Suite benefit questions

iowacruiser10

Hi there,

I apologize in advance if these questions have been asked - I've tried searching and found answers that led me to more questions.

We are booked in a full suite for an upcoming New England/Canada cruise and I have a couple of questions about how some of the suite benefits work.

1) Specialty Dining on embarkation night:  Can we make reservations ahead of time or do we have to wait until we're on the ship?  Or do we even need reservations at all for this night?

2) Reserve Dining in MDR:  We are sailing on the Emerald - will something onboard tell us where we need to go (is there a specific dining room we go to)?  Along with this - do we have the same staff from night to night with reserve dining?

3) Mini bar - I'm not sure if this is specific to suites, but I've read about folks changing out the mini bar.  We're not big drinkers so I think we would benefit from easy access to bottled water and maybe a few sodas.  Is this a normal ask of your steward?  Do we then pay for what we use from the mini bar?  We have the plus plan so we can also go get drinks elsewhere on the ship.

I think that's all for now - thank you in advance!  We're new to this suite sailing but very much looking forward to it.  If you have any other tips, I would welcome them.

Thanks!

2. Reserve Dining is in the Da Vinci DR, deck 6 mid ship, starboard side. It is walk in dining. Show up anytime the DR is open and you will be seated fairly quickly. It is open every day for dinner and lunch on sea days. It is also open for breakfast each day. However, your better selection for breakfast is the exclusive full suite breakfast made to order. It will be in one of the specialty restaurants, Sabatini's or Crown Grill. There will be a notice in your cabin about the details.

3. You should receive receive 8 50ml bottles of spirits, 2 beers, 2 waters, 2 Perrier or similar, 6 soda. Call room service or ask your cabin steward to make an exchange. Alcoholic can be exchanged for alcoholic or non alcoholic. Non alcoholic can be exchanged for non alcoholic.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iowacruiser10 said:

Hi there,

I apologize in advance if these questions have been asked - I've tried searching and found answers that led me to more questions.

We are booked in a full suite for an upcoming New England/Canada cruise and I have a couple of questions about how some of the suite benefits work.

1) Specialty Dining on embarkation night:  Can we make reservations ahead of time or do we have to wait until we're on the ship?  Or do we even need reservations at all for this night?

2) Reserve Dining in MDR:  We are sailing on the Emerald - will something onboard tell us where we need to go (is there a specific dining room we go to)?  Along with this - do we have the same staff from night to night with reserve dining?

3) Mini bar - I'm not sure if this is specific to suites, but I've read about folks changing out the mini bar.  We're not big drinkers so I think we would benefit from easy access to bottled water and maybe a few sodas.  Is this a normal ask of your steward?  Do we then pay for what we use from the mini bar?  We have the plus plan so we can also go get drinks elsewhere on the ship.

I think that's all for now - thank you in advance!  We're new to this suite sailing but very much looking forward to it.  If you have any other tips, I would welcome them.

Thanks!

1) no advance reservations needed on embarkation evening for suite guests. You can go to whichever one you prefer and they'll seat you at next available table. Or see the maitre'd on boarding and reserve your time. Or call the DINE line and reserve your time

2) yes, the daily planner lists which dining room and entrance is Reserved dining. You can go any time it's open. They'll generally try to seat you at same table/area and with same staff each night.. it's not always 100% possible, but in general, yes - same staff, etc.

3) yes, ask your room steward to make the swap or call Room service to make the swap. There's 20 items, 10 alcohol 10 non-alcohol. You can trade it all for all soda or water, or alcohol like for like, soda like for like, or all for a bottle of wine...

Enjoy. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

What is special about the breakfast in Sabatini's other than mimosas?

Setting, service, menu, included specialty coffees, and ability to order virtually anything you want for breakfast providing they have the ingredients, and it's within reason..  

Smaller kitchen solely doing the specialty breakfast also makes a big difference. 

• Like 3

If your ship has a concierge lounge (not positive if all the ships do), they typically have alot to offer.  First, they are stocked with food and beverages (I think most/all of the alcoholic ones are only a certain times, like happy hour).  Second, the concierge staff seems to just want to help.  Even if it isn't specifically stated in the 'suite benefits' flyer, what the heck, just ask 'em nicely and see what happens.   I think more often than not they will try to help you....

1 hour ago, nwnittany said:

If your ship has a concierge lounge (not positive if all the ships do), they typically have alot to offer.  First, they are stocked with food and beverages (I think most/all of the alcoholic ones are only a certain times, like happy hour).  Second, the concierge staff seems to just want to help.  Even if it isn't specifically stated in the 'suite benefits' flyer, what the heck, just ask 'em nicely and see what happens.   I think more often than not they will try to help you....

OP is sailing on the Emerald. No concierge lounge.

2 hours ago, Bollycats said:

What is special about the breakfast in Sabatini's other than mimosas?

Specially prepared made to order breakfast. Anything you like within reason. If they have the ingredients they will prepare it for you. They get to know your preferences. It may be the best single benefit for a full suite passenger. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nwnittany said:

Only Royal class ships have the lounge 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Specially prepared made to order breakfast. Anything you like within reason. If they have the ingredients they will prepare it for you. They get to know your preferences. It may be the best single benefit for a full suite passenger. 

💯 breakfast in Sabatini’s is our favourite perk!

• Like 4