Vista missing ports

gentlemancruiser

2 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Recieved a message that disembarkation will be delayed by 2 hours.   Check in time was 12:30 now 2:00pm.

Disembarkation  in Miami or Montreal?

We got the letter  for the delay in embarkation  on the 29th 

8 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Recieved a message that disembarkation will be delayed by 2 hours.   Check in time was 12:30 now 2:00pm.

Welcome to Cruise Critic gentlemancruiser.  We are having a Meet & Greet at Horizons on embankment day Sept 29 at 4 p.m. if you would like to join other Cruise Critic members just come and join us. 
Cheers Ros🙂

21 minutes ago, aussietwo said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic gentlemancruiser.  We are having a Meet & Greet at Horizons on embankment day Sept 29 at 4 p.m. if you would like to join other Cruise Critic members just come and join us. 
Cheers Ros🙂

Thanks depnding upon how delayed we are, I might join you.  We expereinced a similar delay boarding a few years ago on the Marina and based on that expereince I think we were not be onboard until around 3:30pm    Montreal cruise terminal is new but not very large.   

Delay is not as bad as what happened in 2018.  Water levels were too high in Montreal and the cruise departed from Trois Rivieres.  Almost 3 hr bus ride from Montreal airport.  Arriving passengers ended cruise with an overnight in Trois Rivieres and a bus ride to airport.  Decision was only made the day before.

2 pm doesn't sound that bad😀

• Like 5

Did  anyone other than @gentlemancruiser  get the memo of the   cruise disembarking 2 hrs late?

The  memo  i got said

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

I am writing to you to inform you of a delay in embarkation for your upcoming Oceania Cruises vacation aboard Vista.

In order to accommodate the vessel’s operational needs, embarkation will follow the amended schedule as noted below:

12:00 PM – Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites

1:00 PM – Penthouse Suites

2:00 PM – Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms and all other staterooms

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Did  anyone other than @gentlemancruiser  get the memo of the   cruise disembarking 2 hrs late?

The  memo  i got

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

I am writing to you to inform you of a delay in embarkation for your upcoming Oceania Cruises vacation aboard Vista.

In order to accommodate the vessel’s operational needs, embarkation will follow the amended schedule as noted below:

12:00 PM – Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites

1:00 PM – Penthouse Suites

2:00 PM – Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms and all other staterooms

Assumed he meant embarkation as he in same sentence referenced check in time now was at 2:00. 

Edited by EJL2023

10 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Assumed he meant embarkation as he in same sentence referenced check in time now was at 2:00. 

He also stated the  current cruise disembarks on Thurs   which in not  true 🤔

1 hour ago, Brad1185 said:

We were at 11 now it’s 2 so I don’t know when the checkout time of our hotel is 11 or 12 so I have a couple hours of sitting around 

Ask the hotel if they will store your bags after check out  go enjoy some of Montreal sites & cuisine

Or go sit at the port  until they allow you to board

16 hours ago, Brad1185 said:

We were at 11 now it’s 2 so I don’t know when the checkout time of our hotel is 11 or 12 so I have a couple hours of sitting around 

Yup!  Our flight lands at 11:30 so we've got some sitting around to do as well....  would go shopping but don't want to be pulling bags around the city.