Live Bermuda Bliss Insignia September 20-27th

calicakes

2 hours ago, calicakes said:

I'm using my cell data now. Wifi is spotty and slow. Pics from dinner last night.

Are you using the ship's "Cellular at Sea" cell service or are you close enough to land towers you can use your home service.  Unless you have some special rate (rare but not impossible), "Cellular at Sea" look to be amazingly expensive, especially for data. Just curious.

Edited by 1985rz1

8 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Are you using the ship's "Cellular at Sea" cell service or are you close enough to land towers you can use your home service.  Unless you have some special rate (rare but not impossible), "Cellular at Sea" look to be amazingly expensive, especially for data. Just curious.

I think they're docked at Hamilton. 

• Thanks 1

Julie had lasagna. I had dover sole and a small portion of lobster risotto. I wasn't a fan of either. Risotto was too dry. I do not care for the thick sauce that was served with the fish tasted like cornstarch. We skipped dessert.

20230922_190241.jpg

20230922_190244.jpg

20230922_190247.jpg

20230922_191939.jpg

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ToxM said:

I am sorry you are having issues with the food. Toscana has never been my favourite venue. Are you enjoying any part of your cruise?

Of course I am. I am just reporting the facts.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 2:21 PM, calicakes said:

None of the excursions have appealed to us. We're very much beach people. we enjoy snorkeling. I think we will attempt to find a beach. Hopefully the weather cooperates. I just checked, and it seems like it will be raining.

We love two beaches there. Tobacco Bay is great for snorkeling. Our last visit we went to Jobson's Cove and loved that. The water is calm, shallow and clear, thanks to the big rock formations that shelter it from the sea... but there is a larger beach next door to it called Warwick Bay Beach. It's an easy public bus ride from dockyard. Not sure where Insignia docks. I don't think it's dockyard though.

3 hours ago, calicakes said:

Of course I am. I am just reporting the facts.

I also wondered if any of the food was to your liking?  Sorry that you were also disappointed in the size of your suite.  Food is so subjective what one likes another may dislike.  We just booked Allura for Dec 2025 and excited for our first Oceania cruise to be on a brand new ship.

21 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

We love two beaches there. Tobacco Bay is great for snorkeling. Our last visit we went to Jobson's Cove and loved that. The water is calm, shallow and clear, thanks to the big rock formations that shelter it from the sea... but there is a larger beach next door to it called Warwick Bay Beach. It's an easy public bus ride from dockyard. Not sure where Insignia docks. I don't think it's dockyard though.

We're docked in Hamilton at the main terminal.  Across the street from Front Street.  We'll probably go to Tobacco Bay tomorrow.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, islabahia said:

I also wondered if any of the food was to your liking?  Sorry that you were also disappointed in the size of your suite.  Food is so subjective what one likes another may dislike.  We just booked Allura for Dec 2025 and excited for our first Oceania cruise to be on a brand new ship.

Oy, I feel like I can't say anything negative about food here.   I'm a very good cook and baker so I'm a bit more picky than most.  I also eat organic 90 percent of the time( at home). 

We decided to try Oceania from Celebrity because we both felt the quality of food on X went downhill.   The food on O is much better.  I do wish they had a turkey burger at Waves Grill.   I don't eat beef. 

The fruit has been excellent.  The melons are very sweet.  They also have strawberries and blueberries at the buffet.  Celebrity never does.  The bread is good, the pastries are excellent.    

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Oy, I feel like I can't say anything negative about food here.   I'm a very good cook and baker so I'm a bit more picky than most.  I also eat organic 90 percent of the time( at home). 

We decided to try Oceania from Celebrity because we both felt the quality of food on X went downhill.   The food on O is much better.  I do wish they had a turkey burger at Waves Grill.   I don't eat beef. 

The fruit has been excellent.  The melons are very sweet.  They also have strawberries and blueberries at the buffet.  Celebrity never does.  The bread is good, the pastries are excellent.    

I don’t think anyone is being negative about your comments, I was was merely wondering if everything else was ok 🙂

• Like 1

Dinner at Terrace buffet. Soba noodles with peanut sauce. Polenta Timble with mushroom sauce. Both very tasty. Julie had the sirloin flap roast. I noticed that the main dining room and the buffet have very similar menus. 

20230923_183728.jpg

20230923_183732.jpg

20230923_184710.jpg

20230923_184712.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I noticed that the main dining room and the buffet have very similar menus. 

Yes  the GDR is usually less chaotic  but  some like the  Terrace  as it is faster

Friends  like to  wolf down their food  in 20 mins  & be off someplace else

We prefer to enjoy the meal  & not pop up & down for  courses

Personal choice

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Isn't everyone a club member?

Probably a good percentage    but  they will give you that number at the party

plus you get to see  some of the Milestone cruisers receive  their club pins 😃

Don't forget the free drinks

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Probably a good percentage    but  they will give you that number at the party

plus you get to see  some of the Milestone cruisers receive  their club pins 😃

Don't forget the free drinks

Lyn, it's been my experience lately that if you're below Platinum they will not do a Pin Presentation at the party. Only a mention of how many turned such and such and that the pins should have been in the room for them. It didn't use to be that way, but more and more people are hitting the levels so it was taking up too much time at the party. They do still mention the top 2 or 3 cruisers. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ORV said:

Lyn, it's been my experience lately that if you're below Platinum they will not do a Pin Presentation at the party. Only a mention of how many turned such and such and that the pins should have been in the room for them. It didn't use to be that way, but more and more people are hitting the levels so it was taking up too much time at the party. They do still mention the top 2 or 3 cruisers. 

That's been my experience as well.  They'll mention the top 2 or 3 by name and only mention the number of cruisers reaching each level.  All pins will be in the cabins. 

20 minutes ago, ORV said:

I agree  just the top club members  get pins at the party

Ours was in the cabin last time   ..fine by me LOL

I like to go & see those with over 100 cruises 

I will never  get there  😪