recent experience with beer/wine using new "More" benefits

Tned123

Have booked a cruise for Jan 24. I'm interested in hearing from those who have used the new "More" beverage plan. I know its beer and wine at lunch and dinner. I'm interested to know if there are any house wines available by bottle or carafe ? are second pours by the glass freely offered? any difference in how it's served at terrace buffet? 

Thanks in advance for any consumer feedback about this. Ed

2 minutes ago, Tned123 said:

Have booked a cruise for Jan 24. I'm interested in hearing from those who have used the new "More" beverage plan. I know its beer and wine at lunch and dinner. I'm interested to know if there are any house wines available by bottle or carafe ? are second pours by the glass freely offered? any difference in how it's served at terrace buffet? 

Thanks in advance for any consumer feedback about this. Ed

No one know yet since SM does not take effect until 01OCT 23.  It will be like the House Select beverage package that allows you to choose any wine/champagne by the glass on the menu so lots of choices.  They pour from a bottle so no carafes onboard.  You can have as many refills as you wish while dining.  There is no difference in the glass of wines offered in Terrace, Waves or GDR.  There are some different ones offered in the specialty restaurants.  There are no discounts on purchasing full bottles of wine - you are better off to bring your own bottle of wine onboard and take with you to dining and pay the $25.00 corkage fee.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, susiesan said:

With the current wine package, can you have your glass filled at dinner and then take it with you to drink later in your cabin?

Package specified “with lunch and dinner only”. You always can have a bottle of wine in your cabin to drink without paying a corkage fee.  

• Like 3

Just now, EJL2023 said:
2 hours ago, susiesan said:

With the current wine package, can you have your glass filled at dinner and then take it with you to drink later in your 

They allow you to leave with wine you have been served at dinner.  I saw many leaving the GDR and Terrace Cafe with a glass of wine. Never saw at specialty restaurants.  So I followed and joined the tradition. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

They allow you to leave with wine you have been served at dinner.  I saw many leaving the GDR and Terrace Cafe with a glass of wine. Never saw at specialty restaurants.  So I followed and joined the tradition. 

The rules are what they are for. Most will understand. But if you decide not to follow it’s most likely no one on Oceania ships will stop you for this particular one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, osandomir said:

The rules are what they are for. Most will understand. But if you decide not to follow it’s most likely no one on Oceania ships will stop you for this particular one.

Sorta like the rules state a limit of 6 bottles can be brought onboard and is strictly enforced?? And the guidelines on attire?  And the rules on chair hogs at the pool? Not many on this site seem to understand the 6 bottle limit it would seem. 

Just now, EJL2023 said:

Sorta like the rules state a limit of 6 bottles can be brought onboard and is strictly enforced?? And the guidelines on attire?  And the rules on chair hogs at the pool? Not many on this site seem to understand the 6 bottle limit it would seem. 

It is not a limit as it states "may" not "will" be kept until debarkation.....as long as you abide by consuming the alcohol in your cabin then it is not a problem...let's not start that discussion again

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Well, breaking any of the rules that you mentioned would never demonstrate the best behavior. Some of them would affect more than others the enjoyment of those around you on the ship.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m going to be onboard Riviera in November of this year.  I wonder how are they going to tell apart who paid for “simply more” and who didn’t.  Or are well all going to be dealt as though we are all “simply more?”. We did not opt into “simply more,” since the prices we already had were very good.

1 minute ago, Psoque said:

I’m going to be onboard Riviera in November of this year.  I wonder how are they going to tell apart who paid for “simply more” and who didn’t.  Or are well all going to be dealt as though we are all “simply more?”. We did not opt into “simply more,” since the prices we already had were very good.

Just like O Life   beverage package  you will probably need to show your card

If you do not have either deal then they will charge  drinks to your account 

• Like 1

Our cruise starts 10/17, I'm sure we'll hear from someone in the first days of SM. We had OLife with standard beverage package, OBC and shorex and did NOT convert to SM. Will post our experiences as soon as we can. We plan on testing it at lunch that first day....  🍷

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1