Bathing suit(s)

shipgeeks

I'm pretty sure I own more than 20 swimsuits...some one-piece, some bikinis with mix and match options.  It's easy to pack more than a few swimsuits if most of them are bikinis...they don't take up much room.  I wouldn't dream of judging someone based on how many different suits they wear on a cruise...lol.  If I want to get sun, I'll go with a suit that has a bandeau top and a cheeky bottom.  If I am swimming in an ocean with waves, I want a top with straps and more coverage on the bottom.  If I'm doing a combo excursion where I'm in town and on the beach, I might opt for a one piece suit that can sub as a bodysuit as well.  I don't do hot tubs but I'll be in the ship pool on sea days for sure.  At the end of the day, we all do what we choose to do to enjoy our cruise, right?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, CookingChick2020 said:

At the end of the day, we all do what we choose to do to enjoy our cruise, right?

Absolutely.

within  reason, of course.

I am surprised that anyone owns that many swimsuits - but if you do and you like to bring however many on your trip, that's OK, totally up to you.

or if you (like me) own one and just bring that, that's OK too.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I probably owned 6-7 bathing suits at a time when I was younger.  I have lived in Florida the majority of my life and our homes always had a pool.  Still have a pool, but now I am 60 years old and I have 3 bathing suits, probably because I don't love how I look in them LOL.  I take 2 bathing suits when I cruise. I wear one, wash it and let it dry, wear the other one, etc 

I enjoy the hot tub and the pool at The Solarium on Celebrity (adults only section) the spa and the Persian Garden - all places where I use my swimsuit!

• Like 1

I bring 2 swimsuits, both tankinis. One has a black bottom and one has a navy bottom. I bring two cover-ups. I like being able to switch depending on what we are doing, and like many others, I refuse to put on a wet swimsuit. I never wear one to board and although we like to check out the pool area, we don't get in the pool on embarkation day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I took one swimsuit on my last cruise and never used it.  Between the cold pool that looked like Times Square on New Years Eve and the hot tubs (or Giant Tub 'o Cream of Unmentionable Bodily Excretions Soup, as I call them), I didn't see the attraction.  But then, I live in Florida, so it's not a novelty. 

• 1 month later...

So my wife and I (41,44) Bring many Bathing suites. I usually bring about 4 and my wife brings about 5. Different styles for on the ship then when going ashore. Wife tries to make sure the bottoms have more coverage when we are on the ship and less coverage when ashore at a beach. 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, TwinMamainMN said:

I bring 2 swimsuits, both tankinis. One has a black bottom and one has a navy bottom.

That sounds a bit like a recipe for disaster -- too easy to mix up.  Of course, now that I say it, I realize I too have those same colors, but one of mine's solid, while the other's polka-dot and has a skirt.  Not too easy to mix up.  

• 1 month later...

We don't always swim but we like to have two swimsuits per person. That way if we do swim one of the suits can be drying and the other one will be dry so we're not putting a wet swimsuit on if we swim 2 days in a row. I cannot imagine packing more than two swimsuits. I was watching a pack with me video on YouTube where a girl took 12 swimsuits because she was going on a 12-day cruise, so she wanted to wear a different swimsuit everyday, which is crazy to me!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 12:12 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

That sounds a bit like a recipe for disaster -- too easy to mix up.  Of course, now that I say it, I realize I too have those same colors, but one of mine's solid, while the other's polka-dot and has a skirt.  Not too easy to mix up.  

Depending on the suit, maybe they would look good mixed and matched. Navy and black are both neutral. I actually have tankinis like this and many of them look good together. I have three with blue bottoms and two with black bottoms. All of them look relatively good mixed and matched. One of the one that has the blue bottoms actually has a lot of black detail in it and black mesh sections...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 11:19 AM, jsn55 said:

That's another point ... if you've maintained your own large pool, you know how delicate the chemical balance needs to be.  You wouldn't get me into a public pool or hot tub for any reason whatsoever.  I mean, they take BABIES in there, ugh.

NCL does not allow diapered unpotty-trained babies in their pools, although they do get in.  There is signage to that effect near the pools.  Even swim diapers are not allowed.

On 4/3/2024 at 10:58 AM, Barb Nahoumi said:

NCL does not allow diapered unpotty-trained babies in their pools, although they do get in.  There is signage to that effect near the pools.  Even swim diapers are not allowed.

"Not allowed" means little to some people; unless there's a monitor 24/7, I'm not sticking a toe in that water.  

On 4/5/2024 at 8:59 AM, jsn55 said:

"Not allowed" means little to some people; unless there's a monitor 24/7, I'm not sticking a toe in that water.  

I'm with you on that! And it's not just incontinent babies and toddlers that worry me, it's the levels of personal hygiene of the other adults in the pool or hot tub. How can I be sure they've had a proper wash of all their nooks and crannies before getting into watm water!!! Not been in a public pool for decades!!!

• Like 1

I have a good immune system and  I can have a shower afterwards if I want to.

So I will continue on swimming in public pools, rivers ,seas etc - no harm has come to me so far by doing so.

• Like 4