Soft Serve on Seascape

mcoler181

I was under the impression that you were unable to get free soft serve ice cream on MSC but have just read on another thread that it is included on the minors package.

My question is, where on Seascape would the kids be able to get soft serve?

Thanks in advace.

6 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

I was under the impression that you were unable to get free soft serve ice cream on MSC but have just read on another thread that it is included on the minors package.

My question is, where on Seascape would the kids be able to get soft serve?

Thanks in advace.

When I was on the ship in May, the ice cream was free for all passengers from 4:00-5:00. There was always a line that usually began at least 15 to 20 minutes beforehand.  They also put out several different types of cookies that were quite good.  Once they opened, the line usually moved quickly.

6 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Look for it to be listed in the dining options on the back of the daily schedule.  This is from Seaside in August, look at the last item under Lunch.  

IMG_0313.jpeg

This says "ice cream".

Is it, in fact, ice cream or soft serve?

It is worth mentioning again that the gelato is $4 for one scoop and $6 for two scoops. The third soft serve ice cream machine was not working out at the adult only Infinity Pool. The one outside of the Market Place buffet at the Jungle Pool gelato station works and opened at 1pm. One morning at the Long Island pool I saw the soft serve ice cream machines filled and ready to serve (7 am). I inquired. The cones of soft serve are $5, Pina Colada or Strawberry Daiquiri ...Or a blend of both called a "Miami Vice". All non alcoholic. The soft serve ice cream is included in the non-alcoholic and kid's beverage packages. Ice cream sundaes are complimentary for dessert every lunch and dinner in all the MDRs.
Soft Serve ice cream machine is moved out most every afternoon inside the Market Place buffet starboard side Bread Station for complimentary cones 3:30 to 4:30. But location may change in MPB.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

It is worth mentioning again that the gelato is $4 for one scoop and $6 for two scoops. The third soft serve ice cream machine was not working out at the adult only Infinity Pool. The one outside of the Market Place buffet at the Jungle Pool gelato station works and opened at 1pm. One morning at the Long Island pool I saw the soft serve ice cream machines filled and ready to serve (7 am). I inquired. The cones of soft serve are $5, Pina Colada or Strawberry Daiquiri ...Or a blend of both called a "Miami Vice". All non alcoholic. The soft serve ice cream is included in the non-alcoholic and kid's beverage packages. Ice cream sundaes are complimentary for dessert every lunch and dinner in all the MDRs.
Soft Serve ice cream machine is moved out most every afternoon inside the Market Place buffet starboard side Bread Station for complimentary cones 3:30 to 4:30. But location may change in MPB.

Thanks, so I take from that there are a few other soft served machines dotted about the *****?

16 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

Thanks, so I take from that there are a few other soft served machines dotted about the *****?

3 pay for stations (unless one has the packages mentioned) and one roll out complimentary with a line inside the buffet.

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_2246.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

On the Seaside it is soft serve ice cream - not soft serve yogurt (at least that is what they told us). It is very good ice cream served in a cone or a cup with toppings available. If you are from the northeast it is similar to Carvel. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcoler181 said:

Would they have been in Europe?

9 in Europe, 1 in Asia, 1 in America (from Cuba with no US pax). But I know this soft serve, which is not allowed to be called ice cream in Europe by law 😄 , is a big thing in US. When I had ice cream time on MSC cruises in the buffet it was real ice cream. But not gelato unfortunately 🙂

• Thanks 1

So far, depending on the ship, I've found soft-serve available to all passengers at no additional charge for a period of a couple hours in mid to late afternoon. Most days but not all. Either at a dessert station on one side in the back of the marketplace buffet, or at an outside station between the buffet and pool.

• Like 1