closes an entire venue for a group.  This is what lessens my cruise experience as I have no defense against the closure.  500 people beating me to a venue is OK.  Having a venue taken away from me is not.   

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

When you have a large group and there are 80-90 people from that group using all the loungers around the main pool and in the pool at all times it pretty much blocks others from using the pool. This behavior has been reported by others in the past. We have never personally been on a cruise that was impacted by any large groups.

And that's exactly what happens.  You also never get an opportunity for a lounge chair because it gets handed off to someone else in the group before the first person's stuff is taken away.  

Also happens in the bars.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I think that pool usage and lounge chair usage are an entirely different matter.  If I get to the Lido Deck at 11:00 a.m. and 500 people got there before me and all of the lounge chairs are occupied and the pool is full of people splashing around and having fun it doesn't matter (at least to me) whether the people who got there before me are an organized group of 500, or a disassociated amalgamation of 500 individuals, 250 couples, or some combination thereof.  They beat me to the punch and I deal with it.  I have a defense measure that I can deploy if it means that much to me, which is to get up earlier.  This is very different from a situation where the cruise line ropes off an area for a group or closes an entire venue for a group.  This is what lessens my cruise experience as I have no defense against the closure.  500 people beating me to a venue is OK.  Having a venue taken away from me is not.   

Having venues closed off is what totally irks me.

As I'm on the Sky with a very large group of over 800, it will be interesting to see how it goes.  I'll be doing a live from so we will see how it goes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Don't you mean when their using "your pool"?

Actually it became "their pool" from the early morning. 

7 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Having venues closed off is what totally irks me.

As I'm on the Sky with a very large group of over 800, it will be interesting to see how it goes.  I'll be doing a live from so we will see how it goes.

If you do a live posting, please include a copy of the Patter if possible.

18 minutes ago, Tiggipaws said:

Theres a group on the week before as well but I don't know how many

Oh, well, like I said earlier in the thread, we were on with PCA last year, and it didn't bother us at all.  I never noticed any venue roped off, but admittedly, we spend out day in the retreat area, and don't go to the MDR, so there might have been stuff going on that we didn't see.