Not able to make Cagney's Reservations On Breakaway

Cowboy296

I have not been able to make dining reservations at Cagney's for New Orleans Breakaway January 21, 2024 sailing. It keeps saying 'Not available to book'. We are at 118 days until sail date. Platinum level. I was able to make reservations at La Cucina. I have chatted and talked to NCL reps but no one has an answer other than wait until on the ship. Which is what I have to do for the 2 specialty dining for being Platinum level. The last cruise couldn't book Cagney's until after 9PM! Has anyone had this issue before?

12 minutes ago, Cowboy296 said:

I have not been able to make dining reservations at Cagney's for New Orleans Breakaway January 21, 2024 sailing. It keeps saying 'Not available to book'. We are at 118 days until sail date. Platinum level. I was able to make reservations at La Cucina. I have chatted and talked to NCL reps but no one has an answer other than wait until on the ship. Which is what I have to do for the 2 specialty dining for being Platinum level. The last cruise couldn't book Cagney's until after 9PM! Has anyone had this issue before?

Is this every night or just one?

13 minutes ago, Cowboy296 said:

I am on the next week sailing and I have the same issue. I was able to book my other restaurant choices. 

1 minute ago, KSSS2013 said:

I am on the next week sailing and I have the same issue. I was able to book my other restaurant choices. 

I was able to book La Cusino. I got two specialty dining free with the booking and get 2 being Platinum. Was told had to wait until on the ship to book the 2 for being Platinum level.

22 minutes ago, Cowboy296 said:

Has anyone had this issue before?

yes, pretty much everybody has had this issue before.

many of the spots available for online booking get snatched up by those that are quicker than others, typically at midnight ET the very first day they become available. sometimes only 9 PM reservations remain. sometimes, no reservations remian.

the good news is that you will likely be able to get most any day and time you want if you tend to it immediately after boarding. go the designated spot for reservations with your calendar and make your requests or pick up the phone and call room service (on most ships, they also make restaurant reservations).

• Like 2

Called the Latitudes pre-cruise service desk, and as per the Agent, the problem was realized about 2 days ago and they are working on a solution. All other restaurants are available. 

There has been an issue for a long time with the booking platform, 120 days out and not recognizing the 125-day rule for certain latitude levels.

• Like 1

Yes, this sort of thing has happened before.

On a couple of occasions over the years, a restaurant hasn't opened up for reservations at the correct time. 

I can't remember exactly what happened. From memory they have opened up at a later date, but I have also had to wait until boarding.

They weren't sold out, they were never available.

It's NCL's IT. You expect this sort of thing now and then.

Just curious, is this such an issue that you can't make reservations on the ship as they suggested?

Go to the scheduler in front of Cagney's and ask them to make reservations for you on the first day.  They usually are able to accommodate all but the most onerous requests.

Edited by graphicguy

59 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just curious, is this such an issue that you can't make reservations on the ship as they suggested?

Go to the scheduler in front of Cagney's and ask them to make reservations for you on the first day.  They usually are able to accommodate all but the most onerous requests.

They weren't able to on my last cruise in February, tried as soon as onboard and all times were taken except for 9 PM or later!

23 minutes ago, Cowboy296 said:

They weren't able to on my last cruise in February, tried as soon as onboard and all times were taken except for 9 PM or later!

Try going to the scheduler outside of Cagney's the day you want to dine there and ask for an opening.  How many are in your party?

26 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah....you should be able to get Cagney's scheduler to find a reservation for you.  I usually tell them I'll wait in the area just to see if there's a "no show".  Don't think I ever waited more than 15 minutes.

Hopefully they will fix it before on the ship. If not might try waiting in the area. Thanks 

44 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Looks like they may have fixed it. I was able to book Cagneys now. 

I was able to do it too. AT first after I saw your message I tried and got the first date and time in the cart and went to book another day and it would not work again. Kept trying and was able to do it. Thanks fpr the reply!

• Like 1