Hubbard Glacier excursion cost?

mkkao924

I am planning our July 2024 trip, and I was surprised to see that Celebrity has the Hubbard glacier excursion priced at $500 (with a 10% off to bring down to $450).

From previous posts, I had an impression that this excursion was about $300. Wondering how other lines' 2024 price for Hubbard glacier?

With that price tag, should I look for Tracy Arm small boat tour from Juneau instead?

16 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

I am planning our July 2024 trip, and I was surprised to see that Celebrity has the Hubbard glacier excursion priced at $500 (with a 10% off to bring down to $450).

From previous posts, I had an impression that this excursion was about $300. Wondering how other lines' 2024 price for Hubbard glacier?

I have found everything in Celebrity is quite a bit more expensive comparing apples to apples.

8 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Yup, I agree with no1racefan1. Was on the Crown last week. Didn't even know about the excursion or cost, until I saw the boat comin along. The Captain didn't even try to get close to the glacier, cuz of the fog an ice, was a mile or so from the glacier.

1 mile isn't bad. We were probably 5 miles this summer, easily. I can't remember. We were not even close. We were too early in the season for the small boat excursion or else I would book it in a heart beat. Once, on RCCL - we were 9 miles.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I have found everything in Celebrity is quite a bit more expensive comparing apples to apples.

Wow! Thanks for confirming. I was preparing for 20% more, did not expect 50%!

Edited by mkkao924

1 hour ago, wolfie11 said:

We were there a few days ago in beautiful conditions with sun and blue sky, very little ice, no wind to speak of and a slack tide.  We stopped 5 miles from the glacier.  Some captains just can’t handle any ice at all.

I don't know if they can't handle or don't care. We had little ice in May. 

$299 pp on Holland America for my Cruise in June 2024.

If I was not doing the Kenai Fjords cruise at about the same price, I might consider it.  But that one is 8.5 hours (Northwestern Fjord) so much more bang for the buck.

Edited by SirTomster

10 hours ago, SirTomster said:

$299 pp on Holland America for my Cruise in June 2024.

If I was not doing the Kenai Fjords cruise at about the same price, I might consider it.  But that one is 8.5 hours (Northwestern Fjord) so much more bang for the buck.

After knowing how close we did not get in May of this past year - it may be tempting to do both. They did not offer it on my sailing (too early).

Though - I love the Kenai Fjords cruise and I agree, it probably is the better of the two.

8 hours ago, Coral said:

After knowing how close we did not get in May of this past year - it may be tempting to do both. They did not offer it on my sailing (too early).

Though - I love the Kenai Fjords cruise and I agree, it probably is the better of the two.

Oh, I should also qualify, that finances are the reason I am skipping this one.  If that was not an issue, I would book in a heartbeat.  I would have already purchased my $500 & $100 Holland American gift card through AARP for $400 & $90 and used those.   My budget is already screaming at me at how much I am spending already. Therefore, I had to skip this.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirTomster said:

Oh, I should also qualify, that finances are the reason I am skipping this one.  If that was not an issue, I would book in a heartbeat.  I would have already purchased my $500 & $100 Holland American gift card through AARP for $400 & $90 and used those.   My budget is already screaming at me at how much I am spending already. Therefore, I had to skip this.   

Alaska is expensive. I get it.

34 minutes ago, Coral said:

It is dynamic pricing - as it fills up, the price increases. Not pleased with this.

Wow. Mine still shows $299 for May 2024, but it also still shows at least 20 spots available, so I guess it hasn't filled up yet. I didn't realize the prices would change! Now I'm even more happy I booked all my excursions a year in advance, lol.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 6:58 AM, no1racefan1 said:

Wow. Mine still shows $299 for May 2024, but it also still shows at least 20 spots available, so I guess it hasn't filled up yet. I didn't realize the prices would change! Now I'm even more happy I booked all my excursions a year in advance, lol.

I totally could've (should've) done that. Hindsight. I wanted to do more research. I guess this is one of those times that you book right away, knowing you can always cancel, but at least you snagged a spot and the good price?

• 1 month later...

RCCL - July 12, 2024 - $358 for adults and $245 for kids on a 10% off sale. I booked and hoping price drops, but then I'd have to cancel and rebook to get better price and hate to risk doing that if it is sold out by the time of the future sale. But yikes - expensive!

On 11/6/2023 at 5:38 AM, surgie said:

RCCL - July 12, 2024 - $358 for adults and $245 for kids on a 10% off sale. I booked and hoping price drops, but then I'd have to cancel and rebook to get better price and hate to risk doing that if it is sold out by the time of the future sale. But yikes - expensive!

it went down about a month ago to $338.  Keep checking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jean87510 said:

it went down about a month ago to $338.  Keep checking.

I did see that very short sale. But they won't adjust prices - I'd have to cancel and rebook and I know it typically sells out so what if I cancel and then can't get it rebooked even if I do it immediately? I asked my TA is she could get a price adjustment through Royal but she was told no.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, surgie said:

I did see that very short sale. But they won't adjust prices - I'd have to cancel and rebook and I know it typically sells out so what if I cancel and then can't get it rebooked even if I do it immediately? I asked my TA is she could get a price adjustment through Royal but she was told no.

yes unfortunately that's what you have to do. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 9:30 PM, surgie said:

If you do it now its down to $278 pp.  Just redid mine.

• Like 1